Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    Dont play this game with the wow mentality in mind.
    i'm playing it with the skyrim mentality in mind, actually.

i want a skyrim mage, but they went with some weird sorcerer instead sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm playing it with the skyrim mentality in mind, actually.

i want a skyrim mage, but they went with some weird sorcerer instead sadly.
    Ironically ESO Combat is 3 Kalpas better than Skyrim's combat, and more on par with Morrowind and Oblivion.

Ironically ESO Combat is 3 Kalpas better than Skyrim's combat, and more on par with Morrowind and Oblivion.
    the problem is the limitation though. limited sets of abilities are boring.

skyrim had a lot of spells, but was still too limited for me. oblivion had spell crafting, which provides nearly limitless possibilities. ESO was going to have spell crafting, but it got backburnered and probably shitcanned by now.

i'm not talking about the combat though. i'm just talking about spells being used. some weird dark crystal shit? what even is that? just let me cast fireball, incinerate, and flame atronach.

the problem is the limitation though. limited sets of abilities are boring.

skyrim had a lot of spells, but was still too limited for me. oblivion had spell crafting, which provides nearly limitless possibilities. ESO was going to have spell crafting, but it got backburnered and probably shitcanned by now.

i'm not talking about the combat though. i'm just talking about spells being used. some weird dark crystal shit? what even is that? just let me cast fireball, incinerate, and flame atronach.
    they will probably feature in the future, Elsweyr isn't a good place to introduce spellcasting.

man, the limited character deletions is getting annoying. what is even the point of it?

i just wanna try some character concepts, but i'm constantly out of deletions. ate up all of them last night, cause it's basically impossible to make an imperial female that doesn't look mannish as hell.
    umm. UMMM

are you sure you gave it your best shot?

that's my own imperial, but even in game - there are plenty that look quite good. unless your interpretation of mannish is ... different

that said, I doubt spellcrafting is ever going to happen. they are having trouble balancing combat between classes and specs as it is.

edited... having read your later posts.... its definitely a matter of... taste. and preference
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-06-26 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    umm. UMMM

are you sure you gave it your best shot?

that's my own imperial, but even in game - there are plenty that look quite good. unless your interpretation of mannish is ... different

that said, I doubt spellcrafting is ever going to happen. they are having trouble balancing combat between classes and specs as it is.

edited... having read your later posts.... its definitely a matter of... taste. and preference
    that's about as feminine as they get, and she still looks like this guy my mom used to know. i think the main problem with them, is that the sliders don't allow for dramatic enough change for imperials. the sliders don't do a whole lot for other races either, but it's especially weak for imperials. their eyes set too close together, and even maxed it's still not quite enough to not look like that horrifically badly done 3d rendering of what julius caesar looked like.

kinda convinced that either todd howard or someone at zenimax hates us italian people, since you couldn't make imperials pretty in skyrim, either.

guess i'm just stuck with elves for now.

- - - Updated - - -

they will probably feature in the future, Elsweyr isn't a good place to introduce spellcasting.
    i hope it eventually happens, cause that was some good shit they talked about.

maybe with the increased success of the game recently, they'll see it as monetarily viable.

that's about as feminine as they get, and she still looks like this guy my mom used to know. i think the main problem with them, is that the sliders don't allow for dramatic enough change for imperials. the sliders don't do a whole lot for other races either, but it's especially weak for imperials. their eyes set too close together, and even maxed it's still not quite enough to not look like that horrifically badly done 3d rendering of what julius caesar looked like.

kinda convinced that either todd howard or someone at zenimax hates us italian people, since you couldn't make imperials pretty in skyrim, either.

guess i'm just stuck with elves for now.

- - - Updated - - -

i hope it eventually happens, cause that was some good shit they talked about.

maybe with the increased success of the game recently, they'll see it as monetarily viable.
    every single race is far FAR prettier in ESO than they were in Skyrim. that said... we definitely have VERy different views on what looks masculine and what looks pretty. becasue I don't see where you are coming from at ALL. the closest to hints of masculine you can is if you go full on heroic slider.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to play ESO if there would be a head size slider. The females have such huge bobbleheads that turn me off.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

every single race is far FAR prettier in ESO than they were in Skyrim. that said... we definitely have VERy different views on what looks masculine and what looks pretty. becasue I don't see where you are coming from at ALL. the closest to hints of masculine you can is if you go full on heroic slider.
    for one, that very hard, long jawline. they need a jaw height slider. women can have sharp jawlines, i do myself irl, but when it's like 3 inches below their mouth, that gets into masculine territory.

the overall feeling of thickness to the face as well. either feels like a very old woman, or a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    I would love to play ESO if there would be a head size slider. The females have such huge bobbleheads that turn me off.
    i have only encountered this problem with bosmer. fem bosmer's head is way too big for her tiny tiny body. but everyone else seems fine, except for the lack of jaw customization.

for one, that very hard, long jawline. they need a jaw height slider. women can have sharp jawlines, i do myself irl, but when it's like 3 inches below their mouth, that gets into masculine territory.

the overall feeling of thickness to the face as well. either feels like a very old woman, or a man.

i have only encountered this problem with bosmer. fem bosmer's head is way too big for her tiny tiny body. but everyone else seems fine, except for the lack of jaw customization.
    there is a jaw slider. and what amuses me is that you talk about sticking to elves cause they are more feminine.. when they have the longest jaws of all the available races O_O

not sure what you mean about thickness either - younger faces are rounder typically

there is a jaw slider. and what amuses me is that you talk about sticking to elves cause they are more feminine.. when they have the longest jaws of all the available races O_O

not sure what you mean about thickness either - younger faces are rounder typically
    they have a jaw width slider, but not a height slider.

i like elves because they're pretty(although, lorewise, i only like the dunmer of all the elves since they embrace reality, according to lorkhan's plan). longer face doesn't always mean masculine, it's about the placement of eyes, nose and mouth. besides, elves are supposed to look more alien than humans in elder scrolls, which is why i liked their skyrim version best.

but yeah though, i do hope that going forward they start to take classes into account in dialogue. being a sorc/necro, i should be able to comprehend and talk about magical things that people are talking to me about. i hate having to act like a non-mage brainlet when talking about magical stuff. skyrim did it, too, general questions and letting other people do the talking, it's so bad.

there was one point of that in elsweyr, being able to confirm something is necromancy for that khajiit mage outside of that delve. that fills me with a hard to describe feeling. being able to show off my affinity for the subject. idk what you'd call the good feeling i get from that, but it feels great.

My BG performance is all over the place. Sometimes I get into a match where I swear not a single enemy player has heard of impen gear and I can go on a massive skillless killing spree. Other times it seems like the enemy is built like a glass cannon tank, and can't do crap to them.

Kind of feel bad for killing people so easily. Seeing as I pretty much just started PVP, it doesn't feel like my performance should be that amazing.

they have a jaw width slider, but not a height slider.

i like elves because they're pretty(although, lorewise, i only like the dunmer of all the elves since they embrace reality, according to lorkhan's plan). longer face doesn't always mean masculine, it's about the placement of eyes, nose and mouth. besides, elves are supposed to look more alien than humans in elder scrolls, which is why i liked their skyrim version best.

but yeah though, i do hope that going forward they start to take classes into account in dialogue. being a sorc/necro, i should be able to comprehend and talk about magical things that people are talking to me about. i hate having to act like a non-mage brainlet when talking about magical stuff. skyrim did it, too, general questions and letting other people do the talking, it's so bad.

there was one point of that in elsweyr, being able to confirm something is necromancy for that khajiit mage outside of that delve. that fills me with a hard to describe feeling. being able to show off my affinity for the subject. idk what you'd call the good feeling i get from that, but it feels great.
    there IS a height slider. its called chin height but it still amazes me that you feel like Elves are the prettiest and your problem is with long chins... when Elves have the longest largest chins of all races :/

in any case - that necromancy conversation was great, when i did it on my necro and my conversation option changed - that was fabulous.
    @Very Tired

there is a chance you were running into people who are only going into battlegrounds to unlock enough of the pvp skill lines to get their requisite pve required abilities (caltrops for stam, purge for well.. everyone really, warhorn for healers and tanks) so they are going to be squishy and not very good at all.

there IS a height slider. its called chin height but it still amazes me that you feel like Elves are the prettiest and your problem is with long chins... when Elves have the longest largest chins of all races :/

in any case - that necromancy conversation was great, when i did it on my necro and my conversation option changed - that was fabulous.
    @Very Tired

there is a chance you were running into people who are only going into battlegrounds to unlock enough of the pvp skill lines to get their requisite pve required abilities (caltrops for stam, purge for well.. everyone really, warhorn for healers and tanks) so they are going to be squishy and not very good at all.
    Even Skyrim Elves has long chins, and Oblivion Mods kinda gave it back like OCO

Even Skyrim Elves has long chins, and Oblivion Mods kinda gave it back like OCO
    I know. I don't have a problem with that I'm just pointing out that its just odd to complain about too long chins making characters looking masculine... while simultaneously chosing to play races with longer chins and thinking they are prettier. its contradictory.

that said... new promo for a mount.... /proceeds to fail the same story level over... and over... and over. sigh.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/56527

man, i thought the cliffs of failure was some kind of trial or something when i leveled through coldharbour on my sorc.

and these assholes knew exactly the choice i'd make, and made me regret making it.

oh ho ho ho, nvm, it seems my curiosity about the fighter's guild storyline paid off in the end. this pleases me greatly.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2019-06-30 at 08:31 AM.

well, i just got done with the clockwork city, and it made me feel differently on something.

i always wondered why sotha didn't CHIM, since he arguably understands more about the metaphysics of the world than vivec ever seemed to. i always thought he could. but seeing his "curse" of certainty, i feel like maybe he'd zero sum if he would have tried. though, zero summing is caused by the conflicted mind, right? the mind being unable to reconcile being existent and non-existent at the same time. sotha isn't conflicted, if he faced CHIM, and his certainty lead him to remain sure that he is now, and always was meant to be false, then that should make him just understand the truth without zero summing or achieving CHIM.

very interesting to think about though. i love the way he describes vivec and almalexia though, they're all such well written characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know. I don't have a problem with that I'm just pointing out that its just odd to complain about too long chins making characters looking masculine... while simultaneously chosing to play races with longer chins and thinking they are prettier. its contradictory.

that said... new promo for a mount.... /proceeds to fail the same story level over... and over... and over. sigh.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/56527
    Doesn't everyone have that mount by now? It's the same mount they giveaway for almost everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Doesn't everyone have that mount by now? It's the same mount they giveaway for almost everything.
    not everyone :P they did give it away a few times, its just in this instance, i personaly didn't actualy have to buy anything extra to get it :P just play the game I'm breathtakingly terrible at

meanwhile.... pts patchnotes are out early to squash the leaks. and they are... a doozie. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...h-notes-v5-1-0

/still slightly shell-shocked

So I guess battlegrounds actually have an MMR system in place, so I guess my streak of fun stomping BGs is at an end.