View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Imo the interesting part is how this will shape EU influence in SEA and Oceania. We have agreements in place or at work with Singapore, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand. This will increasingly place us in competition with China.
    And really the big one will be the FTA with Mercosur which is very likely to happen in the near future.
    aaaand FTA with Japan was in the bag months ago. the very FTA Liam Fox applauded as "3bn boost to GDP" on twitter.
    but who needs +3bn and FTA's with mayor partners in UK ? pfft !!!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I don't think the monarchy could take control, honestly. And no doubt we'd actually have MPs and others trying to block them taking control or fucking things up even more if they somehow did take control.
    Put it this way... the only reason Parliament has such a big clout over the monarchy is because the people are behind them. Or... were? Which is the point I'm making. If Parliament doesn't represent the people anymore, they lose their power over the monarchy. And certainly, no matter what the Queen would decide, it'd be better than this mess.

If you haven't noticed, this isn't entirely serious. But an interesting trail of tought. Just for funsies.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

They could just hand the reins over to the House of Lords - At least as far as Brexit goes they have seemed rather a lot more sensible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man, I think I'll miss dribbles drivels.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Man, I think I'll miss dribbles drivels.
    He'll be back. He's done this "I'm going away never to return." thing. Comes back a week later when something happens that shows Brexit to be shit and tries to spin it as a win.

I don't mean to be controversial, but this thread has ticked along nicely for 1000+ pages without heavy-handed moderation.

Would be nice if that could continue.

Or, maybe just delete/shut down politics sub forum?

Blairite cunt.

Wheres your evidence of anti-semiiteism in Labour?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-07-01 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Flaming

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    My views are not welcome here, despite being one of the 17.4 million leavers and trying to represent the majority of the UK electorate.
    I hate to break it to you buddy, but you can't represent the majority when you're pro Brexit as you're supporting the minority opinion. This is why your heroes are 100% against any kind of confirmatory referendum, because they still can't believe they fluked the first one on via skewed turnout and know they have no chance in hell of winning a second, especially now opinion has slid so far towards remain.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I don't think the monarchy could take control, honestly.
    Actually, once the Tories elect a new leader that leader then has to request permission from the queen to form a new government. It's incredibly unlikely it would happen but the queen would be well within her rights/powers to simply say no (in which case a general election would be called).

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Actually, once the Tories elect a new leader that leader then has to request permission from the queen to form a new government. It's incredibly unlikely it would happen but the queen would be well within her rights/powers to simply say no (in which case a general election would be called).
    Literally, I'll bet you £1000 to your £1 that the Queen will not "simply say no".

Charity of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Literally, I'll bet you £1000 to your £1 that the Queen will not "simply say no".

Charity of your choice.
    He just said it's incredibly unlikely. Sounds like he meant a 1/1000 chance of it happening. Don't bet against a dude that's on your side of the bet. It doesn't work like that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    He just said it's incredibly unlikely. Sounds like he meant a 1/1000 chance of it happening. Don't bet against a dude that's on your side of the bet. It doesn't work like that.
    Not at all. It’s an easy £1 for Oxfam.

Anyway, at this rate the queen will be long gone by the time the UK actually Brexits.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Not at all. It’s an easy £1 for Oxfam.

Anyway, at this rate the queen will be long gone by the time the UK actually Brexits.
    pfft, Elizabeth the Eternal will outlive BoJo easily

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    pfft, Elizabeth the Eternal will outlive BoJo easily
    She'll be the bigger loss to humanity at any rate.

Interestingly, despite the mess that is Boris Johnson the Cons are ahead of Lab in the latest Ipsos Mori poll. On the face of it, it would appear that the LDs are gaining votes at the expense of the Lab and that people are beginning to lose interest in BXP.

Westminster Voting Intention:

CON: 26% (+1)
    LAB: 24% (-3)
    LDM: 22% (+7)
    BXP: 12% (-4)
    GRN: 8% (-1)

Via IpsosMORI.
    Changes w/ 10-14 May.

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/s...07794914123777

It will be interesting to see if this is a one off or if a trend is beginning to develop in other polls.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-06-27 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Interestingly, despite the mess that is Boris Johnson the Cons are ahead of Lab in the latest Ipsos Mori poll. On the face of it, it would appear that the LDs are gaining votes at the expense of the Lab and that people are beginning to lose interest in BXP.

Westminster Voting Intention:

CON: 26% (+1)
    LAB: 24% (-3)
    LDM: 22% (+7)
    BXP: 12% (-4)
    GRN: 8% (-1)

Via IpsosMORI.
    Changes w/ 10-14 May.

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/s...07794914123777

It will be interesting to see if this is a one off or if a trend is beginning to develop in other polls.
    I'm guessing Boris will syphon away brexit party votes while Labour dithering (well Corbyn's) is going to cost them votes until they put themselves as the main remain party. They'll lose more dithering or being a brexit party than they would going full remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I'm guessing Boris will syphon away brexit party votes while Labour dithering (well Corbyn's) is going to cost them votes until they put themselves as the main remain party. They'll lose more dithering or being a brexit party than they would going full remain.
    Corbyn has a really thin line to walk. Come out for Remain, he loses a huge part of his base to the Brexit Party. Support Brexit and he loses the other half of his base to the LibDems. Not really making any decision is the only real option he has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if Brexiters feel comfortable that BoJo will deliver no deal (even if by default) then their loyalty to Farage is far weaker than their fear of Corbyn and the realities of FPTP would make them rally behind the Tories than risk splitting the vote. Plus however daft a few of them might be, the majority very likely realise that whoever wins the election needs to run the country as well and the "talent" Farage has rounded up is for a farm show, not parliament.
    On the Lab side, quite a few Lab voters are actually moderates disenfranchised by Corbyn and if they felt Lib Dems had a good chance, they'd try and take it. You'd probably have to wait for far closer to an actual GE for strategic voting to become apparent there.
    It's extremely telling, though. Were this "traditional" party dynamics with the Tories doing this abysmally Labour shouldn't have an issue.

However, that assumes that Brexit isn't the world's most intricate Idiot Plot and both major parties aren't led by complete fucking knobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Ultimately it shows that Labour's electoral base is more divided than the Tories are.
    That's not exactly new that though. The Labour base has been divided since the rise of New Labour.

That's what a lot of the 'moderates' seem to be forgetting. The divisions in Labour pre-debate Brexit. They presume that everyone shares their opinions... they dont.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    That's not exactly new that though. The Labour base has been divided since the rise of New Labour.

That's what a lot of the 'moderates' seem to be forgetting. The divisions in Labour pre-debate Brexit. They presume that everyone shares their opinions... they dont.
    Which is 'funny' considering the whole debacle was a result of trying to bandaid schisms in the Tory party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Must. Try. Not. To. Reply. Flarelaine. Will. Infract. Me. Again.

argh