Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    These people trashing metal have no taste or ears for quality.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Country Rap. The two worst genres combined into an even greater monstrosity that has no right to exist.

7+ Year Old Account
    For me that would be Rap/Hiphop (only very vew songs out of that are even worth to listen to) and that "music" which skrillex or "musicans" like him do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Pop(popular) music and any genre infected by pop music like pop-metal, or any other pop-genre.
    I never understood why people hate popular things just because they are popular. Is it an acting cool or special snowflake thing? Genuinely curious. It cant be just a sound thing since there are countless different styles and genres of pop music that if you hated them all because of the sound then you probably hate all music in general, which is unlikely. Is it because it brings a lot of people into a previously smaller fan group? Is it because people listening to pop metal think they are metalheads and for some reason that act makes you dislike the sound of some music?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    These people trashing metal have no taste or ears for quality.
    Most people who trash the metal genre think it's all screamo and have never listened to an actual metal song all the way through, most of them switch song within 10 seconds of hearing a metal style guitar sound or vocals. I actually proved this theory doing a survey for school a few years ago. Happy to say I also converted a few friends who previously trashed metal for these reasons by making them listen to a few real songs all the way through.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

probably techno and all those dance music garbo variants.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I never understood why people hate popular things just because they are popular. Is it an acting cool or special snowflake thing? Genuinely curious. It cant be just a sound thing since there are countless different styles and genres of pop music that if you hated them all because of the sound then you probably hate all music in general, which is unlikely. Is it because it brings a lot of people into a previously smaller fan group? Is it because people listening to pop metal think they are metalheads and for some reason that act makes you dislike the sound of some music?
    Mainly because to be "pop" it has to have broad appeal, which, in many genres, means watered down, palatable stuff that doesn't do anything interesting musically.

edit: I submit Nickelback, for your consideration, and the "pop rock" fad of the early 00s. They did nothing interesting musically and had widespread success for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Most people who trash the metal genre think it's all screamo and have never listened to an actual metal song all the way through, most of them switch song within 10 seconds of hearing a metal style guitar sound or vocals. I actually proved this theory doing a survey for school a few years ago. Happy to say I also converted a few friends who previously trashed metal for these reasons by making them listen to a few real songs all the way through.
    It is not necessarily hated just because it is popular. It is hated because popular music and other art forms follow a particular format or formula that is easy for the typical masses to digest. This makes it boring and unthoughtful. They often take something that was really good and dumb it down to make it more acceptable to more people. Then they ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Mainly because to be "pop" it has to have broad appeal, which, in many genres, means watered down, palatable stuff that doesn't do anything interesting musically.

edit: I submit Nickelback, for your consideration, and the "pop rock" fad of the early 00s. They did nothing interesting musically and had widespread success for doing so.
    In Nickleback's case it's weird, because you can say they don't do anything interesting musically and people love to joke about hating them.. but they an insanely successful band with hundreds of millions of fans. I think what you mean to say is they don't do anything musically interesting to you, if they hadn't done anything interesting to everyone then they wouldn't be where they are now. I enjoy them personally, as I enjoy a lot of other "pop" metal/rock bands or songs, but I also enjoy more traditional heavy metal at the same time. My point is if it sounds good, it's catchy, and enjoyable to listen to, what does it matter if it breaks a pre-determined mold?

I have some friends like that who dislike songs just because they are "radio friendly metal" even if they are genuinely enjoyable to listen to, really annoys me sometimes. We're not in high school anymore, you're not going to get lynched for stepping outside the boundaries of your stereotype.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    It is not necessarily hated just because it is popular. It is hated because popular music and other art forms follow a particular format or formula that is easy for the typical masses to digest. This makes it boring and unthoughtful. They often take something that was really good and dumb it down to make it more acceptable to more people. Then they ruin it.
    It's an interesting line of reasoning, but you could also ask is it really a bad thing if a song appeals to more people than other songs from the same band? One metal band I find a lot of people point fingers at for doing what you talk about is Five Finger Death Punch, have a lot of traditionally heavy metal songs, but also a few radio friendly pop metal ones - but they are still enjoyable to listen to, and they've reached more people with their music greatly expanding their fan base and probably even creating more metalheads as a result. You can call that a bad thing, but technically it's an improvement, no?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Country - the worst.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I will go with classical music , can't stand it.
    Classical music in the broadest sense spans across several time periods, from medieval times until present. There are many different genres and forms of classical music.
    Here, have a look: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._genres_by_era

So, what classical music have you listened to and why can't you stand it? =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Punk

and also K-pop is absoloute garbage

Hate: Pop, K-Pop and J-Pop. Imagine Dragons.

Love: Metal, Rock, Classical, House, Psytrance, and Psybient.

I don't really have an opinion of Rap and Country, just not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Rap and country
    Quoting in complete agreement.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rap, especially mumble or gangsta trash.

5+ Year Old Account
    modern folk / hipster
    Kupo.

It's the kind of thing you realize there are more and more genres you don't like, the more and more you think about it.

Of the more modern genres, anything with overproduced auto-tune shit in your average pop/hip hop song.

I hate both kinds... Country and Western.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

New pop music. Here I am the gym, wanting to lift. But these weak-ass songs just ruin it for me. "I remember back in 2002", bitch I don't care what you did in 2002. "Spent the weekend, getting heated" - a man whose voice is more high-pitched than mine, it's like something sharp in my ears. They had this top 40 list (names never mentioned) and they all sounded the same, nothing interesting, just slowpaced and full of nonsense.

I like metal, raprock, electronic rock (though I've still got plenty to explore with the latter, I'm enjoying some Celldweller and Blue Stahli).

I need the speed and sometimes the anger!

Metal head originally, but some of the lyrics make absolutely no sense :P I read it (because I can't make out 100 % of what they sing) but I don't comprehend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

7+ Year Old Account
    rap/hip hop

7+ Year Old Account
    Reggaeton
    Rap
    Cumbia
    Bachata
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.