Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Well neither did Argus but it’s on the map with Broken Isles
    okay, let me rephrase that, it doesn't need to be on same geographical map, it can be on some corner of the map file for all I care to keep loading times low.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Okay there's a difference between Kalimdor not taking three weeks to fly across and a "secret hidden island" being within eyesight of a major population center.

One is necessary for gameplay, one is lazy and/or ignorant of the story design.

When almost every thing else in the world is the same way there really isn’t a difference. Look at icc for a perfect example, you can see the whole thing from dalaran yet there is suddenly a hidden slave mine and secret frostmourn chamber with a cliff side view. There’s also magic ledges and a peak that for some reason are comptly invisible to the outside world. It’s almost like they haven’t ever gave a crap about keeping the world in scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    How would putting the zone in a difference instance make the game great?

- - - Updated - - -

The game doesn’t need useless loading screens.
    What? That's not the point. The point is if they were focused on making the game great, little details are important to the integrity of the game, like caring about putting it in a location that actually makes sense with its history, rather than next to a continent because it was more convenient for them and their servers. Stuff adds up and hurts the integrity of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Actually it really is starting to bother me how the horde made it to Kalimdor without running aground.
    They did run into the darkspear trolls and a human camp on an island... near the maelstrom. I wonder what that was nowadays. I just looked it up and the island sank down. There was a sea witch there (using a white banshee model) talking about tides coming and all... I wonder who she actually was (was she actually lady Vashj?). She was commanding murlocs but I wonder if it was mostly out of lack of the actual naga lore not being done yet or something...

The NE campaign in TFT also had some stuff on the broken isles. Which for them was "unknown" and "recently formed"? I looked it up but I don't have the time to look at everything but it's with the tomb of sargeras and all. So it does look like it's full on broken isles mostly occupied with nagas. Which seems odd to me because in legion it felt like the nagas only recently attacked.

It honestly just makes me more hyped for the WC3 remaster. Considering they are making it closer to the WoW lore. Since they know a bit better where they are going, maybe we will have the answers as to who was the sea witch? What would the broken isles missions map look like now that it is part of WoW? Is there any clue as to what is remaining in WoW from the island Thrall found the darkspears?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    What? That's not the point. The point is if they were focused on making the game great, little details are important to the integrity of the game, like caring about putting it in a location that actually makes sense with its history, rather than next to a continent because it was more convenient for them and their servers. Stuff adds up and hurts the integrity of the game.
    I disagree comply. They have always been doing stuff like this and the game has been great for years even if it’s in a slump now. No matter where they put the island wouldn’t effect the greatness of the game just as the scaling has never effected it before.

I really like Mechagon, but I guess I would've preferred it being underground completely, maybe (if they don't want a cave-vibe all the time) with the Rustbolt gnomes developing a 'skybox-device' to keep their fleshy parts and personalities happier. (So you don't have to see the same dark cave all the time) and maybe one little door to the outside. Maybe with a teleportation-panel to the doors in the ground in Northrend too? That would be fun to include those for Mechagon. I know they were only an Easteregg for Lost but still. ^^

I disagree comply. They have always been doing stuff like this and the game has been great for years even if it’s in a slump now. No matter where they put the island wouldn’t effect the greatness of the game just as the scaling has never effected it before.
    On a small level, details like that do and it adds up over time. People feel it.

7+ Year Old Account
    On a small level, details like that do and it adds up over time. People feel it.
    If they didn’t feel it from classic-legion I don’t think they will start now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    A lot of the old ferry routes are going right through what is now Kul Tiras and Zandalar.

Why has nobody questioned how they only just got discovered?
    It's not that they only just now got discovered - Everybody knew about both Zandalar AND Kul Tiras. It's just that we haven't had any reason to go there before now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

If they didn’t feel it from classic-legion I don’t think they will start now.
    They do. Why do you think so many people don't respect the game developers? Why there is an uproar about how corporate they are now? This is part of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    They do. Why do you think so many people don't respect the game developers? Why there is an uproar about how corporate they are now? This is part of it.
    No this is in no way part of it.

No one cared when Naxx was to smell to fit the whole raid, no one cared that there was no way for the boat in the dead mines to get out. No one cared that hell fire citadel didn’t exist in the world and was just magically there in the dungeon. No one cares that the pit of saroun wasn’t in the world or the outside areas of icc.

Warcraft has never had correcting scaling Or world instances this has nothing to do with them being corporate and every thing to do with how the game works and how it has never been to scale.

No this is in no way part of it.

No one cared when Naxx was to smell to fit the whole raid, no one cared that there was no way for the boat in the dead mines to get out. No one cared that hell fire citadel didn’t exist in the world and was just magically there in the dungeon. No one cares that the pit of saroun wasn’t in the world or the outside areas of icc.

Warcraft has never had correcting scaling Or world instances this has nothing to do with them being corporate and every thing to do with how the game works and how it has never been to scale.
    I feel like were arguing two different things and what I'm saying is going over your head so forget it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like were arguing two different things and what I'm saying is going over your head so forget it.
    You are arguing that this ruins immersion but you have to think about it like this: the island was there, BUT nothing happened, it was just a old junkyard. Every content in mechagon is a relatively new thing and those who got inconveniently close to the truth were dealt with. Sure it could be a little farther away, but i do not see it ruining immersion that much.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

7+ Year Old Account
    We’re really not. Your complaining about the scale of the world and how gnome land feels out of place because of it, while also saying it’s because of some corporate bs. I’m pointing out that the scale of the world has always been broken and every single expan has had things that don’t work like gnome land.

It has nothing to do with the devs or corporate bs it’s just how the game works. Immersion scale wise has never and will never exist in wow to say it ever has is ignoring most of the game.

The “details” as you put it don’t exist in wow and have no baring rather it’s a great game or not