Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weekly Oondasta ruined by Hunters.

Instead of giving them a rare with the same model, they make a weekly world boss that can drop a mount tamable. In what way is it good news that a single hunter can make it a real struggle for tens of people to get their weekly loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosios View Post
    Instead of giving them a rare with the same model, they make a weekly world boss that can drop a mount tamable. In what way is it good news that a single hunter can make it a real struggle for tens of people to get their weekly loot.
    This will only be an issue at the start. Second, its a non issue since they literally wont be trying to tame it with tons of people around since that would ensure they can't get a tame off.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is hunter loot.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    its a non issue since they literally wont be trying to tame it with tons of people around since that would ensure they can't get a tame off.
    They definitely can tame it no matter howmany people hit and damage it since the boss gets a reduced damage taken buff after spawning so everyone can get a tag for the loot.

They definitely can tame it no matter howmany people hit and damage it since the boss gets a reduced damage taken buff after spawning so everyone can get a tag for the loot.
    Unless they changed tame mechanics, the instant he changes targets from the hunter to someone else, the tame cast bar is broken. I don't even know if they have distracting shot to regain its attention either.

But, again, even if they did change it and the hunter can finish a tame cast with someone else being the focus target, would only be for the first few days anyway.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Unless they changed tame mechanics, the instant he changes targets from the hunter to someone else, the tame cast bar is broken. I don't even know if they have distracting shot to regain its attention either.

But, again, even if they did change it and the hunter can finish a tame cast with someone else being the focus target, would only be for the first few days anyway.
    Even if they did, Oondasta is immune to taunts.

It is really sloppy though for this to be implemented this way in my opinion, it's just frustrating for those trying to tame him and those trying to farm him.

Could have been a neutral model in a cave nearby, or just have a smaller version spawn when he dies

This will only be an issue at the start. Second, its a non issue since they literally wont be trying to tame it with tons of people around since that would ensure they can't get a tame off.
    I think this is true. Those who are interested will just all go to tame her (him?) now and be done with it. It will quiet down in 2-3 weeks.

How is this even an issue since the bosses almost spawn immediately after being killed not?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Even if they did, Oondasta is immune to taunts.

It is really sloppy though for this to be implemented this way in my opinion, it's just frustrating for those trying to tame him and those trying to farm him.

Could have been a neutral model in a cave nearby, or just have a smaller version spawn when he dies
    I see. Wonder how how threat gen itd take then to rip oondasta back. I wouldn't immagine taming causes much threat. EH, still wouldn't be too much of an issue. Especially if you go warmode. Just kill the hunter

a single hunter can make it a real struggle for tens of people to get their weekly loot.
    What? There is no way a hunter can make it "a real struggle" for anyone trying to kill Oondasta. In order to tame something, you need to hold threat, which is impossible if someone else is attacking your target.

That said, I don't understand why wouldn't Blizzard just make all the mobs sharing the Oondasta and Horridon models tamable. I mean, there are other cool color variations out there, and I'd rather have a green armored direhorn than a blue one.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    How is this even an issue since the bosses almost spawn immediately after being killed not?
    No. Oondasta is on a 15 minute respawn timer.

Yes, the MoP bosses are all either exactly 15 minutes or randomly spawn between 10 and 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yes, the MoP bosses are all either exactly 15 minutes or randomly spawn between 10 and 20 minutes.
    All world bosses I believe are set like that now?
    Even the WoD ones I think are similar, at least the mount one is.

Yeah, I was wondering what he was talking about since it's a 6 second cast that the thing needs to be focused on you the entire time. Anyone else gets aggro, boom instantly broken. The only way they'd get a tame if it's something like Sabertron where they have a couple of casts that add up to 6 seconds and they happen to do them one after the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    All world bosses I believe are set like that now?
    Even the WoD ones I think are similar, at least the mount one is.
    I don't know about all worldbosses but yes, Rukhmar is also exactly 15 minutes.

Galleon: exactly 15 min
    Sha of Anger: random between 10 and 20 min
    Oondasta: exactly 15 min
    Nalak: random between 10 and 20 min
    Rukhmar: exactly 15 min

They should all be reduced to 2 minutes, IMO. They die in 6 seconds flat, these spawntimes just force people to wait around which is annoying. Not the biggest problem in the world, but it would be nice.

Also both Nalak and Rukhmar need the 5 second 99% damage immunity. On tuesdays, they often die before they get within melee range. I once had Rukhmar die in the air before it got within 40 yard range of my hunter on the ground!
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2019-06-26 at 07:04 PM.

It will be an issue for like 1 or 2 weeks. Relax.

If hunters can steal the spawn by taming it, this will continue to be a problem forever because a single hunter can grief dozens of people by taming, abandoning the pet, and repeating that.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    On tuesdays, they often die before they get within melee range. I once had Rukhmar die in the air before it got within 40 yard range of my hunter on the ground!
    That's why you sit on the platform up at eye level with him and hit him with something as soon as he spawns.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Yes, I had to start doing that. Adding a 5 second 99% damage immunity buff like Galleon and Sha of Anger would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    No. Oondasta is on a 15 minute respawn timer.
    Ooh 15 minutes. IF you can't wait that long you have serious problems.