Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've dabbled in private servers before and I know going in I just don't have the time to put into it. For that reason it'll be really cool to watch streamers have success on classic as they are paid to put hours and hours into it and will have the best gear/consumables and crush people. I'd just rather not be the person they're endlessly crushing and if I played I absolutely would be.
    If classic isn't your thing that shouldn't be a bad thing. I think both versions of the game are pretty loveit/hateit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    What a terrible analogy. Not even close to relevant. Just had to pop in to let you know that.
    Not really, I've reversed my opinion on other games as fast as that. I was hyped as fuck for mass effect Andromeda and took less than 10 mins till I realised I'd just been mugged after loading it up.

If he like Alot of people here has built up this fantasy idea of what classic was it dosnt take long for that to be dispelled by the reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well classic isn't for sale, it's just a free bonus for playing wow when you burn out of the main game. It's extra stuff for same money, win/win for everyone
    I like how company's try to redefine the word free. Classic isn't free, it's bundled with retail but its still costs money to pay into the bundle which if your only doing to play classic you a complete ideot because no 15 year old game is worth that price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    That’s true. But the OP didn’t make a review. He just said “I played to level 5 and don’t like manually looting every mob. The game is bad” and made a thread to do so. That “review” is not constructive for anyone and adds no value to the debate. If he actually played the game to level 40 and based on that made a detailed review called “My experience with the classic wow beta” it would be much more valuable. Nobody likes the looting system in Classic.
    The thread is more an apology, like I said the dude was one of the most zealous pro classic guys, who said they crazy stuff like classic is Completly perfect, if you honestly hold that view then obviously you will quickly meet disappointment at the first thing you find that dispels that perfect vision

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    It might be enough for them but everyone should know that their opinion is worth nothing if they didn't even play an iota of the game experience vanilla offers. Obviously the full game experience someone might identify as such is very subjective, but playing until lvl 5 is nothing. As I said, if someone thinks that RPGs for them or the whole of world of warcraft isn't their cup of tea, then I understand, because questing and killing mobs is a huge part of WoW. In the situation of OP, this wasn't the case and blaming merely classic for being a bad game is dishonest imo.

Also if you assume I am some kind of "vanilla hardcore fan" or part of the "pro classic" crowd, then you would be wrong. I think retail has many advantages compared to classic and vice versa.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, totally sincere apology from a totally sincere account
    Every ones opinion has value if it saves a consumer money.

- - - Updated - - -

As I already said, if someone doesn't like the concept of an RPG then it's understandable they get bored until lvl 5, but advocating how great Classic is and how bad retail is and then to do a 180° turn by just playing until lvl 5 is dishonest. You put him onto the same level as some newb who happens to try WoW the first time, but this isn't the case. Playing classic until lvl 5 is nearly the same shit as in retail. Yes it is slower, but it's simply killing mobs and doing 2 to 3 quests at most.
    If some people can't understand that concept then I can't help you, it's also going to be my last post regarding that subject, since I don't want to play being a broken record.
    Well first of all wow classic isn't a proper rpg. Its a MMORPG with the limitations of 2004 so you not exactly getting a dragon age 1 rpg experience. Personaly that put a few of my freinds of wow back in the day, who were die hard rpg fans.

And as for the quick u turn, like I said if you build up this fantasy of what something is, unless that thing perfectly meets that fantasy you will u turn very quickly and often hate the thing simply for not meeting your expectations.

- - - Updated - - -

The looting system in Classic is a necessary evil. Nobody actually likes it but at the same time you can’t change it as it will have an large impact on the game. It will change the economy as you would be able to farm faster and that would be devastating for the game.

So yes, people like AOE looting but don’t want in Classic because it will change one of the core systems (the economy) of the game.
    The economy is already fucked up because you don't have the same farming bots and Chinese gold sellers. + the pop size difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    So I've been talking about how great Classic will be and have probably been one of the biggest fanboys around. However I recently got into the beta and I have to admit I got it completely and totally wrong. A few minutes after sitting there hitting mobs you get the sinking feeling of "I'm too old for this". Having to click each individual mob to loot them is painfully tedious. I got to level 5 on my Rogue and realised I couldn't play any more. I've realised that the quality of life improvements in the main game aren't the problem, it's just that BfA has been a lacklustre expansion and I believe this will rapidly change with the release of 8.2. I now think that 8.2 will kill Classic not the other way around.

I just wanted to apologise to all the people I attacked for doubting the success of Classic. I believe many, many people will go through the same experience as I have.
    You talk as if you've never played Vanilla, otherwise you'd never have assumed it was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieSmile View Post
    I remember many good things about vanilla wow. Great experience on road to 60 and after 60.
    But overall it will be the worst fun per time spent value.

This classic release will affect badly 8.2 experience and delay next expansion. Such a disappointment.
    Well... it’s seperate teams, so I don’t see how classic will delay anything. Only way I see it influencing 8.2 is people being torn between what to play.

I do wonder why you believe classic will be less fun than bfa

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Not really, I've reversed my opinion on other games as fast as that. I was hyped as fuck for mass effect Andromeda and took less than 10 mins till I realised I'd just been mugged after loading it up.

If he like Alot of people here has built up this fantasy idea of what classic was it dosnt take long for that to be dispelled by the reality.
    That is independent of your terrible analogy. A vehicle's "user experience" doesn't change all that drastically over its lifetime. A more apt analogy would have been ... "it's like someone who watches a trailer and hypes the hell out of a show and then watches the first 5 minutes the pilot and decides the entire series is bad" ... which people do, and whether or not they should take this approach to flash-judging content is debatable.

I'm FINE with you playing Classic WoW beta for 4 seconds and not enjoying it. I am not fine with terrible analogies.

The genius part about making it part of the monthly sub is that you are paying for both versions of the game no matter what.

The thread is more an apology, like I said the dude was one of the most zealous pro classic guys, who said they crazy stuff like classic is Completly perfect, if you honestly hold that view then obviously you will quickly meet disappointment at the first thing you find that dispels that perfect vision
    This is my exact point. The thread is too personal and OP treats it like a blog. If he has been offensive or rude toward certain individuals he can write them private messages instead.

And the fact that the OP can change his opinions so drastically based on playing the game for 30 minutes and not liking the looting system just shows how confused he is about what he really wants. People should no listen to or take advice from a person like that.

- - - Updated - - -

The economy is already fucked up because you don't have the same farming bots and Chinese gold sellers. + the pop size difference.
    One problem doesn't validate another.

That is independent of your terrible analogy. A vehicle's "user experience" doesn't change all that drastically over its lifetime. A more apt analogy would have been ... "it's like someone who watches a trailer and hypes the hell out of a show and then watches the first 5 minutes the pilot and decides the entire series is bad" ... which people do, and whether or not they should take this approach to flash-judging content is debatable.

I'm FINE with you playing Classic WoW beta for 4 seconds and not enjoying it. I am not fine with terrible analogies.
    A users experience of a car dosnt change over its life time?

I and my last car beg to differ, my user experience did a total 180 after the head gasket blew

- - - Updated - - -

This is my exact point. The thread is too personal and OP treats it like a blog. If he has been offensive or rude toward certain individuals he can write them private messages instead.

And the fact that the OP can change his opinions so drastically based on playing the game for 30 minutes and not liking the looting system just shows how confused he is about what he really wants. People should no listen to or take advice from a person like that.

- - - Updated - - -

One problem doesn't validate another.
    Maybe, but throwing a match in a fire is hardly something to get but hurt over.

- - - Updated - - -

Also people do do that and are often correct. Most people can tell by watching the trailer or within a few minutes of the movie that it's something there gonna find good or not. Sometimes they get olesently suprised that it turns out OK but that's the exception the proves the rule

you werent ever going to play classic in the first place you lying fuck lmao.

So I've been talking about how great Classic will be and have probably been one of the biggest fanboys around. However I recently got into the beta and I have to admit I got it completely and totally wrong. A few minutes after sitting there hitting mobs you get the sinking feeling of "I'm too old for this". Having to click each individual mob to loot them is painfully tedious. I got to level 5 on my Rogue and realised I couldn't play any more. I've realised that the quality of life improvements in the main game aren't the problem, it's just that BfA has been a lacklustre expansion and I believe this will rapidly change with the release of 8.2. I now think that 8.2 will kill Classic not the other way around.
    There is not much AoE looting needed on level 5!!

Maybe, but throwing a match in a fire is hardly something to get but hurt over.
    I don't agree with this picture. I think the economy will be just fine in WoW Classic. Adding AOE loot would be more than just a match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    There is not much AoE looting needed on level 5!!
    He was using all those AoE abilities that level 5 rogues have.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    There was not "skyrocket" at all actually. As I said in a previous post, WotLK only got two bumps, both being only 500 000, and both being at both ends (one right after TBC, from 11 to 11,5 M ; the other being after Cata was announced, from 11,5 to 12M). There were no ToC surge, and the entire expansion was spent in stagnation.
    When Cataclysm was announced at Blizzcon 2009 they gave a a 15-20% discount (I know, I bought multiple accounts for multiboxing during then). This was around when ToC was ending and ICC was being introduced. It was also around the time where accounts were having to be merged to Battle.net accounts. ICC didn't release until 2010.

Not sure if you know this but you're actually agreeing with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    who even gives a fuck if you like it or not ? Healing process he said, what a fukin wierdo

- - - Updated - - -

that doesnt make any sense, what wow had more viewers when it was all about bfa only? does that mean the game was dead? no, apex legends is fuckin dead on twitch, but you get insta queues when playing, does that mean the game is dead? People should really stop comparing how good a game does acording to twitch viewers. The fact that streamers dont stream a game doesnt mean people dont play it.
    't was sarcasm my dude

at least from personal experience, I can remember the people I played with through Classic + TBC stopped at the end of Wotlk due to the changes of the latest patches. I am always surprised why so many people praise Wotlk. It wasn't a bad expansion (mostly thanks to the LK story), but nothing compared to vanilla and TBC, imo.
    My own experience in WotLK was simply that there was a HUGE turn-over between veterans (a lot of them who left in boredom or disgust) and the new players attracted by the "streamlining" *cough* of WotLK. Uncoincidentally, "wrath babies" is a common expression to name those who started in WotLK, and it's the only expansion which won such moniker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekis View Post
    Not sure if you know this but you're actually agreeing with me.
    Yeah, I agree on the general conclusion (that WotLK didn't lead to a noticeable increase in sub), but I pointed it was even worse than what you said

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    He was using all those AoE abilities that level 5 rogues have.
    It's possible to pull consecutive mobs to the same spot you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Dangbot View Post
    I've dabbled in private servers before and I know going in I just don't have the time to put into it. For that reason it'll be really cool to watch streamers have success on classic as they are paid to put hours and hours into it and will have the best gear/consumables and crush people. I'd just rather not be the person they're endlessly crushing and if I played I absolutely would be.
    If classic isn't your thing that shouldn't be a bad thing. I think both versions of the game are pretty loveit/hateit.
    I think you are onto something here. A lot of people, myself included perhaps, will opt to experience Classic vicariously by watching streamers. That way you can cut out the boring parts and experience the bits of Classic that are going to be fun, like Alterac Valley. My subscription has now ended and I don't feel the urge to renew at this point, it's very possible that I've just grown out of World of Warcraft and that's why I didn't get any satisfaction from Classic. I've grown up and matured and so it's really hard to justify sitting there auto attacking mobs when I could be reading books and increasing my knowledge in subjects like philosophy and science.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've grown up and matured and so it's really hard to justify sitting there auto attacking mobs when I could be reading books and increasing my knowledge in subjects like philosophy and science.
    You're really laying it on thick aren't you? But I'm sure you've grown immensely from the shitposter you were earlier this month.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I've grown up and matured and so it's really hard to justify sitting there auto attacking mobs when I could be reading books and increasing my knowledge in subjects like philosophy and science.
    When you imply that only immature people continue to enjoy this particular style of gameplay Classic offers, you are, in itself, making an immature and sweeping remark. WoW Classic isn't only for kids, you know. Heaven forbid some people actually enjoy its style of gameplay and aren't any less mature for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I havent played the game for years, I honestly wouldnt know.
    Explains alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yeah, I agree on the general conclusion (that WotLK didn't lead to a noticeable increase in sub), but I pointed it was even worse than what you said
    I see you're a man of culture then My bad XD