Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fifteen out of Twenty threads on page one are clickbait question headlines.

I have a clickbait headline for you:

What the fuck happened to MMO-champion? When did it become a clickfarm and flamebait factory? Why are the mods so slow to prune incendiary threads and leftist propaganda/Nazi namecalling.

I think the worst are these creepy threads that ask vague personal questions but are secretly compiling data to sell and use against you.

How many legitimate users are actually left on this subsection of the forum. It seems like bots and puppet accounts outnumber actual users 10/1.

What a shitshow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post

What the fuck happened to MMO-champion? When did it become a clickfarm and flamebait factory? Why are the mods so slow to prune incendiary threads and leftist propaganda/Nazi namecalling.

I think the worst are these creepy threads that ask vague personal questions but are secretly compiling data to sell and use against you.

How many legitimate users are actually left on this subsection of the forum. It seems like bots and puppet accounts outnumber actual users 10/1.

What a shitshow.
    is that all you do is whine on this forum? literally EVERYONE of your posts is you sitting there whining. funny you talking about violating rules when your doing so right now discussing moderation....enjoy the infraction.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Well the mods let the Alt Right run this fucking forum, so what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    He says leftist propaganda and you say alt-right. Perception is a magical thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    He says leftist propaganda and you say alt-right. Perception is a magical thing.
    I am ambidextrous, both suck.

Hubcap. And his alter-ego Mormolyce :O (Sorry dude but you're just as bad)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account

What a shitshow.
    Sometimes people do click bait titles on their own, like you just did? Other times, they copy the title from where they got their content.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are the mods so slow to prune incendiary threads and leftist propaganda/Nazi namecalling.
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    And herein lies one of the biggest problems

People spewing their political stances + ideological points of view incessantly and non - stop , on a VIDEO GAMING FORUM

Each side doesn 't believe they are wrong - ok , fine , that 's how it is with opinions. But this forum has shown time and time again that people who come to his here video game discussions forum who are inclined to selfishly discuss politics and stuff can 't cut the mustard
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2019-06-25 at 04:46 PM.

It's been like that since I started posting here. More gender bait posts and then those were banned, now it's politics. My advice is to not reply to individuals who are trying to bait a response (and I know that is difficult sometimes).

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It's been like that since I started posting here. More gender bait posts and then those were banned, now it's politics. My advice is to not reply to individuals who are trying to bait a response (and I know that is difficult sometimes).

Yes, I think this is true.

I get the feeling they wanted me to move to polictics forum so I did.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally dodge political threads. They're too "toxic", in my opinion, and filled with people unwilling to debate.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously no “and number 14 will surprise you” joke?
    If you don’t like it than toss the posters on your ignore list and move on with your life.

I hope you realize you can hover over the thread to see what the content inside is like?

This forum was filled with more political topics but then mods started moving them to the politics forum, and people have stopped showing interest in making threads that are more than gun-n-run questions.

If you're going to describe it like that, than how do you know they're not all clickbait, and the ones that seem like they're not are just more subtle about it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Just ignore the political circle jerks as best you can; stay the hell out of the politics subforum (because that shit is nothing short of cancer) and screen it here. Throw what punches can't be left unthrown, know when to stand up and sit down, know who you disagree with in good faith and who's just stirring shit...and out of those, try to remember that feeding those usual suspects is an exercise in stupidity.

Once you trim away the bullshit, you're left with a pretty alright forum. No, you're not going to agree with everyone, because that's boring, but at least you can get away from the toxic.

But seriously. Avoid /politics.

Just do what I do and put the worst offenders, those that post 5 threads a day, on your ignore list. The front page is pretty clean for me.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Its not any different than mainstream media.
    Sure, if you follow Fox "News", perhaps. I really don't run into this problem with Reuters, BBC or NPR. Like, at all.

Then again, I'm sure you got the idea that 'Main Stream Media' is some far-left bastion from your favorite moronic Youtuber. This is why you watch real news to gain information about the world, not fucking Youtube.

There are proper discussion forums. There is no format, no appropriate moderation and the rules are silly and very loosely stipulated.

This forum is basically entertainment. Do you expect a political thread at an entertainment forum to be a place for discussion? I do not

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    There are proper discussion forums. There is no format, no appropriate moderation and the rules are silly and very loosely stipulated.

This forum is basically entertainment. Do you expect a political thread at an entertainment forum to be a place for discussion? I do not
    This.

And some seem to forget, nothing is forcing you to read a post. And use the ignore feature. If it is used correctly, it works pretty well in weeding out the posts and threads you do not want to see.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Circlejerking political threads that dont get pruned quick enough because of the mouth breathing mods and janitors. Watch out tho, you just hurt their fee fee's It's basically /r/politics but with more manchildren and worse mods

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalarian Paladin View Post
    I literally dodge political threads. They're too "toxic", in my opinion, and filled with people unwilling to debate.
    political threads are great, basically according to mmo-c 100% of the userbase is a left/right wing extremist and a nazi simple, so much debate to be had there /s