8.2 Catch-up for alts/rerolls

8.2 Seems like the perfect time to jump back in after an extended break and that's exactly what I've done. I took a break after Uldir and conditions at work allow me to try to get back into raiding, this time on a completely new character that hit 120 yesterday.

This patch seems to add quite a few catch-up mechanics, but what is now the most efficient way to get raid-ready in about 2.5 weeks? I'd like to come to a priority list to spend my time on. Some of the things I noted down, but not ranked yet (from the perspective of someone who is not doing structured raiding until the new raid comes out):

• Nazjatar questline & dailies for Benthic upgrades.
    • AP WQ to get your neck level up.
    • M+ as of the 9th with the new gear levels.
    • Old LFR (BoD, Conclave).
    • Daily gear emissaries.
    • Farm materials for crafted items from professions.
    • Capping conquest through PvP

Any other relevant means that are not listed?

At the moment I'm thinking of mainly focusing on:

1. Nazjatar Benthic upgrades
    2. AP WQ

With M+ becoming the top priority as of the 9th.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

This isn't a new thing, though. They've done it for several expansions now.

4 extra levels of Artifact knowledge, making leveling your neck far far easier. think 49 -> 50 when from 36k(?)AP -> 16k or something around those levels from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    This isn't a new thing, though. They've done it for several expansions now.
    Stay on topic, this was not the question.

[*]M+ as of the 9th with the new gear levels.
    [*]Nazjatar questline & dailies for Benthic upgrades.Q to get your neck level up.
    [*]Daily gear emissaries. (if azerite 400+)
    [*]AP WQ
    [*]Capping conquest through PvP
    [*]Farm materials for crafted items from professions.
    [*]Old LFR (BoD, Conclave).

IMO

ilvl >>> neck lvl > the essences you need > anything else.

ilvl is king, everything else is quicker to catch up. you will need some ilvl if you want people to take you to m+ on the 9th.

try to do some BoD heroic (or even normal) if you can, drops good ilvl gear and good AP. don't waste your time on LFR.
    Do some m+ now, 400 ilvl gear too and you might get lucky wiht the chest.
    you can make the first level of crafted gear now and thats 410ilvl. remember that you get partial materials refund for scrapping old crafted raid gear.
    for azerite gear your best bet is probably benthic unless you get lucky from other sources.

what level of raiding are you prepping for?

also remember that benthic is BoA, you sound like you have more than one 120, so use the other characters to help acquire the basic benthic pieces so you can get to 385+ fast. just from the nazjatar entry quest you get 1 benthic token and 20 pearls = 4 more tokens.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-06-30 at 11:27 PM.

Run Run run. As fast as you can. You can't catch me, I am the gingerbird mon.

With how much time naz, mecha, and the old ap wq's take - I'd actually argue that point.

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    With how much time naz, mecha, and the old ap wq's take - I'd actually argue that point.
    That’s the one thing I wasn’t sure of. Doing Heroic BOD might be the best time investment, meaning I can be more picky about my Benthic upgrades.

Well, the problem is that the morons at blizzard wall off the story behind rep. I had to do a massive 7th legion grind before i got to go to the new areas. Utterly moronic.

What has happened to reputation with Protectors of Azeroth ilvl? Got exalted on my main, but it seems alt doesn't get ilvls after reaching lvl 120