Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Actually, if servers were capped at whatever number we had in vanilla then you'd be right but since layering is meant to address extreme numbers on servers you can expect multiple times vanilla numbers per server in classic , since there hasn't been any news of auction houses being layered too then you can assume the entire server is sharing a single economy even if players are layered.

The more players there are the more gold exists in the economy and thus the auction becomes more fruitful.
    Except layering isn't a permanent feature; it is meant to smooth the launch only; after a few weeks there will be no layering, and most if not all meaningful farming will likely occur after that point.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Actually, if servers were capped at whatever number we had in vanilla then you'd be right but since layering is meant to address extreme numbers on servers you can expect multiple times vanilla numbers per server in classic , since there hasn't been any news of auction houses being layered too then you can assume the entire server is sharing a single economy even if players are layered.

The more players there are the more gold exists in the economy and thus the auction becomes more fruitful.
    I agree, but it's going to take time.

You have to look at it from an availability perspective, after a month the ah may have 5000g available on it, is OP going to be able to extract 20% of that? Say that goes to 25k gold in 2 months, is OP going to be able to command 4% of the available gold?
    What's the break point where its feasible, that's what I'm getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Except layering isn't a permanent feature; it is meant to smooth the launch only; after a few weeks there will be no layering, and most if not all meaningful farming will likely occur after that point.
    That still wouldn't change the amount of players on a server though.

The thing about layering is that blizzard cannot turn it off so long as a server has a larger than vanilla population , else they'd have to add dynamic respawns to counter-balance the increase in population, so anything short of mass exodus a few weeks into classic is the only reason they'd ever turn off layering.

The fact that they're adding long term changes to layering to limit exploiting layer hopping somewhat confirms my suspicion.

@StillMcfuu

If it took players in 2004 on a server with at most 3k players a month or two to get epic mounts then if you factor the knowledge everyone has about gold making today and multiply that original population several times should end up making the whole process several times shorter.

Obviously we don't have any numbers to back it up but logically speaking, the more players there are the more people will need profession related things to get their pre raid bis , enchants , buffs etc, it's fair to assess that there should be a person with an epic mount somewhere between 2-4 weeks of launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    That still wouldn't change the amount of players on a server though.

The thing about layering is that blizzard cannot turn it off so long as a server has a larger than vanilla population , else they'd have to add dynamic respawns to counter-balance the increase in population, so anything short of mass exodus a few weeks into classic is the only reason they'd ever turn off layering.

The fact that they're adding long term changes to layering to limit exploiting layer hopping somewhat confirms my suspicion.
    Or they may only need to keep layering in entry zones until the rush to start characters has died down. Higher population does not necessarily mean layering must continue, but I agree that it is possible if the population stays really high.

I mean large, not stoned
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I think p2 will drop right after New Year’s, and only pretty hardcore players will be 60 by then. The kinds of players that won’t have a lot of trouble ponying up 1000 gold.

I think a lot of people will hit 60 during the holidays, actually, the game will have been out 4 months and people willfinish it off instead of arguing with their in-laws.
    You think only a handful of people are going to be 60 before new years? News flash, alot of people are going to be level 60 within the first month.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

No, pala and lock can't get their epic mount before DM

But you can still buy normal epic mount like everyone else

I think p2 will drop right after New Year’s, and only pretty hardcore players will be 60 by then. The kinds of players that won’t have a lot of trouble ponying up 1000 gold.
    Sorry, but i don't think so. Getting to 60 isn't as hard as people think, as long as you do a one-time-travel to get even exotic flight-path routes and avoid stranglethorn and long quest chains when you level up.

Hunter will be long 60, Warrior will probably have the hardest time if they don't group together. I want to play priest, and i believe that i might hit 60 long before it. It's 3 months, hardcore player will hit 60 way before november, and in december many players will hit it already. Heck, just grinding will lead to 60 faster than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Taenaeris View Post
    Isn't it going to take approximately 120+ hours /played to get to level 60?
    That's for extreme rushing. Double that for experienced but leisurely-paced leveling, triple it for inexperienced one.

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Hardcore players who rush to lv 60 hit lv 60 anywhere from 1-2 weeks. Average players are 2-4 weeks. or 1 month. while more casual or new players take 2-3 months +

Hell my very first character i ever made back in vanilla. took me a full year to reach 60. lol. but that was because i didnt know shit and had no desire to hit endgame fast. i played and enjoyed the game for what it was.

these days, on private servers it took me 3-4 weeks or so. but that was at 1-2 lv a day after lv 30. ( i like to pace myself. 1-10 in 1 day. then 10-15 or 18 next day. 20-24. and so on untill around lv 30. then i pace 1-2 levels a day)
    I think back then the records for hitting 60 were just under 5 days PLAYED. And these were done by speedrunners with highly optimized routes playing hunter. I'd say you can probably safely add 25% to that for any class besides hunter, and add in any sleep or real life stuff to that and you will easily go over 2 weeks even for the most dedicated non hunters... there were huge disparities on how easy it was to level between classes back then.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    A lot of people are talking about leveling speed, but the real problem is going to be the gold. There will be no economy, and it will take a while to get to a point where there is 1000g available for regular players to make. Not to mention the gold sink of leveling and other costs from just leveling. And then once you make it, if you forsake all other gearing and optimization, you can go get your epic mount.

You'll also need to find someone who leveled just as quickly as you did and did their professions, to make the arcanite bar.
    Farming gold is not that hard in vanilla. There are some spots that can net you 50G+ an hour, so getting to 1k gold really isn't that bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by INVASMANIXOXOXO View Post
    I think back then the records for hitting 60 were just under 5 days PLAYED. And these were done by speedrunners with highly optimized routes playing hunter. I'd say you can probably safely add 25% to that for any class besides hunter, and add in any sleep or real life stuff to that and you will easily go over 2 weeks even for the most dedicated non hunters... there were huge disparities on how easy it was to level between classes back then.
    I leveled every class to 60 in vanilla, and priest was actually the fastest for me (also one of the last, so that may have something to do with it). Shadow priests take off after 40, and their leveling is very, very fast. I hit 60 in 4.5 days played on my priest, and that was about a day faster than I could do on my hunter or mage.

Of course, I farmed the shit out of some trolls in the Hinterlands from like 40-48, so that may have been why.

I think a lot of people will hit 60 during the holidays, actually, the game will have been out 4 months and people willfinish it off instead of arguing with their in-laws.
    p2 will drop b4 blizzcon lmao

If i remember correctly, you still have to have over 300g to get the mats to get your mount. 300g is hard to get, also you need the need the key to enter DM, without a rogue. I enjoyed offering my services as gate opener as a rogue. I still have the mats on my WL to do this quest, I could not delete those three items. Such is a WL.

Quote Originally Posted by INVASMANIXOXOXO View Post
    Im talking generalizations from private servers. Its better data from private servers due to people having more knowledge. things can change though as many npcs didnt have thier proper scripting on those servers.

World first will prolly only take a few days while the main pack will be lv 20-30 ish or less. But a minimal amount of hardcore will take anywhere from 1 week to 2 weeks. thats not including /played. im talking calendar days.

You think only hardcore people will hit 60 in 4 months? Share what you have been smoking please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    You think only a handful of people are going to be 60 before new years? News flash, alot of people are going to be level 60 within the first month.
    Within the first 2 weeks really.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

10+ Year Old Account

You severely underestimate the leveling speed in Vanilla. Yes it's slow, but not that slow. A decent player will be 60 way before 2020. We will have hundreds of 60s the first month and handful the first week.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    You severely underestimate the leveling speed in Vanilla. Yes it's slow, but not that slow. A decent player will be 60 way before 2020. We will have hundreds of 60s the first month and handful the first week.
    Oh yah, but don't forget these forums are an echo chamber of the 1%. On live, probably 95%+ of players never even log on to the forums. With classic it's probably much higher, but still.

What I'm saying is that the tens of thousands masses that play under 10 hours a week are gonna start showing up at 60 around the holidays.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    You think only hardcore people will hit 60 in 4 months? Share what you have been smoking please.

- - - Updated - - -

Within the first 2 weeks really.
    Yea that wouldn't surprise me either
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    As a lock player from classic, that thing came in late. And it takes a lot to get the 100% speed month's gold req.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Everyone playing the game will hit 60 long before New Years. Vanilla was only difficult because nobody knew wtf they were doing 15 years ago. Everyone knows how to play the game now.
    You don't know that. No one will be 60 by 2020. It's irrelevant how difficult classic will be, you still need to put in a minimum amount of time to get there. The world record too something like 116 hours. No one will beat that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

You don't want a mana mount anyway

It's not as bad as a paladin mount. But if some one counter spells your shadow tree....You're not mounting til that spell lock ends

And obviously if you have no mana you're not mounting without a tap

It does look cool tho