Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Nazjatar and night elfs (also nightborne).

Is it just me,or whole Nazjatar questline is designed as “final shot” to the heart of the night elven community/fanbase?
    Before you start throwing things at me, care to listen.
    So in Nazjatar Alliance story mostly presented by Jaina and her arcane adventures with Main Hero and Genn, while Horde has roughly similar stuff but with Thalyssra and Lor’Themar. Shandris has very little role aside from that quest about ghost of a boy who was apparently her brother. So when we “explore at large” its Jaina of all people who acts as our “guide” through the zone and not one of its actual inhabitants for the fucks sake. Then wehave that distinct feeling that after being genocided in pre-BfA event (aka Burning) and turned into a punching bags entirely night elfs get... nothing in new content.
    1) “Tyrande got her revenge” - and then we have Alliance and Horde teaming up AGAIN in Nazjatar. Night Warrior (what a dumb name anyway) line is all but over and “best” we can hope for is that Blizz will not turn her “evil” for wanting revenge and dumpster her into a raid.
    2) Nightborne presented largely as “better” or “true” night elfs or elfs in general with deep connection to Nazjatar and basically hogging the lore of the elfs (blood elfs are also present through Lor’Themar.)
    3) Hijacked by Jaina - all important part of Nazjatar story are centered around “Daughter of the Sea” and her magic VS naga magic. Nuff said.

Now right after one “purple elf race” turned into arguably most screwed up part of the Alliance, whipping boys for the Horde and absolute doormats we presented with a “brand new” Allied Race that is “night elfs but better” on the Horde.

So... is it just me or might that be a possiblity that Blizzard are trying to shove Nelfs completely under the bus by subsequent humiliation and homogenization while at the same time propping a replacement for them? Not that they will delete the race, but they expect it to become underpopulated heavily.
    Last edited by VladlTutushkin; 2019-06-26 at 08:59 AM.

Did you seriously expect that Afrasiabi and that blonde wig attached to his dick would pass an opportunity to make Jaina the center of attention again?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Did you seriously expect that Afrasiabi and that blonde wig attached to his dick would pass an opportunity to make Jaina the center of attention again?
    Of course i didnt but... who is the wig?

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Of course i didnt but... who is the wig?
    The one that selfinserted herself as Jaina and thus has to hog the spotlight as the best mage ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    The one that selfinserted herself as Jaina and thus has to hog the spotlight as the best mage ever.
    To be fair Khadgar is still the best mage ever. And Afrasiabi didn't include his pet Turalyon in Nazjatar story, although I would love to see someone else besides Jaina and Genn again.

The Nazjatar story is lacking in a lot of areas. They left out the part of the illidaris connection to the naga to. I know Illidian allied with the naga before, but of course Danuser and the others had to write Illdian out of wow. By having him go off with the Titans instead of staying back on azeroth. I've noticed how Danuser and Alex like to do this. Preventing key characters from being a part of story that should be there. Tyrande is a prime example, having elunes wraith there. How would Azshara have reacted seeing Tyrande with that power? If anything I would imagine having Elunes power would rival that of Azshara. But then you get to the part were Danuser and Alex step in to waterthings down. The game itself can't have any worth while story/lore anymore. Because the current ones in charge don't know how to tell it right. I'm still hoping for Activision to get rid of Alex and Danuser, replacing them with someone more suitable. Got so bored in Nazjatar today.

So... is it just me or might that be a possiblity that Blizzard are trying to shove Nelfs completely under the bus by subsequent humiliation and homogenization while at the same time propping a replacement for them? Not that they will delete the race, but they expect it to become underpopulated heavily.
    I think Blizzard are just showing you what happens when a human fully awakens their potential and becomes the perfect being. The perfect being holds in it the abilities of all other beings but is better at it than them, hence why Jaina, who's potential is over all limits, knows more about magic than Azshara and more about being a night elf and their history than Shandris.

This was foreshadowed earlier when Anduin, another perfect being, showed his sublime grasp of orcish honor where Saurfang, an orc, was waivering and how much more he knew and understood the Forsaken than the Forsaken leader. Nothing is beyond the reach of fully realized human potential.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I know it sucks but for me Shandris being here in the first place is even worst : Every Night Elf available, especially a commander should be fighting to save their homeland.
    However the Nightbornes and Blood Elves "stealing" the Night Elf lore is indeed another low blow to the Night Elves story in general. Furthermore they showed absolutely no remorse in genociding their cousins but suddenly their past matters and they feel like they are Night Elves again.

Nazjatar does feel quite hallow, I was amazed. Mechagon on the other hand, has just the perfect amount of things you need to know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    I know it sucks but for me Shandris being here in the first place is even worst : Every Night Elf available, especially a commander should be fighting to save their homeland.
    However the Nightbornes and Blood Elves "stealing" the Night Elf lore is indeed another low blow to the Night Elves story in general. Furthermore they showed absolutely no remorse in genociding their cousins but suddenly their past matters and they feel like they are Night Elves again.
    I was wondering how the nightborne would react to joining the horde AS THEY GEAR UP TO WAGE WAR ON THEIR COUSINS. And they just gloss over it, entirely? Why am I even as little surprised as I am?

So true. I mean Tyrande could have got there since Magni pops out literally from the ground there to drag you on another “exciting” woons quest. While Nightborne stealing the lore and hogging the “elven heritage” is kinda irritating, a LOT actually. Especially after Teldrassil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I was wondering how the nightborne would react to joining the horde AS THEY GEAR UP TO WAGE WAR ON THEIR COUSINS. And they just gloss over it, entirely? Why am I even as little surprised as I am?
    Sometimes you wanna sever some family ties. With a butcher knife. Especially if its with forest dwelling, moonshine brewing rednecks.

Is it just me,or whole Nazjatar questline is designed as “final shot” to the heart of the night elven community/fanbase?
    Before you start throwing things at me, care to listen.
    So in Nazjatar Alliance story mostly presented by Jaina and her arcane adventures with Main Hero and Genn, while Horde has roughly similar stuff but with Thalyssra and Lor’Themar. Shandris has very little role aside from that quest about ghost of a boy who was apparently her brother. So when we “explore at large” its Jaina of all people who acts as our “guide” through the zone and not one of its actual inhabitants for the fucks sake. Then wehave that distinct feeling that after being genocided in pre-BfA event (aka Burning) and turned into a punching bags entirely night elfs get... nothing in new content.
    1) “Tyrande got her revenge” - and then we have Alliance and Horde teaming up AGAIN in Nazjatar. Night Warrior (what a dumb name anyway) line is all but over and “best” we can hope for is that Blizz will not turn her “evil” for wanting revenge and dumpster her into a raid.
    2) Nightborne presented largely as “better” or “true” night elfs or elfs in general with deep connection to Nazjatar and basically hogging the lore of the elfs (blood elfs are also present through Lor’Themar.)
    3) Hijacked by Jaina - all important part of Nazjatar story are centered around “Daughter of the Sea” and her magic VS naga magic. Nuff said.

Now right after one “purple elf race” turned into arguably most screwed up part of the Alliance, whipping boys for the Horde and absolute doormats we presented with a “brand new” Allied Race that is “night elfs but better” on the Horde.

I agree with you. The fact,that we fight against Azshara and nor Malfurion nor Tyrande is present - that's just awful. If somebody has a score to settle with Azshara,then those are definetely them,Farondis and probably Thalyssra. Other than them - dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Sometimes you wanna sever some family ties. With a butcher knife. Especially if its with forest dwelling, moonshine brewing rednecks.
    It's anotherthing illogical thing with the Nightbornes : Since Suramar was a Night Elf city that was abruptly cut from the rest of the world, you would think the Nightbornes and Nightelves would immedialty reunite, looking for what happened to their families on the other side, etc : Just like what Shandris did in Zin-Azshari where she looked for her brother.
    But nope, apparently Tyrande lacking diplomatic skills made them hate the Night Elves at a point where they happily genocided them.

It's anotherthing illogical thing with the Nightbornes : Since Suramar was a Night Elf city that was abruptly cut from the rest of the world, you would think the Nightbornes and Nightelves would immedialty reunite, looking for what happened to their families on the other side, etc : Just like what Shandris did in Zin-Azshari where she looked for her brother.
    But nope, apparently Tyrande lacking diplomatic skills made them hate the Night Elves at a point where they happily genocided them.
    And in some cases that wouldnt even be a “cousin” thing. They might be killing their brothers, fathers, children and other close relatives since both Suramar and Night elfs are long lived enough to be exact same bunch that was alive back then.

The Nightborne and the current night elves are totally different social classes. The Nightborne were all previously Highborne who saw the night elves as a bunch of plebs, so it's highly unlikely that they'd have any relatives among night elves. They have no motive to reunite - the Nightborne purposefully detached themselves from the rebellion and their separation with Azshara was over her being a Legion puppet, not out of consideration for the night elf class divide.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Why would you want to reunite with filthy peasants ? Especially since they got even filthier - their buildings don't even have walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Why would you want to reunite with filthy peasants ? Especially since they got even filthier - their buildings don't even have walls.
    You kinda funny.
    But actually you arent.

You kinda funny.
    But actually you arent.
    Well, he isn't wrong.

Many Nightborne don't really see Nelves in a good light, they even openly mock them for not using magic and relying on stuff like bows and sticks, and their overall ignorance. Nelves don't like Nightborne either, they're seen as arrogant snobs.

So yeah, Nelves are peasants/plebs/rednecks from Nightborne's PoV.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-06-26 at 12:27 PM.

Since Suramar was a Night Elf city that was abruptly cut from the rest of the world, you would think the Nightbornes and Nightelves would immedialty reunite, looking for what happened to their families on the other side, etc
    But they Nightbourne did. They sought out both the Night Elves and the High Elves since all three were the same people. Lor'themar and Liadrin welcomed them... Tyrande not so much.

It's not a lack of diplomacy... it's the fact that Tyrande is still chewing her liver over what Azshara did 10,000 years ago. Look at the dialog. The Nightbourne were not like the High Elves that separated from the Night Elves and left to establish Quel'thalas and eventually became addicted to the Sunwell as a result of playing with it. The Nightbourne became dependent on the Nightwell after they were cut off in the midst of the Well of Eternity's implosion. Their addiction was not the result of recklessness.

But the thing is the Nightbourne were still Highbourne. Tyrande could not see past that little fact. In her mind, 10,000 years had not passed at all and these were the same people that were in Suramar before the destruction of the Well. Keep in mind as well that Thalyssra had just ordered the Nightwell be allowed to dissipate after removing the Eye of Aman'thul destabilized it. So of the three major fonts of power, only one still remains being the Sun Well. So how could Thalyssra "become the next Elysande... the next Azshara"? They couldn't, not without the High Elves of Quel'thalas.

Even Elysande is more sympathetic since the only reason she even made the deal with Gul'dan and the Legion to begin with was because she could only see that timeline as the one where her people survived. If she had refused, Gul'dan would have simply just taken the Nightwell and the Nightbourn would have withered before the Arcan'dor would have been able to restore them. And in the end she sided with us after she found her scrying did not show her that we would defeat the Legion.