Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Let me rephrase. The excuses have always been lame, and Alliance has always turned a blind eye to their own dead, lost towns and cities, and what should be economic catastrophes. Since they aren't remotely interested in writing for Alliance, thereby showing a sane reaction to all this, why should we believe for a second that THIS TIME the Alliance will actually remember any of the Horde's chimping out?

I'll see your copypasta and raise you some off the top of my head OC:

Jaina: Hello friend.
    Night Elf: Oh it's you.
    Jaina: We must save Baine.
    Night Elf: Why? He helped Sylvanas murder her way through our lands and burn most of our people to death!
    Jaina: He's everything good with the Horde.
    Saurfang: I agree.
    Night Elf: It's you, the bastard who led the Horde through our lands! Prepare to die, you filthy...
    Jaina: I know you hate the Horde, but we must be friends right now for Baine.
    Night Elf: Why?
    Jaina: Baine is Anduin’s friend.
    Night Elf: The same little snot nose who refused to help us reclaim our lands so he could go piss on the Zandalari, Elune knows why?
    Shaw: Yes, but they MIGHT have joined the Horde despite holding them in contempt as lesser beings.
    Night Elf: But attacking them guaranteed they'd join!
    Jaina: Look let's not discuss facts here, we're here to save Baine.
    Night Elf: Fuck that, we're not helping these bastards, all it ever got us was losing lands and countless lives while people like Anduin said we need to heal the Horde.
    Shaw: But look, Thrall and Saurfang are very sad about things!
    Night Elf: No, enough is enough.
    Jaina: Fine, you don't get to be in the cinematic or get credit for Hyjal.
    You forget the "But thou must" being chanted by the peace brigade.

I'll see your copypasta and raise you some off the top of my head OC:
    Kek. This has real potential as a snowclone. It's just so easily applicable to so much in this expansion.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I think they made that cinematic because they couldn't buy the rights to use this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y05eFDQnSfE

Starring:
    John Cleese as the Horde
    Grieving peasants as the Alliance rank and file
    Michael Palin as Anduin
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Goody Goody Honor Horde is such trash.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am sure Tyrande is totally in for peace with the Horde, countless night elves dead, spilt milk.
    Tyrande is going through a severe case of humanpotential-itis. Can't blame her though, the disease was limited to Alliance races (mostly) before MoP, but now it seems that !@#$ has metastasized all across Azeroth, because everyone and his grandma are falling prey to it. This is worse than Old God stuff - at least those tentacled guys have their charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    People who enjoy the Faction War nonsense are going to have to get used to the fact that they are outnumbered by the ones who are sick and tired of the same old BS. The Alliance and Horde have teamed up in every single Expansion since BC. And something always seems to ruin that, one way or another.
    The constant falling back to the faction war is neither on us nor on characters like Sylvi. It's all on the writers, on Blizz. They are writing the story. They ruin the peace every single time. So it's nice for you to be in the majority who is fed up with this nonsense. Better tell this Blizz because the next time they need a conflict we will be back to the faction war again and the peace will be ruined again.

- - - Updated - - -

Night Elf: Fuck that, we're not helping these bastards, all it ever got us was losing lands and countless lives while people like Anduin said we need to heal the Horde.
    You don't even need to help them at all. My character was more or less sleeping for the entire scenario, except for the parts for when I have to click something to progress. I mean, you're still forced to "be there" but nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    They aren't even talking about W3 : In W3 the tree literally burned.
    Nope, you are wrong. It did not burn like Teldrassil. It was sacrificed to kill Archimonde, not really the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    You don't even need to help them at all. My character was more or less sleeping for the entire scenario, except for the parts for when I have to click something to progress. I mean, you're still forced to "be there" but nothing else
    Odd, you mean we don't get a choice to participate or not? Gosh, but the Horde gets to make choices. I wonder what the difference is.

Were things written remotely logically, NElf policy towards any Horde member should be kill on sight, WC3 style. Hell, that should apply to the Alliance as a whole, but so long as we have Saint Anduin throwing his own people under the bus to "heal" the mass murdering psychopaths, we're stuck with this crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    You've made me proud. Have the excellent Zandalari copypasta to match your excellent post:
    I think the faction war is ridiculous at this point in wow's story but then again the story is so all over the place war and peace both make no sense. That copypasta makes me laugh because its another example of wtf is blizzard thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think the faction war is ridiculous at this point in wow's story but then again the story is so all over the place war and peace both make no sense. That copypasta makes me laugh because its another example of wtf is blizzard thinking.
    That's what we call a stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I will forever be confused as to why people hate peace between the Alliance and Horde so much
    Many people feel that peace inhibits drama, which is the engine on which the Warcraft universe runs. The internecine Horde/Alliance conflict also brings a spate of variety to the other primary conflict of WoW: the threat of third party villains (Old Gods, Twilight Cult, Legion, Void, etc.)
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

They could simply merge ppl that want peace on one side, and warmongers on the other side.

When every expansion is about uniting the 2 factions to fight the great evil of the hour together you might aswell get rid of the factions. You can still use tension between people to build drama if you want to.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Many people feel that peace inhibits drama, which is the engine on which the Warcraft universe runs. The internecine Horde/Alliance conflict also brings a spate of variety to the other primary conflict of WoW: the threat of third party villains (Old Gods, Twilight Cult, Legion, Void, etc.)
    Ah right, almost forgot all those completely ineffective villains, how dramatic.

Hey look, they just killed a dozen redshirts, woah I am truly at the edge of my seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    They could simply merge ppl that want peace on one side, and warmongers on the other side.
    That this can even be entertained is really a huge issue since in BFA the conflict is so comically black and white that the only positions one can reasonably take is their meta level preference, with any in-story moral debate being pointless. I.e, do you prefer the Unifaction of flawless identical hangers-on or a conflict enabled solely by a mustache-twirling caricature with as much screentime as motivation.

In an ideal world, this wouldn't even be a question. The struggles between races and within blocs are interesting because they are human and tackle more approachable and familiar themes, such as cultural clashes, contests over resources and the like. Additionally, there's a lot of investment in the races and factions since they are what we play, so they are the vector through which we experience the story. It has the added benefit of, when done on a regional rather than worldwide scale, being capable of resulting in actual conclusions. This is not the case for a worldwide faction war, which due to Blizzard's hesitation must always end in a poor copout or especially the worldwide threats, which have the same problem of always having a predetermined outcome - us winning with minimal real loss, but also carry this over into regional struggles.

Zandalar is probably the first exception in ages with the bad guys actually accomplishing things, but it completely undoes itself by the end. Compare and contrast things like Stormheim, Hillsbrad, etc.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

But doesn't it get boring? Oh look, we're fighting the reds/ blues again. I truly hope BFA is the end of the faction conflict
    And fighting another generic monster of the week villain and their kooky scheme doomed to failure isnt boring?

15+ Year Old Account
    The major issue with faction war, in WoW, is that there's no 'change'. You have these static leveling zones where Alliance kill horde, horde kill alliance and literally nothing changes.

The game wasn't ever built for a proper faction war in mind.

Warhammer Online had a pretty good set-up for this. You had two main factions (Order v. Chaos) and then three sub-factions (Elves v. Dark Elves, Order Humans v. Chaos Humans, and Dwarves v. Orks). What made it unique was that you could destroy towns and cities, you would raid their capitals and kill their racial leaders, which forced unique situations on people.

I remember logging in once (I was Chaos Human til they released the Dark Elven Tank) and seeing my capital in ruins and all these new quests everywhere.

It was sort of like Vanilla AV -- turn in supplies, rebuild and recruit... and it felt like there was a tangible difference.

You can't do that in WoW. The whole idea of a faction war is sort of a joke at this point and everything feels incredibly hamfisted at this point... they could do so much with the storyline if they got rid of the faction war...

Or... made it so it had proper, tangible impact. Let the horde destroy Teldrassil. Let the alliance rebuild Teldrassil. Give people something to work towards, gives everyone something to work towards. PvPers could have unique 'bounty' style quests that could have them turn in body parts, which lowers the 'threat' in an area. Less threat means NPCs feel more comfortable coming back. Tradeskill people could put their resources to building stuff specifically for the rebuilding effort, and be rewarded with gold, rep, unique items, etc.

Just spitballing ideas. But you get the point.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    But doesn't it get boring? Oh look, we're fighting the reds/ blues again. I truly hope BFA is the end of the faction conflict
    I tend to agree, but I guess it kind of boils down to a question of taste. I find WoW to be at its best when we're facing external threats - the Scourge, Illidan/Kil'jaeden, the Lich King, Deathwing, etc. etc. Even MoP, for me, was at its best when were exploring the new land and encountering its threats: the Sha, hostile Mantid, the Thunder King, and so on. The faction conflict just never really worked for me personally in WoW, but YMMV of course.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And fighting another generic monster of the week villain and their kooky scheme doomed to failure isnt boring?
    Not as much, because their faces change. The factions never change, or rather can't afford to change too much. Even when leaders die, Blizzard would never risk losing the entire cast. That'd be commercial suicide.

Big bad villains are expendable, characters like Jaina are not. Players need a form of reliable consistency and the game needs a stable marketable face for customers to recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Not as much, because their faces change. The factions never change, or rather can't afford to change too much. Even when leaders die, Blizzard would never risk losing the entire cast. That'd be commercial suicide.

Big bad villains are expendable, characters like Jaina are not. Players need a form of reliable consistency and the game needs a stable marketable face for customers to recognize.
    I would say Blizzard is doing the biggest error the DC and Marvel universe did, the heroes are only great when they face great foes or adversities like nature/cosmic disaster. Arthas, Illidan, Kael and others to name a few have a lot more of pull and weight than Jaina, Sylvanas or any of the faction leaders because they were something outside of the generic trope and were excellent challenges to overcome or even work alongside them but since they were early expansion fodder, we got zero time to develop more villains and the characters are hollow because the PC took out most of their arcs/interactions with big names.

Kinda wish some Kel vs Jaina battle or some epic team up against the lich king or even the dread feeling of surviving at all cost while facing Archimonde, those things were out because blizzard leaves everything to the PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself