Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And regardless, it doesn't matter. We're talking about someone being fired with cause. That last part is pretty important. Racism is cause for firing someone, even if you're in a State where at-will employment doesn't exist and your employer needs cause to fire you.
    They can also make a case to the employer that the accusations are not true. They don’t go by the word of the accuser, but it’s hard to come up with an excuse, when there is a history of doing it.

But, remember... to online posters... walking under a swastika, while chanting ‘blood for soil’, doesn’t mean you are a fascist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Yes, and they used guillible youth to do so.
    Then how is it anything like antifa? Are you suggesting they are organized by the government?

The exact same the radical left is doing today by organizing them to shame attack and destroy their political opponents without having to address their points.
    Who is organizing them? I want names, not a relative location.

"Unleash the students", they say. Antifa are weaponized useful idiots who revel in hatred and violence, nothing more.
    They revel in hatred of fascist? So... they are like everyone, who isn’t fascist? Like everyone who realizes they will be undesirables? How do you think fascist plan to get rid of undesirables? Prizes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    How is that any different than the MAGA-hat wearing Trumpsters?
    I know! Antifa are not the armed militia currently running a mock in Portland.

- - - Updated - - -

I know what I'm not advocating for: conflation of speech with violence and endorsement of political violence to shut up speech I disagree with.

That's the stuff of fascism, and you stand right behind it.
    You mean like the guy who killed someone during the unite the right rally or the fuckers shooting up churches? They were not fascist until people were dead? But... yeah... antifa and their strongly worded letter and sticky milkshakes. Totes the same...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They revel in hatred of fascist?
    They revel in hatred period.
    Then justify enacting that hatred by labeling innocents as fascists, while the people who pushed them into that hatred sit back and don't need dirty their hands.

Unwitting tools weaponized by a witting movement.

- - - Updated - - -

How is that any different than the MAGA-hat wearing Trumpsters?
    Maga-hat wearing trumpsters shutting down free speech, disrupting universities, scaring away comedians, attacking innocent bystanders and throwing tantrums for useless shit? Doesn't happen.

It's always on one side.... the side that lost the elections. I wonder if there's a connection.
    Perhaps they realized their ideas are shit and so the only recourse for "winning" is bypassing civil discourse and moving onto violence.

Just like the nazi did.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

Then justify enacting that hatred by labeling innocents as fascists, while the people who pushed them into that hatred sit back and don't need dirty their hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Maga-hat wearing trumpsters shutting down free speech, disrupting universities, scaring away comedians, attacking innocent bystanders and throwing tantrums for useless shit? Doesn't happen.

It's always on one side.... the side that lost the elections. I wonder if there's a connection.
    Perhaps they realized their ideas are shit and so the only recourse for "winning" is bypassing civil discourse and moving onto violence.

Just like the nazi did.
    Yep, the very same ones who want the government to come in and regulate Facebook and Twitter. Those same guys who call for all sorts of force and violence. The biggest snowflakes and SJWs around are the Trumpsters.

Oh, that's right, you don't recognize your own hypocrisy. And, just like the Nazis (your words).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They can also make a case to the employer that the accusations are not true. They don’t go by the word of the accuser, but it’s hard to come up with an excuse, when there is a history of doing it.

But, remember... to online posters... walking under a swastika, while chanting ‘blood for soil’, doesn’t mean you are a fascist.

- - - Updated - - -

Then how is it anything like antifa? Are you suggesting they are organized by the government?

Who is organizing them? I want names, not a relative location.

They revel in hatred of fascist? So... they are like everyone, who isn’t fascist? Like everyone who realizes they will be undesirables? How do you think fascist plan to get rid of undesirables? Prizes?

- - - Updated - - -

I know! Antifa are not the armed militia currently running a mock in Portland.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like the guy who killed someone during the unite the right rally or the fuckers shooting up churches? They were not fascist until people were dead? But... yeah... antifa and their strongly worded letter and sticky milkshakes. Totes the same...
    Well, racist people with guns threatening terrorist acts are totes fine for those people.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Just like the nazi did.
    Are you talking about the Proud Boys?

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Computer science professor writes Facebook and Twitter bots that store data about extremists. Uses data to dox them.

Do you approve of Prof. Squire's tactics?
    Doxxers are trash. Their motives are irrelevant.

If you're okay with doxing the other side. . .

You shouldn't complain when the other side doxes you.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account

Looking at someone's public postings on social media can't realistically be called "doxxing" in the first place.

If you've got a problem with how much information about you is publicly available, stop posting it publicly.

The party of personal responsibility arguing a person should NOT be held personally responsible for the public statements.

Yet another instance of the right being HJWs (Hypocritical Justice Warriors).

- - - Updated - - -

If a person is in a crowd and someone yells out, "Fuck America!!!!!!", and you point to the person that screamed it.....is that doxxing and wrong?

If Trump is at one of his many masturbatory ego felatings, and he calls out reporters he doesn't like, is that doxxing and wrong?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    I know what I'm not advocating for: conflation of speech with violence and endorsement of political violence to shut up speech I disagree with.

That's the stuff of fascism, and you stand right behind it.
    Wrong not speech I disagree with, speech that advocates for the very fascism you are crying about me not being tolerant enough for. No I don't think it's ok or permissible to tolerate Neo Nazi's preaching about how Jews are evil and control the media, or how Blacks are 13% of the population and 90% of all the crime, or how feminist are the reason women don't go back to the kitchen where they belong.

Speech has consequences, and those ignorant of history that tolerated the nonsense you are talking about, things didn't turn out so well for them.

I am perfectly fine with exposing these people. If they get fired or their black friends and whatever unfortunate individuals find out what they really think, GREAT.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

If I post something hateful to my public social media account with my name and someone shares that with my employer, that's not doxxing. That's someone simply pointing out something that I publicly did to my employer. I have no issues with this, because I'm pretty confident that I keep my public facing social channels clean. And if I go into a racist tirade out of nowhere on my public social media accounts, that's purely on me and my responsibility, and not the fault of the person bringing it to the attention of my employers.

You continue to pearl clutch over a strawman.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Wrong not speech I disagree with, speech that advocates for the very fascism
    Centrist, leftists, liberal, republican, conservative.... they disagree? They're fascists.

This is your mindset.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If I post something hateful to my public social media account with my name and someone shares that with my employer, that's not doxxing. That's someone simply pointing out something that I publicly did to my employer. I have no issues with this, because I'm pretty confident that I keep my public facing social channels clean. And if I go into a racist tirade out of nowhere on my public social media accounts, that's purely on me and my responsibility, and not the fault of the person bringing it to the attention of my employers.

You continue to pearl clutch over a strawman.

I don't know what exactly the professor of computer science is doing, but it seems a lot more complex than she's just getting people's name off their public Facebook account. Anybody could do that, you don't need to be a professor in computer science to do it.

She gathers information with bots and puts it in a database. She has to be going into people's private stuff or places where they expect to be anonymous.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I don't know what exactly the professor of computer science is doing, but it seems a lot more complex than she's just getting people's name off their public Facebook account. Anybody could do that, you don't need to be a professor in computer science to do it.
    She cross referenced them with earlier documents, but all the data she appears to be pulling now is all public information from public accounts, nothing private or anonymous. Her CS degree largely just means she can write the script/code for the bots that monitor these accounts, by the looks of it.

She gathers information with bots and puts it in a database. She has to be going into people's private stuff or places where they expect to be anonymous.
    Where do you see this implied in the article? Because I didn't see that anywhere, and this seems more like your unfounded belief to justify your pearl clutching than anything based in reality. It's difficult to get into folks private accounts or to confirm anonymous accounts, it's not hard to find folks public accounts where they're openly posting this kinda dumb shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Centrist, leftists, liberal, republican, conservative.... they disagree? They're fascists.

This is your mindset.
    Again you try to sell this bullshit and again no deal. Extreme Right which basically means Alt-Right White Supremacist, which is what the OP is about. My position is I don't give a shit who is exposed, and if the case is made that some Neo Nazi loses their job or anything else for something stupid they said online while hiding behind a screen name they deserve what they get. You know thicker skin stiff upper lip and all that nonsense.

It doesn't matter if they are a Centrist, leftist, Liberal, Republican or Conservative own your shit, don't ask or demand more civility and decency from others than you give.

Again you try to sell this bullshit and again no deal. Extreme Right which basically means Alt-Right White Supremacist, which is what the OP is about. My position is I don't give a shit who is exposed, and if the case is made that some Neo Nazi loses their job or anything else for something stupid they said online while hiding behind a screen name they deserve what they get. You know thicker skin stiff upper lip and all that nonsense.

It doesn't matter if they are a Centrist, leftist, Liberal, Republican or Conservative own your shit, don't ask or demand more civility and decency from others than you give.
    See what I mean? You can't even start to comprehend how the label "fascist" could be misused and weaponized by the same type of authoritarian tyrants you claim to despise.
    Are they part of my group? Do they agree with me? If yes they're fine, otherwise I'll label them fascists and treat them as monsters.

And you're fine with that regardless of how many innocents go under the bus in the process.

"It's their fault for not having denounced X hard enough". This is you. And it's abhorrent.
    Last edited by Malaky; 2019-06-25 at 05:20 PM.

See what I mean? You can't even start to comprehend how the label "fascist" could be misused and weaponized by the same type of authoritarian tyrants you claim to despise.
    Are they part of my group? Do they agree with me? If yes they're fine, otherwise I'll label them fascists and treat them as monsters.

And you're fine with that regardless of how many innocents go under the bus in the process.

"It's their fault for not having denounced X hard enough". This is you. And it's abhorrent.
    And which ones are the fascists trying to get the government to attack the free speech and freedom of association of business owners?

Oops, you walked into that one.

10+ Year Old Account

No because again you conflate disagreement with terrorism and those that target actual people with hate speech, harassment and death. You're complaining about these people being exposed, and I am saying I am fine with that.

Even if "You" want to call them left, right or center. Fascist get no tolerance, if you spout nonsense about ethnostates, and divinity and superiority over people based on their race, sex, or orientation then fine OWN your shit.

It goes without saying that it matters who that is. "Oh well that only means people I disagree with" NO it doesn't. Which is something you have a bigger problem with than me.

Because you are going on page after page trying to advocate that real fascist are victims to those you claim are being fascist because they are defending themselves from these POS

15+ Year Old Account
    Aaah, I see. So even the innocents are guilty when refusing to attack what the party dictates as evil as hard as the party commands.

How very..... 'stic of you.
    The Republican party harbors Nazis, fascists, and other white supremacists. Are you not one of those? Do you think what they do is wrong? Then say it. Come out and admonish them for their terrible world view. All I ever see is tribalistic conservatives defending the fascists and attacking lefties/antifa as a counter. We have several conservatives on here who outright and openly despise white supremacist fascist beliefs. Why is it so hard for others to state their disdain of such people? To everyone else, it looks like they're condoning that behavior and then make excuses when called out on it.

I've openly expressed my disapproval of violence committed by people who share some of my political beliefs. The right seems to have a much harder time doing this. So how do you feel about the nazis, white supremacists, and fascists in the conservative parties?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

No because again you conflate disagreement with terrorism and those that target actual people with hate speech, harassment and death. You're complaining about these people being exposed, and I am saying I am fine with that.
    Neither "hate speech" or "harassment" are justifiable reasons for physical attacks, intimidation and politically motivated violence.
    Try again.

Only death falls unto that category, and we already have the law for that.
    We don't need morally righteous inquisitions and teen vigilantes going around punching innocents in the streets.

Because you are going on page after page trying to advocate that real fascist are victims to those you claim are being fascist because they are defending themselves from these POS
    They're both POS.
    Both the actual, real ethno-nationalistic fascists and Antifa are scum that belongs in the trash, because their methods are the exact same: property destruction, threatening of innocents and suppression of speech through violence.

Unlike you, I don't excuse one evil while pretending to hate the other.
    Last edited by Malaky; 2019-06-25 at 06:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Both the actual, real ethno-nationalistic fascists and Antifa are scum that belongs in the trash, because their methods are the same: violence, threats and suppression of adversarial speech.
    Well hey, I guess it's a start. I still have yet to see many conservatives openly admonish their white nationalist brethren without uttering something about lefties in the same breath.

Still, if we want to get a picture of who the real problem is, all we need to do is look at the body count, and which side actually holds power in government. (Hint: it isn't antifa)
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Well hey, I guess it's a start. I still have yet to see many conservatives openly admonish their white nationalist brethren without uttering something about lefties in the same breath.

Still, if we want to get a picture of who the real problem is, all we need to do is look at the body count, and which side actually holds power in government. (Hint: it isn't antifa)
    You sure about that?
    Because I clearly remember CNN going on long and about defending Antifa's abhorrent practices of violence and attacking innocents.
    And so do many news outlets, journalists and college professors to this day, unlike the ethno-nationalists who're condemned by all mainstream.

And would the "body count" be only metric that matters to you anyway?
    No reprehensible ideology starts with high body count, they always begin by infiltrating society with abhorrent ideologies and rethorics first.

Just like how Antifa and the violently authoritarian movement behind it is doing.