People are still automatically dismissing leaks as fake? Haven't y'all learned your lesson by now?

(I don't know anything but am taking all leaks in completely neutrally this time around.)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    People are still automatically dismissing leaks as fake? Haven't y'all learned your lesson by now?

(I don't know anything but am taking all leaks in completely neutrally this time around.)
    I can only speak for myself but I’d say it’s because while we may have an idea on “big picture” things (such as possible faction unification or level squish or world revamp or time skip) when the leaks start detailing those points it looks very amateur.

Though I’m sure some people will meme how Blizzard is being very amateur.

I also think people have already speculated so many different avenues that WoW could go that I’d be hard pressed to find any leak that is actually surprising. Most we see are based off what’s discussed on forums, but did anyone expect “the south seas expansion” to end up like BFA? Or even come close to that?

I don’t recall but it’s also been a while since the leak season for 8.0 happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I'd rather he slither off and recover his strength for 1-2 expansions to give us a thematic break. Death themed xpac next, please. Or Dragon themed.
    We could also have N'zoth win and the next Exp be about us running away and finding a new base to fight back from.

Given that necessarily most of the "leaks" are wrong, that would be the most logical position, actually. Far less chance of being wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    And the closer we are to Blizzcon, the more "leaks" we will have. Last time we had like 3-4 threads poppin off each day.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given that necessarily most of the "leaks" are wrong, that would be the most logical position, actually. Far less chance of being wrong.
    I choose not to dismiss or trust the leaks, I feel like that is a far better experience these days. The only things I am willing to trust/dismiss is stuff I can verify which is basically nothing at this point because there haven't been many leaks found through mining except for the fact an 8th expansion is being worked on.

7+ Year Old Account
    I choose not to dismiss or trust the leaks, I feel like that is a far better experience these days. The only things I am willing to trust/dismiss is stuff I can verify which is basically nothing at this point because there haven't been many leaks found through mining except for the fact an 8th expansion is being worked on.
    Seems like there is no repeat of the mistake when they added a Kul'Tiras armor in Legion yet. Not much to go by.

Only "confirmed" stuff we have is that there will be an expansion and that there will be a level squish.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Have you seen the new reddit leak? I want it to happen so bad.
    Which one? There has been so many bad leaks lately, I can't remember haha!

EDIT: Nevermind, found it in your messages!

Damn, I want it so baaaad.

Have you seen the new reddit leak? I want it to happen so bad.
    World revamp is all I needed to read to confirm it fake.

They're not gnna revamp the world ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Seems like there is no repeat of the mistake when they added a Kul'Tiras armor in Legion yet. Not much to go by.

Only "confirmed" stuff we have is that there will be an expansion and that there will be a level squish.
    Even the level squish I can't personally confirm because I didn't get the survey. That's how skeptical I am this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    World revamp is all I needed to read to confirm it fake.

They're not gnna revamp the world ever again.
    Shush, go away, meanie bug!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Shush, go away, meanie bug!
    I mean, I'd like a complete overhaul myself.

But I can settle for Dragon Isles

That new leak is so bad it could indeed be real. But it has a world revamp and I want a world revamp... *confused*
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That new leak is so bad it could indeed be real. But it has a world revamp and I want a world revamp... *confused*
    I don't think it's that bad tbh, and WoW could use a shift from the old H vs A conflict. We'll see I guess, we'll see!

I don't think it's that bad tbh, and WoW could use a shift from the old H vs A conflict. We'll see I guess, we'll see!
    Honestly, as long as they give me a plausible world revamp I think I'd swallow every pill.

"Faction pride" exists and I don't think removing factions would be a good thing though. There are several MMORPGs with just one faction and they always felt hollow to me. I am not pro stupid faction war like we've seen in BfA but having two factions with opposing views and agendas is good and healthy imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Honestly, as long as they give me a plausible world revamp I think I'd swallow every pill.

"Faction pride" exists and I don't think removing factions would be a good thing though. There are several MMORPGs with just one faction and they always felt hollow to me. I am not pro stupid faction war like we've seen in BfA but having two factions with opposing views and agendas is good and healthy imho.
    I'd agree on the fact that it was good and healthy, but now it has grown kind of tired. If there is an opposite faction, which is playable and let's say purely evil... then it might freshen things up.

I'd agree on the fact that it was good and healthy, but now it has grown kind of tired. If there is an opposite faction, which is playable and let's say purely evil... then it might freshen things up.
    Sure the idea of Alliance + Horde vs. "New Faction" is great but... what should that faction be? Where should it come from?

I think something that could work would be renaming Alliance and Horde and give every race the choice to pledge allegiance to one of the new factions, let's name them Life (Light) and Death (Darkness). So any race can be in any faction which would be really neat. I don't think Blizzard would do this though.

So instead of being bound by racial choice it's a choice of morals and character now if you prefer to be the "bad" Draenei or the "good" Draenei or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rage is exhausting. Teldrassil isn't forgotten but when Baine does something pretty honorable even at the risk of his own life, you gotta reflect.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We only have less than two weeks until the cinematic that apparently shows what 8.3 is going to look like.

I'm still thinking its focused on Sylvanas instead of Nzoth but Ion said it shows who the final boss is, so... unless Sylvanas teleports in, or Nzoth tells everyone to go fight Sylvanas...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The rage is exhausting. Teldrassil isn't forgotten but when Baine does something pretty honorable even at the risk of his own life, you gotta reflect.
    No one's cared about that hippie haven since 2006, while Thunder Blunt has always been a pretty kickin' place, yo!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    We only have less than two weeks until the cinematic that apparently shows what 8.3 is going to look like.

I'm still thinking its focused on Sylvanas instead of Nzoth but Ion said it shows who the final boss is, so... unless Sylvanas teleports in, or Nzoth tells everyone to go fight Sylvanas...
    There are two ways to go:

1. Sylvanas is the final boss of BfA and the next expansion will be about N'zoth and Black Empire

2. N'zoth is the final boss of BfA and the next expansion will be about Sylvanas (and the Scourge?)

I mean that's pretty much it. You can spice up either of those options with a little bit of Dragons.