Thread: Thrall x Jaina

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Thrall x Jaina

Just watched the Crossroads video and Nobbel's response. That arm touch + zoomed in shot seems a bit too intentional.

What's your opinion? Innocent comforting touch or are the two getting some sort of romantic development? Aggra was strangely absent in one of the previous cinematics.

Perhaps intentional in order to generate hype? Or simply an nod to the shippers?

A political marriage between the two would have made sense, if he wasn't already married.

Why in the world are the people still talking about this nonsenses? Metzen himself said he hated that ship and the reason why he made Aggra, the warcraft fandom is reaching to Warner Channel levels of cringeness with shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Why in the world are the people still talking about this nonsenses? Metzen himself said he hated that ship and the reason why he made Aggra, the warcraft fandom is reaching to Warner Channel levels of cringeness with shipping.
    Retconning Aggra out of the game would be one of the best possible retcons I've seen in comics/movies/games since the 80s.

I've wanted Thrall X Jaina for 15 years

Get that freaky shit in here, son!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Why in the world are the people still talking about this nonsenses?
    Ask Blizzard, that whole scene was reminiscent of a high schooler talking with his crush. Including the heavy sighing when one of his buddies gestures over at the girl because he wants him to go talk to her.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's to show they're still on friendly terms with one another despite everything. I sincerely doubt that either has any sort of romantic intentions towards each other, save for what people force into existence by way of 'shipping'.

Thrall is happy with Aggra and they have a child, unless the writers decide to off said spouse and child to hamfist the relationship.

Also, HEK HEK HEK.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Retconning Aggra out of the game would be one of the best possible retcons I've seen in comics/movies/games since the 80s.

I hadn't wanted it at all until the Crossroads vid, you could cut that sexual tension with a spork.

Christ you people never give up. This is almost as bad as Wrathion x Anduin.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Just watched the Crossroads video and Nobbel's response. That arm touch + zoomed in shot seems a bit too intentional.

What's your opinion? Innocent comforting touch or are the two getting some sort of romantic development? Aggra was strangely absent in one of the previous cinematics.

Perhaps intentional in order to generate hype? Or simply an nod to the shippers?

A political marriage between the two would have made sense, if he wasn't already married.
    people like you shouldnt have internet

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-07-01 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

you could cut that sexual tension with a spork.
    Simply your own delusions. There was zero "sexual tension", try to understand friendship a little bit.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post

Thrall is happy with Aggra and they have a child, unless the writers decide to off said spouse and child to hamfist the relationship.
    Let's be real, that's exactly how Blizzard handles most character development

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Simply your own delusions. There was zero "sexual tension", try to understand friendship a little bit.
    Well I don't caress married men's muscle-y arms myself, not sure what other women do around married men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Christ you people never give up. This is almost as bad as Wrathion x Anduin.
    Now that's just gay, yo.

Anduin and Baine however..........hoo(f) boy......
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Now that's just gay, yo.

Anduin and Baine however..........hoo(f) boy......
    If we're talking boy-animal shipping then I'd go with Anduin + Genn. Very naughty age difference there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think it was more about re-connection in the platonic sense - Jaina overcoming much of the distance she had put between herself and Thrall, who had once been a good friend, and trying to recapture what they had lost due to everything that had happened since. A willingness to allow herself to connect again. Physicality means a lot, even in the platonic sense; you can practically tell Jaina is still closed off and armored during the scene near Thunder Bluff. Thrall's admission of getting things wrong, an ironic echo of the feeling that has dogged Jaina since MoP, struck her as a form of epiphany - allowing her to see, once more, that the differences between herself and Thrall are mostly physical and not essential to either of their natures.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I agree that if I watched that video having no idea who anybody was, I would have suspected romantic interest, or maybe a romantic history. If Thrall was single I might still wonder, but there is zero chance Blizzard would go down the affair or divorce route with them. Too bad too, cause if I ever shipped any couple of Warcraft characters, it would have been Alleria and Illidan pairing off in Legion.

100% thirst. Jaina is super hot for Thrall confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I agree that if I watched that video having no idea who anybody was, I would have suspected romantic interest, or maybe a romantic history. If Thrall was single I might still wonder, but there is zero chance Blizzard would go down the affair or divorce route with them. Too bad too, cause if I ever shipped any couple of Warcraft characters, it would have been Alleria and Illidan pairing off in Legion.
    My suspicion was that Blizzard/Sylvanas might kill her off.

Why do people always pair off characters from different races? Why? This is a world with rules, and those rules involve that being considered abnormal. Literally the only cases of it ever happening without crime are between High Elves and Humans. Why is it that suddenly we have to try and force relationships between Night Elves and Blood Elves and Humans and Orcs?

And don't tell me about the comics, they were retconned, and don't tell me about the movie, it was shit.

I don't really care about Aggra but she is the only orc thing that Thrall has and also they already have 2 little spawns, doesn't feel right but then again 2 losers finding love between each other is something I expect from current Blizzard

Ask Blizzard, that while scene was reminiscent of a high schooler talking with his crush. Including the heavy sighing when one of his buddies gestures over at the girl because he wants him to go talk to her.
    Literally every cinematic in this expansion had been so cringey that "I AM MY SCARS" and "DRAENOR IS FREE" looks like some masterpiece, I won't read to much besides of some lowly ship tease because now they are copying anime tactics of selling drama
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    A male and female can't simply be friends. No, they absolutely must be romantically involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think it was more about re-connection in the platonic sense - Jaina overcoming much of the distance she had put between herself and Thrall, who had once been a good friend, and trying to recapture what they had lost due to everything that had happened since. A willingness to allow herself to connect again. Physicality means a lot, even in the platonic sense; you can practically tell Jaina is still closed off and armored during the scene near Thunder Bluff. Thrall's admission of getting things wrong, an ironic echo of the feeling that has dogged Jaina since MoP, struck her as a form of epiphany - allowing her to see, once more, that the differences between herself and Thrall are mostly physical and not essential to either of their natures.
    You're probably right but at the very least I suspect that the writers put that touch in for speculation/hype.

Beyond the possible interest/shipping, it was refreshing to see Thrall get some actual character development that felt real/dynamic. Admitting his mistakes is significant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Why do people always pair off characters from different races? Why? This is a world with rules, and those rules involve that being considered abnormal. Literally the only cases of it ever happening without crime are between High Elves and Humans. Why is it that suddenly we have to try and force relationships between Night Elves and Blood Elves and Humans and Orcs?

And don't tell me about the comics, they were retconned, and don't tell me about the movie, it was shit.
    What's the lore PoV on half-breeds? I personally don't care about cross-ships and don't normally ship anything at all. I am however a sucker for situations involving prolonged sexual tension, like with Mulder and Scully from X-Files.