Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

[Rant] 8.2 is just like legion's 7.3

So this patch is basically the same thing as 7.3... They introduce the forge system and make the mindless artifact power grind a little less detrimental. I played for about 3 hours and it honestly just felt like a cookie cutter patch. 2/10 in quality.

Thanks for the deep insights, I'm sure to ask your secretary to make a note in your diary since you seem to have mistaken this forum for one\.

Quote Originally Posted by Romarii View Post
    So this patch is basically the same thing as 7.3... They introduce the forge system and make the mindless artifact power grind a little less detrimental. I played for about 3 hours and it honestly just felt like a cookie cutter patch. 2/10 in quality.
    Please, leave, and never come back

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Please, leave, and never come back
    Calm down Gollum

7+ Year Old Account
    2.0 is like 1.0
    3.0 is like 2.0
    4.0 is like 3.0
    5.0 is like 4.0
    6.0 is like 5.0
    7.0 is like 6.0
    8.0 is like 7.0
    all they did was add new zones, raids, quests, and a new system or two plus a race/class
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Then stop playing and save us all your senseless QQ.

I like 8.2 but you are absolutely correct if you look at it objectively. Many parallels and honestly it's fine. 7.3 (in terms of content) was a good patch so why not use it again. In the end all content is just a different paint-job. So best use the paint on things that were good.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Thanks for the deep insights, I'm sure to ask your secretary to make a note in your diary since you seem to have mistaken this forum for one\.
    Thanks for the insights, I'm sure that you really managed to discredit OP's point lmao.

More on topic, it's somewhat better than Argus imo, if only because the MOBA-like Nazjatar is accompanied by Mechagon, which is quite cool
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

But Ion said it's a "love letter to the fans"....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    the MOBA-like Nazjatar
    I fail to see the connection between a MOBA game and Nazjatar.

So you didn't really try the content, you just drew parallels and said screw it, probably before even trying out Mechagon by the looks of it. What's even worse is that didn't even puit any effort in to your rant post. Great rant 1/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    I fail to see the connection between a MOBA game and Nazjatar.
    Congratulations sir you have a brain!

8.2 is better than 7.3. The additions to the neck are better than the horrible wheel-of-luck-crucible and Azshara+Nazjatar are actually important, instead of a fanfiction-version of Argus with nameless puppets and on-the-spot-inventions to fight. It would honestly be extremely hard to beat 7.3 as one of the worst patches ever. I mean....i cannot really think of a SINGLE good feature of 7.3...and i'm trying. 8.2 has some good lore, Mechagon, which will be a great dungeon (7.3 had one of the worst ever...) and like i said...the additions to the neck are better than the crucible was.

Does that mean i love the patch and give it 10/10? No. There is a lot of stuff i don't like and i DO share the sentiment that it really is a cooky-cutter-patch where they went down the list and checked the boxes....i also think the one-time-introduction questline has too few wow-moments.

But it defintly is better than 7.3 in every way possible. If 7.3 would have actually taken us to Argus, homeworld of the Legion, Thrown World of Sargeras, Forge of the most powerful and destructive creatures this universe has ever seen....instead of some boring shithole-3-zones filled with crap and nobodies....well...maybe someday they will understand they burned the grand finale against the most powerful force of destruction in the known universe for a shit-patch and give us something actually worth the name "Argus".
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-06-30 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Thanks for the insights, I'm sure that you really managed to discredit OP's point lmao.

More on topic, it's somewhat better than Argus imo, if only because the MOBA-like Nazjatar is accompanied by Mechagon, which is quite cool
    Thanks, though taking praise from someone who thinks Nazjatar closely resembles a MOBA might be a little bit too much. I'd rather have intelligent beings praise my insights, but I'll take it this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    2.0 is like 1.0
    3.0 is like 2.0
    4.0 is like 3.0
    5.0 is like 4.0
    6.0 is like 5.0
    7.0 is like 6.0
    8.0 is like 7.0
    all they did was add new zones, raids, quests, and a new system or two plus a race/class
    Pretty much this, what did you expect? It's what I expected, new zones, quests and grinds.

Hadn't played for ages, so tried it out, better than I expected, but my expectations were low.

Think it's far better than 7.3, I hated Argus.

I didn't really like Argus at all. Hate the looks of Antoran Wastes and Krokuun (Mac'aree was okay), the awful terraining, the use of teleports to get around, the invasion portals which were just an AFK fest, the dungeon that is 95% reused assests with the only exception being the small interior inside the temple, at least the raid itself was alright. And the timegating was beyond awful.

I haven't seen all of Nazjatar and Mechagon yet, but so far it looks like a major improvement over both Broken Shore and Argus. I'm not a fan of the terraining of Nazjatar but it will get better once flying is unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Calm down Gollum
    I haven't seen this particular insult yet. Is he "Gollum" because Wow is his "Precious"? That's kind of funny. LOL

As to the patch, I am kind of enjoying Mech, hating Naj... Mech feels like you are discovering things and exploring. Naz feels like you are in a trap and you have to do slave labor to escape? It's little more forgiving with goblin gliders and/or moonkin or being a DH. But it still isn't fun. I can only collect so many things in this game before I break my addiction.

I really wish there was rehab and my insurance would cover it. A nice place in Colorado, with no internet... ah dreams.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Thanks, though taking praise from someone who thinks Nazjatar closely resembles a MOBA might be a little bit too much. I'd rather have intelligent beings praise my insights, but I'll take it this time.
    Unless you are a moonkin or a DH, Nazjatar feels like a trap you have to do slave work to escape from. There are very few mobs-free pathways, and the overall layout is very similar to Argus, which felt really MOBA-like, with your base on one of the map edges and the enemy base on the other. Geez, for all your brainy talk, you look fairly unable to go beyond the narrowest meaning of words.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    I haven't seen this particular insult yet. Is he "Gollum" because Wow is his "Precious"? That's kind of funny. LOL
    Not really an insult. It's because of this particular scene in Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers: (I think I've timed it correctly, hopefully)
    https://youtu.be/NB2CNr692RE?t=113

Die hard fans of the LOTR franchise would know the reference.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Hows your guild doing?

What rank are you in current PVP, whats your raider IO?

These questions should be asked of everyone being a sad panda right now.

Keep at it and you will learn that the game has a lot to do.