Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Democrats letting them live in these conditions so they can use them to score political points. Quiet honestly sickening.
    Just more of the malevolent left at it's finest. Scream about a problem they create and encourage.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Democrats letting them live in these conditions so they can use them to score political points. Quiet honestly sickening.
    Well, you are flat out lying. The Trump administration even said they want to make the conditions bad, so that it will act as a deterrent for others coming here. Yes, it is quite honestly sickening when people lie about punishing immigrants.

The House Democratic leadership pushed through a $4.5 billion emergency aid package late Tuesday to help thousands of migrants packed into overcrowded facilities at the U.S.-Mexico border, but it's unlikely to get a hearing in the Republican-controlled Senate.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/26/73614...ncy-border-aid

So Trump was blaming the democrats for not releasing the money. Looks like the democrats approved the bill. The senate might not pass it though.

So well have a bunch of cramped illegal immigrants for the near future.

They can always go back home.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    The House Democratic leadership pushed through a $4.5 billion emergency aid package late Tuesday to help thousands of migrants packed into overcrowded facilities at the U.S.-Mexico border, but it's unlikely to get a hearing in the Republican-controlled Senate.

So Trump was blaming the democrats for not releasing the money. Looks like the democrats approved the bill. The senate might not pass it though.

Or people could stop being authoritarians who hate freedom and capitalism, and let them in.

10+ Year Old Account

These are asylum seekers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

You really need to find a more appropriate user name, this one doesn't suit you at all.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

I think they're economic refugees looking for jobs.

They're exploiting the asylum process so that they can get into the country.

Maybe, maybe there are like 5 of the 144,000 they arrested in May that have a legit asylum claim.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Just to be clear.
    An asylum "seeker", is not someone that deserves asylum (they may or may not deserve it). Nor someone that has been granted one.

It is someone that wants to fill that application form.
    For example, if bill gates or jeff bezos want to fill that application form, they are seeking asylum and are "seekers" until the answer is back.

Is that what you are referring to?
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Maybe, maybe there are like 5 of the 144,000 they arrested in May that have a legit asylum claim.
    So, why are you so opposed to freedom and capitalism?

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim about those numbers?

You mean surprise citizens.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account

[Citation Needed]

Also "economic refugees" are still asylum seekers. The impacts of climate change are economic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    You mean surprise citizens.
    No, I mean asylum seekers. Meaning asking them to go back home while we process their claim is like asking an abuse victim to live with their husband while charges are investigated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

[Citation Needed]

Also "economic refugees" are still asylum seekers. The impacts of climate change are economic.

Oh come on. lol

They can't get jobs in Guatemala and Honduras because they're governments have screwed their economies up. Not our fault.

I am in favor of issuing 4 year work visas, we have a lot of unfilled jobs. But they would apply in their countries, not show up uninvited.

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Just more of the malevolent left at it's finest. Scream about a problem they create and encourage.
    Last time I checked trump isn't a Democrat, money was offered for the border excluding a wall trump shot it down.

- - - Updated - - -

How do they go back home when they aren’t held in camps?

- - - Updated - - -

Well not covering every one the houndrous which have gotten the most press have a 30% rate on legit asylum claim. Though the data is from 2018 so it could have changed.

https://www.worlddata.info/america/honduras/asylum.php

Oh come on. lol

They can't get jobs in Guatemala and Honduras because they're governments have screwed their economies up. Not our fault.

I am in favor of issuing 4 year work visas, we have a lot of unfilled jobs. But they would apply in their countries, not show up uninvited.
    You still haven't provided evidence to back your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post

Well not covering every one the houndrous which have gotten the most press have a 30% rate on legit asylum claim. Though the data is from 2018 so it could have changed.

https://www.worlddata.info/america/honduras/asylum.php

Probably costs like $50 for a phony police report in Honduras. There's a lot of corruption there which is another reason their economy is messed up.

-- Capt. Copeland

Probably costs like $50 for a phony police report in Honduras. There's a lot of corruption there.
    What does that have to do with his evidence that already refuted your baseless claim. At this point, your refusal to address it is tantamount to lying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably costs like $50 for a phony police report in Honduras. There's a lot of corruption there.
    I’m assuming you have something to back that up that a asylum court wouldn't be able to find?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.worlddata.info/america/usa/asylum.php

Here’s the full data I had just the houndrous page saved before, looking like Guatemala is also at about 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’m assuming you have something to back that up that a asylum court wouldn't be able to find?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.worlddata.info/america/usa/asylum.php

Here’s the full data I had just the houndrous page saved before, looking like Guatemala is also at about 30%.

You're from Canada. Canada only takes in STEM people and people who have over a million in the bank. I don't think you can point fingers.

If Canada offers, I'm sure some of the 144,000 would seek asylum in Canada.

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably costs like $50 for a phony police report in Honduras. There's a lot of corruption there which is another reason their economy is messed up.
    This thread is just a pile of how much shit you can make up.

Why not try and base your conclusions on reality instead of creating a narrative out of thin air?
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    You're from Canada. Canada only takes in STEM people and people who have over a million in the bank. I don't think you can point fingers.

If Canada offers, I'm sure some of the 144,000 would seek asylum in Canada.
    Given that Canada took in the most asylum seeks in 2018 I think I can point fingers. Though you seem to be trying to distract from your baseless claims, But here.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5182621

https://www.worlddata.info/america/canada/asylum.php

Got any other deflections that don’t work or any other baseless claims?