Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    disgusting.
    even more disgusting that surely we have to do anyway this shitty questline for the next one

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Oh wow rewatched the cinematic and well, Jaina is able to teleport without casting anything, no gesture at all ?

Damn Blizzard where is this attention to details
    You're seeing the end-result of Jaina teleporting out of the Underhold after Baine had been rescued by her, Thrall, and Saurfang.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

This story would've been good if MoP didn't happen, but goddamn. At this point I really hope they're tricking us, and that every other race will put their foot down and go 'Oh hell naw, we're not letting two humans and two orcs control everything once again'. Like the night elves, Forsaken or most races at this point would just go HM, Jaina and Thrall feels bad, then I do too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    Honestly I'm okay with this. I knew Jaina, despite how angry she was, is still a very rational person.

I get that the night elves need to have their revenge, but that's totally towards Sylvanas. The forsaken are the figure behind every recent atrocity committed against the alliance, I don't think the entire horde should pay for her actions.
    Last I checked forsaken don't have shamans to enhance the fire that helped burn families.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    You're seeing the end-result of Jaina teleporting out of the Underhold after Baine had been rescued by her, Thrall, and Saurfang.
    He's referring to the final scene where she just disappears in purple light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hope we actually get to burn Thunder Bluff if we side with Sylvanas instead of being told to 'play along' and save it. Again.

This is the most hilarious shit I have seen all week I literally had to laugh at this trash, so kudos to blizz for making me laugh.

How the hell do they think such a peace is now possible after they literally pulled a genocide out of their hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    This is the most hilarious shit I have seen all week I literally had to laugh at this trash, so kudos to blizz for making me laugh.

How the hell do they think such a peace is now possible after they literally pulled a genocide out of their hat.
    Look at thralls guilt-filled eyes. Look at them and repent. Those special eyes will change hearts of horde and alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow rewatched the cinematic and well, Jaina is able to teleport without casting anything, no gesture at all ?

Damn Blizzard where is this attention to details
    jaina, and every archmage before her have been able to do this when teleporting a small group, it's when you want to move large numbers of people around that it takes time/concentration/energy/incantations etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I hope we actually get to burn Thunder Bluff if we side with Sylvanas instead of being told to 'play along' and save it. Again.
    Champion play along and stab me! Now, stab me harder!

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Because it was all Sylvanas. Blizz thinks we are stupid. I mean it's pretty telling that the one thing both Sylvanas haters and fans can agree on is that the narrative "Sylvanas did it all, the rest of the Horde is innocent" is bullshit.

Yet Blizz is still pushing for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    I must have missed the part where the Forsaken were nearly wiped out.
    There're worse fates than getting wiped out!

As mainly orc guy and considering the implications of this cinematic, I'd actually be totally okay if orcs got wiped out.

5+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight. If this becomes a raid of somesort. As an Alliance, I am supposed to help defend a horde city filled with horde people that did nothing to stop the horde they don't agree with when they burned our city?

Races in the horde are so incredibly weak-willed and constantly need the Alliance to bail them out of bs like this over and over again. Why don't you pull all of your forces out of Arathi and Darkshore first. THEN we can talk about possibly helping you defend your city.

Anduin doesn't help the Night Elves defend their lands but will help defend the horde city.

*clicks heels together* There's no place like Classic, there's no place like Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Because it was all Sylvanas. Blizz thinks we are stupid. I mean it's pretty telling that the one thing both Sylvanas haters and fans can agree on is that the narrative "Sylvanas did it all, the rest of the Horde is innocent" is bullshit.

Yet Blizz is still pushing for it.
    Yo horde still needs to learn its lesson. And you better do it fast, or else....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    jaina, and every archmage before her have been able to do this when teleporting a small group, it's when you want to move large numbers of people around that it takes time/concentration/energy/incantations etc.
    In the BfA cinematic she takes some time to tp out Alleria, Anduin and Genn. Must be what happened to her at the Broken Shore...

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    Well, Jaina needed a quite long incantation to teleport Alleria, Genn, Anduin and herself out of the Throne Room in Lordaeron. Granted she is also casting a shield at the same time, but this shield was unneeded if she had this instant-teleport spell available.
    Khadgar also needed like 2-minute casting to teleport us out of Kil'jaeden's ship. Ok that was a pretty long distance.
    I'm sure there are other occurrences all around Azeroth. Like you have to protect whatever mage while he/she's casting a teleport.

(talking about distance, where was Baine imprisoned ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    He's referring to the final scene where she just disappears in purple light.
    Exact

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    No, talking about the end of the cinematic. She just poof's out

The worst thing Blizzard could ever do to WoW is have the factions merge under Anduin's leadership. Please no. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    Love it! My favorite non-Azshara cinematic so far. Definitely got me teary eyed.

Hopefully this is foreshadowing a neutral faction or breaking/weakening the faction barrier. HvA got old two decades ago and has been terrible every time they've attempted it in WoW.
    I got mixed feelings about it.

The cinematic is quite good, and it brings good vibes.
    The problem is when you try to connect this cinematic with the whole rest of BfA story. It just looks like a Frankenstein story, the chapters seemed sewed / glued to each other without much thinking.

There was a reply to me earlier that quite nailed the issue here:

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Yeah, wasted potential is kind of BFA's calling card. So far, only Mechagon has lived up to the potential (a scrapyard-themed Timeless Isle with rares that drop a bunch of cool shit).

BFA's biggest problem is an issue that's been endemic to WoW since Warlords of Draenor. The story isn't about a plot progressing from chapter to chapter, it's about big shock-and-awe moments reluctantly strung together by plot threads. Say what one will about Mists of Pandaria, at least the war progressed fairly logically with the stage that was set: small forces set up shop on the mainland, fought for resources and territory. The main forces land, the battles intensify. At this time, Garrosh orders Vol'jin assassinated as an ongoing security risk and for earlier threats. As the battle rages on in the mainland, elite forces are sent to help the Shado-Pan with an outside threat, where the factions still pick and jab at each other. Things in the Horde hit a breaking point after Garrosh alienates everyone but his most loyal followers and Lawful Neutrals who are loyal to the title, not the person, and Vol'jin seemingly returns from the dead to ignite a rebellion among the trolls and tauren. Finally, the Alliance uses the Horde as a buffer to minimize losses once a civil war breaks out.

Events led into one another. In BFA, the War of Thorns comes from left field, even if one had read Before the Storm. It existed as a big shock-and-awe moment to try and get people talking about WoW again. The Attack on Undercity was a shock-and-awe moment, loosely strung to the pre-expansion event and rarely if ever referred to afterward. The plot threads in Kul'Tiras only tie together in an optional quest line at 120, otherwise they just sort of end abruptly. The only storyline in BFA that functions as an actual line of plot events rather than pops is the war campaign, and even that quickly devolves into modern WoW's preferred avenue of storytelling come 8.2.

Like I said earlier in the thread, a large-scale, long-term deescalation between the Alliance and Horde is a big deal. And that's where BFA seems to be pointing, with the Horde rebels and Alliance working together to put the brakes on Sylvanas's plans and worst excesses, and the Alliance and Horde independently deciding to work together in Nazjatar for survival's sake. This is up there in terms of important lore events that shake up the order of things on Azeroth. But the execution is so poorly done, so sloppy, that what should be a jaw-dropper just comes off as 'fucking FINALLY let's get this shit over with.' or is met with revulsion due to the sheer number of plot holes in this swiss cheese storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    No, talking about the end of the cinematic. She just poof's out
    That's just her teleporting herself out, which any Mage can do - probably just cut down because no wants to watch several seconds of casting in a cut-scene.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I cannot believe the writers are this stupid, or consider us this stupid. So it's not gonna be an Orgrimmar raid, it's gonna be a Cowtown raid and you won't be attacking it, you'll be defending it... or both! Technically not MoP 2. Just technically.

I also cannot believe they would be as stupid to destroy the two factions for what? So human male rets can finally get a fair skin elf internet girlfriend or some stupid shit like that?

And what about the people who sided with Sylvanas? They are just gonna pretend those never existed and blame it all on Sylvanas cause everyone has a thing for hating her, right?

What a bullshit. Will Saurfang and Thrall ever stop betraying the Horde? Will Jaina escape bipolar extremities? Golden is not a writer, she at best is a scribbler. To me her story sounds as if made with a coat hanger, ultimate abortion on reason and good taste.