Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuvio View Post
    But we already know that before classic launch and that's exactly what OP is saying. Ignorance on the player's part does not change OP's post.
    That makes the pretty simple assumption that all classes exist in a vacuum. I'm sure you're not that simple though. Unless you're suggesting we all know exactly what the population demographics of every server is going to be like before classic launch. I'm more sure you're not claiming that though.

"What you see is what you get" is a very subjective term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Until people chant for a different patch / expansion, and suddenly, buffs and nerfs will happen.
    Or, simply Classic TBC =P

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Emergent gameplay being what it is; it will be interesting if OPs claim remains true throughout.

For clarity I'm not talking about Blizzard suddenly deciding to change some numbers; just that the relative strength of classes is in someway dependent on the other classes too (if for example, healers/dispellers are incredibly rare in PvP, warriors lose a degree of their power because if their reliance on them, so someone rolling warrior to be a PvP god may find themselves playing second fiddle to warlocks who are less reliant on a pocket healer).
    That's a great point I never really thought about. I could see this definitely affecting the landscape of PvP.. BGs especially.

Re: specs, Kevin Jordan, I believe, most recently stated that Vanilla design focused on classes rather than specs, which puts the disparities into much better context.

Wrath saw the first official effort into spec parity, and by Mists the expectation was institutionalized. Tighter encounter tuning drew sharp lines around roles, and now the spreadsheet rules. As an advocate for Arms PvE back in the day, I think I prefer class-focused design instead.

That makes the pretty simple assumption that all classes exist in a vacuum. I'm sure you're not that simple though. Unless you're suggesting we all know exactly what the population demographics of every server is going to be like before classic launch. I'm more sure you're not claiming that though.

"What you see is what you get" is a very subjective term.
    Huh?

We all know right now what the classes' strength & weaknesses will be in the 1.12 state of WoW. Not sure what the population demographics has to do with that fact.

Huh?

We all know right now what the classes' strength & weaknesses will be in the 1.12 state of WoW. Not sure what the population demographics has to do with that fact.
    Okay well, I can't be bothered to go into all the different class interactions, I gave a pretty straightforward example. I'm not trying to claim the effects of it are going to turn the Classic experience on it's head and people are going to stack elemental shamans for raid DPS or anything crazy like that. But it is going to have *some* effect on how you get to play your class.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Okay well, I can't be bothered to go into all the different class interactions, I gave a pretty straightforward example. I'm not trying to claim the effects of it are going to turn the Classic experience on it's head and people are going to stack elemental shamans for raid DPS or anything crazy like that. But it is going to have *some* effect on how you get to play your class.
    Effect, I agree. Your example of a solo warrior's experience being vastly different than a healer paired warrior holds true. I just read OP's post being that you know what a warrior encompasses and it won't ever change because of Blizzard's 'balancing'. No FOTM specs etc.

Effect, I agree. Your example of a solo warrior's experience being vastly different than a healer paired warrior holds true. I just read OP's post being that you know what a warrior encompasses and it won't ever change because of Blizzard's 'balancing'. No FOTM specs etc.
    Yeah PVP is the obvious situation, but I'd also be curious how much of an effect the 15 years of community development has on how classes interact in PvE too. Are people generally going to be so anal that they won't let Shadow priests even go to 5 mans because so many people rolled rogue or warrior or mage it's just asking for the run to take 10 minutes longer? Are paladin and bear druid tanks going to be as common as warrior tanks for the "variety" and the abundance of people who want to play a weak spec so they can be different and cool; so that rolling a warrior tank is no longer a ticket to the front of the queue for group forming? There are countless examples that could be given and all will only have a very tiny marginal effect but they could all add up to a very different class landscape to what people were expecting or how it played out back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    ..No more random buffs/nurfs .. I look forward to 'what-you-have-is-what-you-get', thus deciding on class and completly knowing what I am getting into .. and simply commit the time without the fear of Blizz gutting my favorite spec
    Yeah but the game also have zero balance and most classes only have one spec that works, if even that.

I heard they're implementing some itsy bitsy ideas that are not customary for Classic. Waiting for the official release in August to see if I'm gonna resub or not.

But we already know that before classic launch and that's exactly what OP is saying. Ignorance on the player's part does not change OP's post.

- - - Updated - - -

Laugh @ rogue when the mage iceblocks its own POM pyro, coldsnaps and POM pyros again!

Best mage build ever.....
    21/11/21 Would be pretty sweet....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Yup...........
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Oh the nightmares! Levelling with vanilla zones/experience on top of TBC levelling....
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Oh the nightmares! Levelling with vanilla zones/experience on top of TBC levelling....
    I have a dream that some day we will play Classic BfA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    Wait, you *like* having a spec you love that's complete dog shit having no chance of being changed to be competitive? That's just foolish.
    Better than having a spec you love get gutted to the ground, sometimes for no reason other than Blizzard literally saying they don't want people to play it anymore.

I'll take the devil we know rather than be at the mercy of the shitty whims of Blizzard devs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.