Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How far along the rep grind are you?

I'm at 5,600/6,000 friendly for the rustbolt and 1,050/12,000 honored for the Unshackled. Just curious for a status update where the rest of the community is
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Nearly the same amount of rep

Yeah, same. Some folks who grind out all the rates are halfway thru honored, but I just do the daily quests and such. We’ll get flying by the time raid comes out

Almost exactly the same. I think I'm about 100 further along with Rustbolt and 1000 less with Unshackled than you, but I missed out on a good two days since I only got to start playing two days after launch.

I haven't even been playing. I'm neutral with ankoan and made friendly with rustbolt.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

2.5k into honored in nazjatar but not friendly yet with mechagnomes, lot of irl stopping the repfarm for me, but got monday off so mechagone then ^^

Nazjatar will be my main focus anyway, Mechagone is more for downtime stuff on my part, except Mechagone dungeon of course!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm 2830 into friendly with Waveblade and 327 into friendly with Rustbolt on my main. I'm not going to rush these reps as the zones and quests are so tedious and bland, me spending more than an hour at a time in the zones simply isn't going to happen.

My alts are unlikely to ever set foot in the zones, they are now essentially benched until the next expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the 3ish week expectation is about right for most people. I'm currently friendly with both and a day or two a way from honored w/ Nazjatar rep.

Honored with both. Doing the pet battle bosses help a lot.

Honoured with both - 1.2k/12k Ankoan and 275/12k Rustbolt, only really doing the dailies/most WQs, not killing every rare

Barely even started. What's the rush of unlocking flying on two continents I already thoroughly quested and explored? I'm going to be mostly on Mechagon and Nazjatar now anyway, and I'm not clear but flying aren't even allowed on those, right? Plus, I'm almost done leveling all my toons anyway, and for the ones left, they wouldn't be able to fly at levels 111, 112, 114, etc., right? It unlocks at level 120 even after you unlocked flying, correct? Even if not, flying barely marginally speeds up leveling and for the toons left to level, timewalking and dungeons is still faster than flying around two continents I'm already tired of questing on.

4/6k nazjatar 0/3 mechagon

100/12000 Unshackled
    5700/6000 Rustbolt

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Barely even started. What's the rush of unlocking flying on two continents I already thoroughly quested and explored? I'm going to be mostly on Mechagon and Nazjatar now anyway, and I'm not clear but flying aren't even allowed on those, right? Plus, I'm almost done leveling all my toons anyway, and for the ones left, they wouldn't be able to fly at levels 111, 112, 114, etc., right? It unlocks at level 120 even after you unlocked flying, correct? Even if not, flying barely marginally speeds up leveling and for the toons left to level, timewalking and dungeons is still faster than flying around two continents I'm already tired of questing on.
    I think you will be able to fly in Nazjatar once you get Pathfinder II.

To make emmisaries/WQ quicker and more efficient for you; gathering treasures; doing things with alts.
    Yes, flying includes Mechagon (is a part of Kul Tiras) and Nazjatar - https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...the-new-zones/
    Flying unlocks for every character you have in the zones, at any level, as it's an account-wide unlock, so yes they can fly at 110
    Incorrect, see above.
    Some people actually like questing, and timewalking isn't always available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Honored with both. Doing the pet battle bosses help a lot.
    I keep seeing this, but why, specifically?

Do those quests drop some hidden item or buff?

About 1000 Honored on both. Mainly doing WQs, and I get easily distracted and I go exploring, only to find rares for slightly more rep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I keep seeing this, but why, specifically?

Do those quests drop some hidden item or buff?
    If it's anything like the rares, they give rep upon defeat. I heard they were the fast way through beta rep grind because they are more numerous. And by fast I mean by the time you get flying you'll be so sick of the game you will stop playing for months.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    About 1000 Honored on both. Mainly doing WQs, and I get easily distracted and I go exploring, only to find rares for slightly more rep.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's anything like the rares, they give rep upon defeat. I heard they were the fast way through beta rep grind because they are more numerous. And by fast I mean by the time you get flying you'll be so sick of the game you will stop playing for months.
    I mean the Rares are 50 Rep a pop. BFD. I just wonder if these are different.

I believe they confirmed flying on mechagon and nazjatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I mean the Rares are 50 Rep a pop. BFD. I just wonder if these are different.
    They are everywhere, and almost always up, that's the big deal. The reason being, no one really gives a shit about pet battles, but for the 15 people with max level pets, these things are everywhere for them.