Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    In terms of story, Kul Tiras and Zandalar were completely forgettable. Nazjatar is an absolute trainwreck.

This is a very narrow focus, considering the poster was complaining about the repetitiveness of the faction war arc. Take Cataclysm, for example, the only parts of that story that weren't completely unpalatable were the faction war elements during the leveling zones. The endgame, Deathwing-related content was pretty horrible all around. From Thrall's Wedding, to time travel, to Deathwing's pedicure, it was consistently garbage.

Now, instead of Thrall's wedding, we'll be doing quests highlighting Anduin and Baine's friendship. If you thought Thrall was an insufferable character, just wait until you see how far down the story can go. And the worst part is that we won't have a faction war to soothe the pain after the fact.
    The best elements of the Cata leveling zones weren't the faction war if you ask me, but side-stories like Wrathion's cleansing or the actually funny meme quests like Welcome to the Machine and The Day Deathwing Came. In Hindsight Badlands was one of the few zones improved by Cata. Sure Deathwing and Green Jesus were crap, but then again in Mists I found the Mogu and Mantid to be the highlights of the story while Orc Hitler was, well, Orc Hitler.

To say nothing of total idiocies like Wrath's ''we're fighting together on the doorstep of the planet's most powerful necromancer? Let's kill each other after professing that was act to quell the unrest between the factions!'' or Warlords that doesn't even try to justify Ashran beyond there being some nondescript Ogre artifact that does things and thus we must send thousands of soldiers to their deaths.

5+ Year Old Account
    Discussion is getting a little heated. Remember that you can converse with each other without resorting to insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Yeah its WARcraft, of course were annoyed

More genocide plz
    This is such a ridiculous and lazy claim. There's still war in warcraft if the Horde and Alliance aren't fighting. We're fighting something constantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Great alt account Christie, I'm honored that Blizzard writers have decided to join our humble community here on MMO-Champion. Do you actually have an argument though? I'm not sure "yadda yadda it's good now" really constitutes one.
    As much as "yadda yadda its horrible" is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Are you that dense? Every fucking expansion had faction conflict in the story.
    Wow, imagine not getting the point. There are plenty of stories, even the main arcs, in prior expansions which were entirely divorced from factions entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The best elements of the Cata leveling zones weren't the faction war if you ask me, but side-stories like Wrathion's cleansing or the actually funny meme quests like Welcome to the Machine and The Day Deathwing Came.
    Hold on, are you actually praising World of Memecraft? Because the joke quests were one of the worst parts of Cata questing.

To say nothing of total idiocies like Wrath's ''we're fighting together on the doorstep of the planet's most powerful necromancer? Let's kill each other after professing that was act to quell the unrest between the factions!''
    Wrath's faction conflict was actually appropriately happened. Given stories like "Glory," and the nuance that the faction conflict gave races, I'm not sure what you're really griping about.

Warlords that doesn't even try to justify Ashran beyond there being some nondescript Ogre artifact that does things and thus we must send thousands of soldiers to their deaths
    Yes, and what was the story outside of Ashran that constituted a neutral story? Time travelling Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    As much as "yadda yadda its horrible" is.
    Plenty of people throughout plenty of threads (myself included) have posted thought-out essays on why BfA's story is absolute garbage. Nice try with the tedious "Nou" variation.

Hold on, are you actually praising World of Memecraft? Because the joke quests were one of the worst parts of Cata questing.

Wrath's faction conflict was actually appropriately happened. Given stories like "Glory," and the nuance that the faction conflict gave races, I'm not sure what you're really griping about.

Yes, and what was the story outside of Ashran that constituted a neutral story? Time travelling Orcs.
    Most of World of Memecraft was terrible. But some were funny, and a damn sight better than Sylvanas being a moron who has to be saved by her plot devices or Garrosh leading a fleet to its suicidal demise/being schizophrenic about what honor meant to him because Afriasabi. The war was better than the nonsense around Deathwing, true, but that's a helluva low bar.

About Wrath, I was more talking about shit like the Broken Front, or Muradin/Saurfang in ICC attackign the first Alliance asset they see literally right after declaring they must save Bolvar to stop the war between Alliance and Horde (however that's supposed to make a difference).

And the rest of Warlords being Warlords doesn't make Ashran good. At least the rest tried to tell a story, even if it failed badly. Ashran just happened to justify a half-assed battleground.

the end of the factions is near!

heavily hinting at the faction war ending for good

Wow, imagine not getting the point. There are plenty of stories, even the main arcs, in prior expansions which were entirely divorced from factions entirely.

You do realize that Blizzard had to design the storyline around the faction conflict right? Do you really think everything would have played out exactly the same?

Also do you not understand that if XXXXX is in a questline dealing with the Horde or Alliance that they aren't in a non faction questline?

How many zones are there with no faction conflict in them what so ever?

Plenty of people throughout plenty of threads (myself included) have posted thought-out essays on why BfA's story is absolute garbage. Nice try with the tedious "Nou" variation.
    I love that you are so disingenuous in this thread that you try to twist my comment as if I'm attacking you for saying BfA's story is bad, implying I think otherwise, and not that you're bringing up inaccurate bullshit to bitch about Sylvanas for the ten millionth time.

There are so many actual problems, stop disingenuously whining about the Horde just because you're upset Sylvanas is being clearly lined up as the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    This is such a ridiculous and lazy claim. There's still war in warcraft if the Horde and Alliance aren't fighting. We're fighting something constantly.
    Orcs vs Humans

7+ Year Old Account
    Great cinematic, if only because of one fact. I knew the following shitstorm on the lore forums would be great to read. Though i must admit, it went far beyond what i expected. Accusing anyone who likes the cinematic of being Golden's alt account is absolutely precious, a great new low in fact.

As for the actual cinematic, it makes me think the Defense of Thunderbluff could be pretty fun raid if executed well from a gameplay perspective. Undead scaling up the sides of the bluff, defenders at the top punting them off to their deaths, pouring hot oil down the sides of the bluff to melt even more undead climbing up.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Funny fact - by writing a crappy lore and trying to force the one faction idea,they unite the forum players in their hate against the current WoW lore team.

The Alliance players - at least half of them,are pissed about this turn of events,because it seems,that Teldrassil will be forgotten and forgiven (without the real consequences for one of the true orchestrators of it - Saurfang),while the Horde players are mad,because their leaders had a sudden change of character and all they want is peace - especially,Saurfang,you know,the guy,who commanded the Horde army on their march to Teldrassil.

Maybe that was their plan along - to write the story so shitty to unite the both faction players in their hate towards the WoW lore team?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Orcs vs Humans
    Yes that was the tag line of the first game, congratulations you sussed it out.

Warcraft 3 is the most popular entry in the series and it's about coming together to stop the burning legion.

no no no no, I am not buying that faction unification shit. no sir thanks.
    If it is like the mercenary system, I can ignore that. Like you if the party lead on the lfg list is alliance and you apply to it, you are turned into an alliance character just like in dazar alor. I can accept that. But it is lorewise impossible, illogical, unexplainable after all the shit we have been through all these years. No amount of writing can consolidate that. leave red and blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Great cinematic, if only because of one fact. I knew the following shitstorm on the lore forums would be great to read. Though i must admit, it went far beyond what i expected. Accusing anyone who likes the cinematic of being Golden's alt account is absolutely precious, a great new low in fact.

As for the actual cinematic, it makes me think the Defense of Thunderbluff could be pretty fun raid if executed well from a gameplay perspective. Undead scaling up the sides of the bluff, defenders at the top punting them off to their deaths, pouring hot oil down the sides of the bluff to melt even more undead climbing up.
    man people say this but they dont remember that the portal area in thunderbluff is a cave full of forsaken. they will probably have them just teleport a bunch of forsaken in the cave and blight all the tauren before we even show up.

sylvanas has all the makings of a ghetto horde army on her side too. for orcs she's got mag'har. trolls she's got zandalari who are still gonna be mad about rastakhan. tauren she can get the grimtotem pretty easily they probably cant wait to fuck up thunder bluff.

siege of thunderbluff could potentially be sick they will fuck it up of course but in these few weeks before the next disappointing ptr shows up we can dream

Quote Originally Posted by yoshingo View Post
    yes that was the tag line of the first game, congratulations you sussed it out.

Warcraft 3 is the most popular entry in the series and it's about coming together to stop the burning legion.
    I SAID ORCS VS HUMANS

fuck

Thank god faction is hopefully coming to an end. Just take my money Blizzard. I'd gladly pay to raid as alliance again with my horde guild because of faction imbalance. Or even better, we all go to alliance because barriers will be gone for raiding and recruiting will be much easier on any side.
    Thanks for the heads up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for the factions to be able to play together, so many times while just randomly running around we end up helping each other anyways, and at this point it would really help group content, and pvp balance. Now you don't need to build out 2 hubs for every zone, now you don't need 2 times the quests that tell you to do the same things, and now you can tell stories of groups in the factions having actual goals and ideals beyond Red vs Blue...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the end of the factions is near!
    The end of the warcraft franchise is near.

I never knew until today, the song "Hot and Cold" by Katie Perry is actually about the Horde and/or Alliance.

Like, you spend an entire expansion alongside atleast 1 Night Elf, then you burn down their home, then Jaina raids your expansion hub and becomes the last boss... Now we're all gonna be friends again. Maybe this expansion can be in the running for "best writing" alongside GoT S8 E6.

I'm semi-joking but I don't think anyone can disagree that the story is a little... yeah.