Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    im not a fan of having to camp rares again either, but I've still got a fair amount of rares killed. mostly on mechagon cause it's smaller, i've seen few rares on nazjatar, a few though. idk not a fan either, probably what I like the least about it, but i wouldn't call it 100 steps back either.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    You are having a hard time understanding the game design of this rares.
    They drop manapearls. A currency which a lot of people want.

How does it make sense for them to drop manapearls?

Just to TEASE us?

Put yourself in the shoes of a manapearl farmer plz. You are not doing it.
    I am.. SUPPLY AND DEMAND.. go back to middle school economics.

they are needed. they are scarse. meaning they are valueable.

if they were easy to obtain, they would not be nearly as valuable.

think of vanilla. around lvs 1-30 ish. 1 copper? easy to obtain. not valuable. 1 gold? much harder to obtain, thus more valuable. you may need it, but that wont change how you obtain it.

I don't really see the problem with rares actually being somewhat rare again. I vastly prefer it this way over the wack way they were designed in Legion.

My big problem with Nazjatar specifically is the zone design. It's like Argus on steroids. So goddamn aids to navigate without flying.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Then stop camping and get on with the veritable avalanche of quests they just dunked on us.
    Took me less than three hours to hit the timegate for both Nazjatar and Mechagon. What "avalanche" are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Alt tabbing for 1 hour while waiting for a rare to spawn or rushing to a rare spawn just in time to see it die while you are out of range to tap it is one of the cooler parts of 8.2. Okay then. I'm glad you enjoy it!
    So what I said was that I like that rares are rare again, and what I meant is that I enjoy that they're not all up at once, and have longer respawn timers.

In regard to what you're saying there, I'm completely okay with the fact that 8.2 is like 3 days old and that I will eventually get every drop from every rare. Even if I do arrive just in time to see it die, which has happened to me a number of times already. Obviously that hurts more if it's say, harvester (who drops a mount), but all of this content is super new and is going to be around for a VERY long time. So I guess for me it's just not that big of a deal to miss a kill here and there now.

Also I don't alt tab for an hour waiting for a rare, I go do other stuff in the brand new zones. They're pretty fun!
    Last edited by Skaan; 2019-06-28 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I know how dungeon loot and everything worked. But people here bring examples from vanilla. Vanilla rares ooh, vanilla rares aaaah. I'm willing to bet rare farming wasn't really a thing unless you were a hunter and wanted that cat. Farming, in general? SURE. But sitting around to wait for that one rare? Not so sure. And even then, now we have DOZENS of these. Not 1-2-3. DOZENS PER PATCH. That drop pet/toy/mount/needed for achievement. It is so not the same.
    you didnt read my post either.. vanilla rares are not nearly as important as other rares in later expacs.. they are more You see one int he wild and you want to kill it cause it has a chance to drop somthing actually good for your character... but they didnt drop spesific things, thus no one actually "camped" them. the only camped onces sometimes would be dungeon onces. and that almost never happened.

the first time people actually camped rares was in mists when they dropped specific items..... this is not including timelost protodrake which was technically the first rare. but as a whole expac, mists was the first.

Then WoD ruined rares by making them not rare anymore... and they always dropped thier items.. making them common, and usless.

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    I am.. SUPPLY AND DEMAND.. go back to middle school economics.

they are needed. they are scarse. meaning they are valueable.

if they were easy to obtain, they would not be nearly as valuable.

think of vanilla. around lvs 1-30 ish. 1 copper? easy to obtain. not valuable. 1 gold? much harder to obtain, thus more valuable. you may need it, but that wont change how you obtain it.
    OH you want to talk MATH with me?

Ok, lets talk about math:

reward per rare: between zero to 3 manapearls
    time spent camping a rare: 1-2 hours

bip boop beep...calculating...conclusion: Not worth the trouble

Great game design according to you? Its great game design to ignore the rares?
    Great game design would be for people to be excited about rares.
    Not "do the math" and reach the conclusion: "nope...logout"

If there are easier ways to get mana pearls, THEN GO DO SOMETHING ELSE AND STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT SITTING AROUND FARMING RARES IF ITS NOT EVEN WORTH YOUR TIME...

10+ Year Old Account
    The rare spawnrates suck for sure. My bigger problem is with some of the quests and the required items being rare along with higher spawn rates. That starfish quest and the one where you kick the carps was just ridiculous. Nazjatar feels like a gigantic deliberate time waste some times. Beautiful otherwise if not a little annoying to navigate but such is Blizzard's way right now.

Mechagon is a lot better overall.

you didnt read my post either.. vanilla rares are not nearly as important as other rares in later expacs.. they are more You see one int he wild and you want to kill it cause it has a chance to drop somthing actually good for your character... but they didnt drop spesific things, thus no one actually "camped" them. the only camped onces sometimes would be dungeon onces. and that almost never happened.

the first time people actually camped rares was in mists when they dropped specific items..... this is not including timelost protodrake which was technically the first rare. but as a whole expac, mists was the first.

Then WoD ruined rares by making them not rare anymore... and they always dropped thier items.. making them common, and usless.
    I did read your post but you need to read back. Other people here are comparing these rares to vanilla. I just wanted to point out how not equal are they. And yes, people didn't really camp rares before mop, maybe achieve hunters for the medium rare and bloody rare achieves. But then the question is: IS THIS WHAT WE HAVE NOW GOOD GAME DESIGN? I would go back to wrath and bc rares in a blink. Some incentive to farm these is amazing. Most of them dropping recolor #1323232 pet, crappy +1 toys on a very shit drop rate? NOPE.

Remember what original rare meant? There was even a tip on the loading screen: "A monster with a silver dragon around its portrait is a rare monster with better than average treasure." And what do you get in 8.2most of the time? A big nothing.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-06-28 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I did read your post but you need to read back. Other people here are comparing these rares to vanilla. I just wanted to point out how not equal are they. And yes, people didn't really camp rares before mop, maybe achieve hunters for the medium rare and bloody rare achieves. But then the question is: IS THIS WHAT WE HAVE NOW GOOD GAME DESIGN? I would go back to wrath and bc rares in a blink. Some incentive to farm these is amazing. Most of them dropping recolor #1323232 pet, crappy +1 toys? NOPE.
    True.. Wrath i farmed rares for fun.. I would rp being a bounty hunter. the rares being the target and the rewards they dropped as the.. well reward.. XD They droped a nice hand full of gold, along with resources, a stack of cloth and sometimes BoE gear. it was awesome... the chests too. the chests in BC-cata were WAY harder to find then vanilla once, but they gave alot.. i find them occasionally in grizzly hills and they drop nice resources.. Cata onces seem to always drop a blue, and they spawn in vanilla zones. (the post cata vanilla zones)

I like that system better then what we have now with rares not being rare. and chests always int he same place and only rewarding AP/azerite... its not fun nor exciting to always get something you really dont care about. especially int he small numbers it gives...

#makeraresandchestsgreatagain

If there are easier ways to get mana pearls, THEN GO DO SOMETHING ELSE AND STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT SITTING AROUND FARMING RARES IF ITS NOT EVEN WORTH YOUR TIME...
    I want to apologise for being so over the top...but im extremely fragile when it comes to manapearls.
    I decided to farm hundreds of manapearls before next patch...and is messing with my head.

Its a huge tease this rares droping between zero to 3 manapearls...its a kick to the teeth for people like me who want to be "full" benthic gear at the end of the patch.

Yes, rares should be scarce. They should take a long time to spawn and be chance encounters for players who roam Nazjatar randomly. But when they are like this they should also be worthwhile when slaying them. When you encounter a rare and feel a slight high it shouldn't be met by the instant realisation that it will probably only drop a grey item and 40 AP. That's just not fun.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

10+ Year Old Account
    You simply dont understand...
    If you keep walking on Nazjatar, you will NEVER kill a rare.
    You need to camp them...and i dont know the spawn timers...but im pretty sure its 1 hour or more.

So tell me

Lets try and figure this out together, plz.
    You want to kill a rare...what do you do?
    Fuck right off, im just runnin around in nazjatar and i killed plenty of rares. So dont come to me with this "i need to camp to kill" bullshit.

Thats mine without camping any rare, so tell me why do you need to camp to find any and i got so many?
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-06-29 at 01:12 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

OH you want to talk MATH with me?

Ok, lets talk about math:

reward per rare: between zero to 3 manapearls
    time spent camping a rare: 1-2 hours

bip boop beep...calculating...conclusion: Not worth the trouble

Great game design according to you? Its great game design to ignore the rares?
    Great game design would be for people to be excited about rares.
    Not "do the math" and reach the conclusion: "nope...logout"
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuude, that is how it SUPPOSE TO BE working. You are NOT suppose to camp them.
    Yes it is great design because they are not mandatory. If they would give greater rewards ppl would be campin them all day all night, like poundfist.
    They are just nice bonus if you happen to get them.

Even the quest rewarding 50 rep suggests it can be safely skipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Fuck right off, im just runnin around in nazjatar and i killed plenty of rares. So dont come to me with this "i need to camp to kill" bullshit.

Thats mine without camping any rare, so tell me why do you need to camp to find any and i got so many?
    And this is me and ive spent at least 12 hours in Nazjatar

You are on a dead realm guaranteed. Probably in america or you are lying.
    Ive spent countless hours in Nazjatar.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-29 at 01:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You simply dont understand...
    If you keep walking on Nazjatar, you will NEVER kill a rare.
    You need to camp them...and i dont know the spawn timers...but im pretty sure its 1 hour or more.
    I don't understand this. I kill half a dozen rares each time I walk around the zone. And I'm not camping or farming them. The kill quest is usually the first one I finish.

Maybe it's the time frame I play. That probably helps.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I don't understand this. I kill half a dozen rares each time I walk around the zone. And I'm not camping or farming them. The kill quest is usually the first one I finish.

Maybe it's the time frame I play. That probably helps.
    On Europe (and my server) is total chaos.

Just so you have an idea, you know when the "special bosses" spawn all at the same time? 5 of them?
    They insta disappear from the map...instantly!

And i just logged in to see if i could find a rare...just because i live in Nazjatar at this point, and ended up having a mini adventure with a random Mage.
    Me and the Mage i found on LFG were debating if we could kill the rare (its a Group rare).
    We ended up engaging just the 2 of us.
    I tanked and almost died at one point...ended up killing the rare...I GOT a pet and 3 mana pearls....do you know what the mage got? NOTHING! Not even 1 manapearl!

I felt so bad i couldnt trade the pet to him

You are on a dead realm guaranteed. Probably in america or you are lying.
    Ive spent countless hours in Nazjatar.
    Oh sweet jesus dude that's not how the game works anymore. There isn't a such thing as a "dead realm" in the world of sharding. A dead realm only effects your ability to join a good guild and the AH economy, not the actual world you quest in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    The blizz defense force is getting paid over time i see
    No kidding.

I feel so bad for op, i guess his veins must all be unusable from injecting instant gratification. This is the first time in over 5 years i have enjoyed hunting for rares, i wonder why that is :thinking:.
    Last edited by keldarepewpew; 2019-06-29 at 09:26 AM.