Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well they had the entire expansion to do that slowly gradually since they forgot to do that in the time since WarCraft III.
    You do know that the timeline in the game does not match the Real World one, right? We didn't get a break from liberating Suramar to besieging the Tomb of Sargeras and then taking the fight to Argus. Those events happened one right after another as far as the game is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    But they Nightbourne did
    But the thing is the Nightbourne were still Highbourne.
    Obviously they didn't since they genocided the Night Elves. You don't go meet your family that you lost 10000 years ago then genocide it, including children the day after.
    Oh and the nightbornes aren't highbornes. Highbornes are Night Elf nobility. Suramar wasn't a city with only Highbornes allowed. Especially since Tyrande came from here.

3+ Year Old Account
    You do know that the timeline in the game does not match the Real World one, right? We didn't get a break from liberating Suramar to besieging the Tomb of Sargeras and then taking the fight to Argus. Those events happened one right after another as far as the game is concerned.
    And whose choice is that again?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    And whose choice is that again?
    Good writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Obviously they didn't since they genocided the Night Elves. You don't go meet your family that you lost 10000 years ago then genocide it, including children the day after.
    Oh and the nightbornes aren't highbornes. Highbornes are Night Elf nobility. Suramar wasn't a city with only Highbornes allowed. Especially since Tyrande came from here.
    And was it the peasant-class Night Elf descendants in charge? No, it was the Highbourne ones...

3+ Year Old Account
    Good writing.

So good writing is when you don't leave time for character development cause everything happens in a matter of days?

Clearly we have different ideas regarding character development.

Good writing.

- - - Updated - - -

And was it the peasant-class Night Elf descendants in charge? No, it was the Highbourne ones...
    Indeed, but it still doesn't justify Tyrande acting so stupid especially when we are talking about the place where she was borned.

If you haven't gathered it by now, there is a clear lack of shits given for night elves in WoW. There always has been, and there still is.

I don't normally buy into the whole "developers have a personal bias towards/against x class/race" arguments but my god, they have taken every opportunity in the history of WoW to completely shit all over night elves. Constantly losing battles, hideous new models, some of the worst customization available (why do male night elves have no eyebrows when shaven???) really horrible and half-assed writing for night elf characters, the almost constant and excessive display of them facing horrible loss after loss against the Horde in Ashenvale in Cataclysm and then even worse in BfA, the destruction of basically every zone that could ever be considered related to night elves at all, and last but not least the travesty known as Malfurion and Tyrande in recent lore.

The race is gutted at this point. There is an obvious level of contempt from Blizzard towards this one particular race and I feel like I can confidently say that even as someone who doesn't even particularly like night elves myself. I genuinely feel bad for people who love them because WoW has never portrayed them as anything more than a bunch of forest woobies.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Legion
    Thalyssra: The nightborne will rejoin the world, not as conquerors!

BFA
    Lich Queen: Wanna go burn your kin to death and do some conquest and shopping?
    Thalyssra: You know it, girlfriend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    You really want to argue about that? Their whole way of telling the story is “this isnt the story i wanted to tell”. Aka Vindicaar plothole and such. Same with Highborne who managed to enslave a demon and fed from it for 10000 years without getting Fel corrupted or addicted. But they dont want to explore or show more of them so Nightborne it is. Horde. Bias. Is. Real. And if you dont like it - its not my fault.
    Yes yes, horde bias is very real. Also war in vietnam was all massive hoax to cover for war against moon-people in 1969.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Undead were involved at the very beginning, but now... When it comes to the main storyline you're still following Honourfang's Saurfang's orders, and the story itself revolves around Orcs w/ the help of Humans revolting against Sylvanas, who isn't doing anything besides telling us to play along w/ Saurfang & Co. again and again.

The only thing Forsaken do is hanging out on their ship in Zandalar, or shouting at you during WQs.
    Just like Jaina has kinda just been sitting at the hub with the new faction while a majority of the quests come from them instead so far? Hell I'd go as far as saying Ive done more with Genn and Shandris in the new area.

Jaina sent you down a waterfall and then opened a portal.

Good writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Weren't most of those high on the social ladder on Elisande's side and didn't we slaughter most of them? IIRC Talyssra was painted as the voice of the people aiming to protect them from a corrupt elite.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    Weren't most of those high on the social ladder on Elisande's side and didn't we slaughter most of them? IIRC Talyssra was painted as the voice of the people aiming to protect them from a corrupt elite.
    You're thinking pre-Horde Thalyssra, before her swearing in and lobotomy ceremonies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Legion
    Thalyssra: The nightborne will rejoin the world, not as conquerors!

BFA
    Lich Queen: Wanna go burn your kin to death and do some conquest and shopping?
    Thalyssra: You know it, girlfriend!
    This is so accurate! So glad I can exit this horrible story and writing when Classic comes out and return to my bubble.

Also don't bother with Arrashi guys, all he does is post random things that he thinks is clever just to keep his post count up and try and get attention. Nothing to see here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    If you haven't gathered it by now, there is a clear lack of shits given for night elves in WoW. There always has been, and there still is.

I don't normally buy into the whole "developers have a personal bias towards/against x class/race" arguments but my god, they have taken every opportunity in the history of WoW to completely shit all over night elves. Constantly losing battles, hideous new models, some of the worst customization available (why do male night elves have no eyebrows when shaven???) really horrible and half-assed writing for night elf characters, the almost constant and excessive display of them facing horrible loss after loss against the Horde in Ashenvale in Cataclysm and then even worse in BfA, the destruction of basically every zone that could ever be considered related to night elves at all, and last but not least the travesty known as Malfurion and Tyrande in recent lore.

The race is gutted at this point. There is an obvious level of contempt from Blizzard towards this one particular race and I feel like I can confidently say that even as someone who doesn't even particularly like night elves myself. I genuinely feel bad for people who love them because WoW has never portrayed them as anything more than a bunch of forest woobies.
    Absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yes yes, horde bias is very real. Also war in vietnam was all massive hoax to cover for war against moon-people in 1969.
    Your sarcasm is not helping you. Throwing feces at opponent when you ran out of arguments is not a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your sarcasm is not helping you. Throwing feces at opponent when you ran out of arguments is not a good idea.
    I dunno, if you gonna go with conspiracy theories, you may as well go with funny ones.

Welcome to the problem with Alliance writing since MoP. Humans fucking everywhere at the expense of every other race.

I dunno, if you gonna go with conspiracy theories, you may as well go with funny ones.
    You know, more i talk with you more i lean towards that idea that you are just some idiot who pops here and there trying to be oh-so-clever... but you arent really clever, just saying.

Infraction
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-06-26 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, more i talk with you more i lean towards that idea that you are just some idiot who pops here and there trying to be oh-so-clever... but you arent really clever, just saying.
    Not really. I just point out how laughable the "Waaaah horde biaaaaaaas" argument is. Especially when used on everything.

If you want to be taken more seriously, perhaps stop acting as if all wow writers were here to get you.

Because you know its unthinkable that blizzard is using a good opportunity to give some presence to new race like nightborne.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2019-06-26 at 04:46 PM.

Not really. I just point out how laughable the "Waaaah horde biaaaaaaas" argument is. Especially when used on everything.

If you want to be taken more seriously, perhaps stop acting as if all wow writers were here to get you.

Because you know its unthinkable that blizzard is using a good opportunity to give some presence to new race like nightborne.
    What do you mean? Horde bias is very real. Why just yesterday I have stumbled into some furniture and hit my pinky toe. What explanation can exist for that happening other than Afrasiabi hiding in my apartment and shoving me from behind because I didn't criticize the Alliance hard enough this week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What do you mean? Horde bias is very real. Why just yesterday I have stumbled into some furniture and hit my pinky toe. What explanation can exist for that happening other than Afrasiabi hiding in my apartment and shoving me from behind because I didn't criticize the Alliance hard enough this week?
    Psychologist: Afrasiabi hiding under your bed doesn't exists and can't hurt you.
    Afrasiabi hiding under your bed: And thats where you are wrong.

Brb gotta check all nook and crannies in my dwelling for golden.