Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    You sure about that?
    Because I clearly remember CNN going on long and about defending Antifa's abhorrent practices of violence and attacking innocents.
    Quote it, directly. You don't get to make claims like that without backing them up with the facts.

Keep seeing you folks make these kinds of accusations, and I never see them sourced. So, back it up.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-06-25 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither "hate speech" or "harassment" are justifiable reasons for physical attacks, intimidation and politically motivated violence.
    Yeah well you go ahead and say that and live by that nonsense, you threaten peoples lives you cause them and theirs to fear and worry about not only their lives but the lives of their friends and relatives and neighbors. Nope

No, I'm trying to advocate that they're both POS.
    Both the actual, real ethno-nationalistic fascists and Antifa are scum that belongs in the trash, because their methods are the same: violence, threats and suppression of adversarial speech.

Unlike you, I don't excuse one evil while pretending to hate the other.
    Yes you do, because you equate over caffeinated kids in black cloths and bike locks to hardened militant neo nazi fascist, who use guns and violence on people not property.

That's the only way I see you, and it's because of this I consider you more of a threat, because historically it has been nonsense like yours that has fed this stupid idea of tolerance for real fascist such as these Far Right Neo Nazi.

And as I said that didn't turn out to well. So go ahead and save your breath on peppering any other information about yourself to justify that.

I am not going to be tolerant of people that do the kinds of shit like make racist, sexist and homophobic statements online as they make judgement about other people while thinking they are going to be afforded some kind of safety from repercussions because of their fucked up ideology and choices.

In this case people being exposed to others for the real piece of shit they are, and the misery they are ok with casting on other people who don't have the luxery to hide from their gender, or race or orientation and shouldn't need to.

It's not funny, it's not cute, and it's not worthy of protection.

Everybody else lives just fine by this, Comedians make offensive jokes, People are still offended by Movies and TV or whatever. The only difference is some people live their lives out in the open, they OWN their shit.

And whether I agree or disagree with that, it's a hell of a lot more respectable.

Mel Gibson doesn't like Jews or whomever, OK Fine, I don't need to go see any of his shitty films, and anyone else who doesn't care is free to go see his films.

But at least he is who he is, and he takes the hits just like everybody else.

So say what you want you are free to do so, nobody is legally going to punish you.

But everybody else does have the right to know who you are, and to decide for themselves if they want anything to do with you based on who you CHOOSE TO BE
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Computer science professor writes Facebook and Twitter bots that store data about extremists. Uses data to dox them.

Do you approve of Prof. Squire's tactics?
    More no than yes.

No because doxxing is against tos.
    Yes because their beliefs are morally and factually wrong, but I think people can be redeemed. Not sure public shaming is the best option.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah well you go ahead and say that and live by that nonsense, you threaten peoples lives you cause them and theirs to fear and worry about not only their lives but the lives of their friends and relatives and neighbors. Nope
    Yet you're fine with Antifa doing exactly that.
    Mmmh... mh.

Yes you do, because you equate over caffeinated kids in black cloths and bike locks to hardened militant neo nazi fascist, who use guns and violence on people not property.
    It's called having principles, look it up.
    Evil is evil, I don't play games excusing one side because it's "less evil" than the other.

And the reason I don't is because I realize that by excusing and allowing that "less evil" rethoric to grow the "less" part of the equation is gonna disappear very fast very soon.
    No, thank you. I'll condemn both, and want both gone. Because violence is violence and that's not excusable.

I don't care whether one side is using a gun while the other is using """"""""""""""""only""""""""""""""" a bikelock.

Because unlike you I realize that the bikelock of today is the gun of tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmh... mh.
    Because I can handle students wearing all black in skinny jeans protesting, even when I disagree with them, or get called a Neo Liberal or anything else

Evil is evil, I don't play games excusing one side because it's "less evil" than the other.
    This is affect nonsense dude, proportionality and priority. A bunch of rowdy kids attentions aside can be a threat because mobs can turn out that way, but if you equate a dude kicking over a newspaper machine to someone with an AR-15 talking about taking their country back and have a real history and tradition of violence and murder.

Yeah, that is going to get priority.

And the reason I don't is because I realize that by excusing and allowing that "less evil" rethoric to grow this "less" part of the equation is gonna disappear very fast very soon.

No, thank you. I'll condemn both, and want both gone. Because violence is violence and that's not excusable.
    No you're being silly because you are virtue signalling, either because you are trying very hard and failing to come off as center, or your really just trying to spin a narrative. Either way the reality is, and the Topic is about exposing people who are far right like I described saying shit online and putting themselves out there.

You're defense has been everything from "Well it could be you next time" to "Whataboutism"

And my answer has been consistent if it's me then I will play by the same rules I am talking about for others, and if what I have ever said online or done gets leaked to others OH WELL!

If it someone I agree with or someone on the left or liberal like the Zookeeper talking about wanting to push some obnoxious Alt-Righter into a body of Alligators, guess what he should be fired too.

This is affect nonsense dude, proportionality and priority. A bunch of rowdy kids attentions aside can be a threat because mobs can turn out that way, but if you equate a dude kicking over a newspaper machine to someone with an AR-15 talking about taking their country back and have a real history and tradition of violence and murder.

Yeah, that is going to get priority.
    Does it?
    I'm more concerned with mainstream support for political violence and intimidation, albeit on a relatively still small scale, than a lone wolf gunman going on a rampage and being taken out by the cops.

Because only one of these has a real chance of making it to legislation.

And my answer has been consistent if it's me then I will play by the same rules I am talking about for others, and if what I have ever said online or done gets leaked to others OH WELL!
    You're not consistent at all. You claim to hate a certain group because of their reprehensible actions but then excuse and justify your own group for following those same actions and mentality.

For the last time, the answer is no. Both are bad, both need be condemned, both need be gone. I don't care about your flimsy excuses.

Also lol at your "virtue signaling". To whom, exactly?
    You don't even know what the term means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

The Patient Lothar from accounting's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more concerned with mainstream support for political violence and intimidation, albeit on a relatively still small scale, than a lone wolf gunman going on a rampage and being taken out by the cops.
    You might have missed it but @Endus asked you for a reference for this support a little while ago. Here you are making the claim again but you haven't bothered to back it up with anything beyond what you "clearly remember" CNN doing.

"You are not entitled to your opinion, you are entitled to your informed opinion. If you are not informed on the subject, then your opinion counts for nothing." - Harland Ellison

15+ Year Old Account
    See what I mean? You can't even start to comprehend how the label "fascist" could be misused and weaponized by the same type of authoritarian tyrants you claim to despise.
    Are they part of my group? Do they agree with me? If yes they're fine, otherwise I'll label them fascists and treat them as monsters.

And you're fine with that regardless of how many innocents go under the bus in the process.

"It's their fault for not having denounced X hard enough". This is you. And it's abhorrent.
    You are very creative, you're reinventing the meaning of words while you post. Everything to fuel the fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it?

Because only one of these has a real chance of making it to legislation.
    Isn't true by the sheer fact you keep bringing up Antifa as a serious threat in the same breath and far right extremist like Neo Nazis

You're not consistent at all. You claim to hate a certain group because of their reprehensible actions but then excuse and justify your own group for following those same actions and mentality.
    You mean I have a bias? Well yes because I am a PoC and I have been actually targeted by these fascist hate groups you seem to think I need to be tolerant of.

For the last time, the answer is no. Both are bad, both need be condemned, both need be gone. I don't care about your flimsy excuses.
    They aren't at all, and this is never going to sell this is you virtue signalling as I said, or sincerely confused.

Also lol at your "virtue signaling". To whom, exactly?
    To yourself? To anyone you see reading this conversation and trying to appease with this nonsense of both sides BS?

You don't even know what the term means.
    Sure it refers to you trying to put your ideas on your sleeve and wear them as who you are rather than being defined by your actions. You talking about fair, or deploring all violence, but instead of recognizing an actual threat you keep referring to your made up one.

Your arguments are steeped in nonsense, there is no doubt as I said kids in college protesting wearing all black as to show uniformity, can be dangerous in mobs, hell they don't even have to be dressed in all black or together for political reasons. They could simply be rooting for their favorite sports team.

Flipping cars, destroying property intimidating the visiting team etc etc, all of those things are insured, THINGS, and as long as someone isn't being harmed or killed, the stupid kids can deal with the consequences in terms of paying for the damage getting expelled, etc.

YOU seem to be defending these far right extremist, who bring weapons, like swords, and shields, along with guns, and cars. They unite together with militant fucking criminals and prison Neo Nazi type groups to provoke and physically attack KIDS!

Yes you are right I am perfectly fine with where I stand, and I am fine with where you stand, which is in my opinion in defense of the people I just described.

The world is made much better by exposing these people also in my opinion, and based on all this you aren't going to change my mind.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-06-25 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second time you've made that claim, and you still haven't backed it up with even a shred of evidence.

Why should we think you aren't just making this shit up? Identify your source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Second time you've made that claim, and you still haven't backed it up with even a shred of evidence.

Why should we think you aren't just making this shit up? Identify your source.
    Did Donald Trump Encourage Violence at His Rallies?
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...ment-violence/

That’s just for 2015-2016... I have more of Trump promoting violence since then.

- - - Updated - - -

I linked Trump doing it, which resulted in the lone gunmen you are not as concerned about, the unite the rite rally, MAGA bomber and general political discourse. In fact, I can name at least 2 right wingers that got banned for death threats on this forum alone.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Mmmh... mh.

And the reason I don't is because I realize that by excusing and allowing that "less evil" rethoric to grow the "less" part of the equation is gonna disappear very fast very soon.

I don't care whether one side is using a gun while the other is using """"""""""""""""only""""""""""""""" a bikelock.

Because unlike you I realize that the bikelock of today is the gun of tomorrow.
    Show us those purported principles of yours and provide some evidence of your bullshit.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Show us those purported principles of yours and provide some evidence of your bullshit.
    Really? The guy who you quoted saying that it doesn’t mater if it’s a bike lock or gun, because a bike lock today is a gun of tomorrow? Where is he supposed to start... showing how the right to bare arms, was originally the right to bare sticks? lol
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Did Donald Trump Encourage Violence at His Rallies?
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...ment-violence/

That’s just for 2015-2016... I have more of Trump promoting violence since then.

- - - Updated - - -

I linked Trump doing it, which resulted in the lone gunmen you are not as concerned about, the unite the rite rally, MAGA bomber and general political discourse. In fact, I can name at least 2 right wingers that got banned for death threats on this forum alone.
    You seem to be forgetting all the fights that broke out during Ted Cruz rallies especially after Hillary ridiculed his wife and accused him of being the Zodiac Killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're not going to get that evidence.

Yes, I do if you are a white supremacist you should be exposed and doxxed, own your shit.
    Either you can Dox everyone or no one.

I don't buy the "it's only public information" justification. Let's say that some religious nutcase writes a bot that collects posts from LGBT people on various forums and forward them to their parents/relatives/employers. Would that also be fine?

And what is the next step? With machine learning advancing rapidly it will probably soon be relatively easy to write bots that can gather damaging information more actively.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenfury View Post
    I don't buy the "it's only public information" justification. Let's say that some religious nutcase writes a bot that collects posts from LGBT people on various forums and forward them to their parents/relatives/employers. Would that also be fine?
    No for a very obvious reason you should understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenfury View Post

And what is the next step? With machine learning advancing rapidly it will probably soon be relatively easy to write bots that can gather damaging information more actively.
    Yes, people should be fine with that, let them tell their parents. Shit, my mother paid my friends to spy on me, and tell her what I was up to.

I love that you are trying to equate white supremacists to LGBT people... it shows exactly where you are at in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    At this point, you're just complaining that people have freedom of speech and freedom of association, and calling for some pretty serious restrictions on those freedoms.

Just to protect racists from being treated as racists.
    I would be careful with your wording.

A fascist is a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government — and no tolerance for opposing opinions
    How ironic that a group that calls themselves anti-fascists are promoting fascism. I keep reading these sort of things and hope it is purely for entertainment purposes. Though even as a joke it's a little crude.

What I gather from people supporting this:
    Ruining someones life is non-violent. (I suppose if someone burned down your house but you were away from home that would also be non-violent)
    One idea a person has on anything decides exactly who that person is in their entire life. (but only if you view it as negative!)
    Calling for hatred/violence against people is fine. (funnily enough this is the one part of free speech that isn't fine.)
    Anyone who doesn't agree that this is a good thing is immediately far-right. (There is no such thing as independent parties or moderates)
    “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”
    ― Lao Tzu