Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool July, BBQ and Summer

So, for American posters the Fourth of July is almost here. For most of us -- except for strange folks who live on the upside down part of the planet and think it is winter -- summer is here in full force. It might be summer break, you might have a vacation planned, you may simply be in a mood for BBQ and beer. I'll chime in later, but I don't want to start this off sounding like a blog post. It's meant to be a question and I'm interested in how the month is shaping up for posters who are scattered all over the place and have various backgrounds.

How does the month look for you, anything exciting? How about you strange folks on the upside down part of the planet who think it is winter? It seems too early for proper Christmas markets and I'd think the drop bears would be a problem!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Just going to have some relaxing time with my girlfriend, got back from our SE asia trip just a few days ago. Maybe some BBQing with friends.

My annual tradition of running around naked, shooting fireworks from around my head

10+ Year Old Account
    My family always does a party on July 4th, so I'll go to that and eat bbq and wings. Other than that, I've got an online course to take for my teacher's license starting July 1st. Not much else outside the normal routine. Counting down the days to Fall so I can enjoy the weather again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting back into bicycling, doing some hikes, gardening, tanning. Basically the stuff that can only be done for about 4 months of year, it's being done.

10+ Year Old Account
    going to relax in my pool. probably drown a few draenei.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I'm on call for work so I'll be sitting at home playing video games while I wait for the phone to ring.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Mid week Fourth of July calls for a hell of a long weekend if you planned it right. Hello poolside and brewskis .

I might be odd but i find most BBQ items to not be good? With the only exception is grilled corn but i enjoy the gatherings if that help. I also enjoy the firework shows / displays that people do they are fun depending on who goes nuts. The loud dirt bike / motorcycle stuff also annoys the hell out of me as i want to just sit on the porch and drink tea while the birds are chirping.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    I might be odd but i find most BBQ items to not be good? With the only exception is grilled corn but i enjoy the gatherings if that help. I also enjoy the firework shows / displays that people do they are fun depending on who goes nuts. The loud dirt bike / motorcycle stuff also annoys the hell out of me as i want to just sit on the porch and drink tea while the birds are chirping.
    You're eating the wrong bbq then.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    You're eating the wrong bbq then.
    I am not a fan of hotdogs/brats/mets. Thinking back i enjoy sliced potatoes with onions and peppers and kebobs. I would also enjoy a burger. I have never had anything with BBQ sauce made on a grill and i wont lie i am a terrible cook so there is that also.

Personally I hate the whole seasonal stuff, because people overdo it. Some of my friends would literally have BBQs daily if they could and some are approximating it fairly closely as well. Same with asparagus season when seemingly every meal needs to be centered around a so-so tasting vegetable.

As for how the month looks, well, since I don't have kids I will be the one to man the station at work, since most of my collegues will be on vacation with their brats due to schools being closed here around that time. I think I have one week somewhere in the middle between July and August. I hope the building crew will finally be done with the most annoying work, as they tend to drive me nuts in the afternoons when they got at it full force..

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    going to relax in my pool. probably drown a few draenei.
    You and what army?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    You and what army?
    me and alleria and the sin'dorei army. bring it hussies. i mean i need floats and drowning draenei will do the job.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    My plans for the next 2 weeks consist of sitting in my room playing video games, only occasionally interrupted by having to do things like go outside to buy food, or make said food. After that, who knows. Probably the same, but with a bit more social interaction.

BBQ, chilling at the water, traveling, party party, doing all good things.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    It falls on a Thursday this year, so I'm kinda hoping that means a 4-day weekend. We haven't discussed it yet, but we usually do that when some paid holiday off falls on a Thursday.

I usually have a cookout with family and shoot some fireworks. Nothing fancy, just the standard burgers/hotdogs/wings. Nothing really fancy on the fireworks either. I used to be really big on those huge fireworks from the "barely legal" section, but not so much anymore because that gets expensive.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    My July is fully booked! My first weekend without plans is the third week of August. This is why my summers are so fast!

July 3-7: Going to my friends cabin in northern Minnesota (4 hr drive). It's incredibly beautiful and peaceful.
    July 12th: My friend from California is coming to visit.
    July 13th: Kayaking and tubing down the river trip. Somewhat large group of 12-15 of us.
    July 19-21: Visiting my friend in Chicago that I haven't seen in 2 years.
    July 26-28: Nerdcon Gaming Event at my friends house. Just a bunch of friends from all over Minnesota come together a couple times a year to play video games, board games and outdoor games.
    Aug 3-10: Going to my parents timeshare on a beautiful lake 2 hours north of me.

Just had my back yard finished (new house) and plan to bbq at least twice a week. I'm still looking for good grilling tips for burgers.

I like barbecue.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland