Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    If you have a life then maybe you should join a guild that doesn't require you to gear alts.
    How does this help?
    What of you want to.plaly other classes??

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    No they should not. Just like gear is not account wide.

The game should not be designed to make having multiple characters more convenient. It's already too big of an issue.

Way too much is account wide. Mounts, transmog, achievements...

Even with all the shared account wide stuff, people just want more and more account wide. "We want reputations account wide!" was a huge cry at the start of BfA. Now you want Essences shared too?

People just skip to other characters and waltz up to on par item level due to crazy catch up mechanics. PvPer switch main every season depending on flavor of the month. It's dumb. Worst of all, it's counterproductive for Blizzard. What makes people think "the more characters the more fun"? You have no connection to your character anymore because of all this dumb stuff.

In Vanilla, I was a Warlock. That's it. That was who I was.
    In TBC, I was a Shaman. That's it.

In BfA I have literally every single class max lvl and I have been "maining" a Shaman, Warlock, Warrior, Hunter and now Mage. How am I supposed to feel connected to any of these characters when there is no time investment in them and all progress is reset every major patch?

No wonder people don't feel connected to a "main" anymore!

And with the Allied races, Blizzard is begging us to level up ANOTHER new character.

The game has been tip toeing trying to make these "altoholics" happy for way too long, and it has caused the soul of the game to go hollow.
    I am with you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You did have to grind bgs in the past to get pvp items, you have to grind bgs now to get an essence. They might as well give it for free I guess. Even better. You create a char and it has same ilvl as your main!
    How about difference in quality content? That is the key. Essence is essentially grinding for an extra talent or two on top of max level.
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2019-07-01 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    How about difference in quality content? That is the key. Essence is essentially grinding for an extra talent or two on top of max level.
    I do see the point of people saying, it's hard on alts, I would say a compromise as in MoP double rep for alts would be ok, but giving power away because your main has done that is not what I would agree with. I love the progression and something to be looking forward to. Some people might play alts for all the other reasons, but for me it is the progression. I don't have a lot of alts tho, only one atm, but it is mythic raid ready and I feel a bond with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    How does this help?
    What of you want to.plaly other classes??
    Then you're weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Do you stack the resilience stat IRL? (my poor attempt at a joke, sorry)
    Its incredible to me if one person is able to spend 2 entire years playing the same class...spec...talents...rotation.

Im more prone to be burned out so my experience is different than yours.

I play random Battlegrounds everyday am at 20 000 Honor since patch 8.2 hit.
    Working on my PvP essense which i grew to like

Im lucky because the PvP essense is an achievement...which i think is account shared. So im good...uff...i think.
    ive been doing that since cata, thats when i made my lock and have been maining him since, yes i have 2-3 alts, but they are mostly for professioins, i dont do any content on them

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Then you're weird.
    Oo ok
    charss

Agreed op. Its already a chore to unlock them, its stupid content.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

What has happened to ilvl for HoA alts, who have main completed quests for reputation with Magni? Leveled 120 and still no +ilvls

Quote Originally Posted by Frostone View Post
    What has happened to ilvl for HoA alts, who have main completed quests for reputation with Magni? Leveled 120 and still no +ilvls
    You still need to actually do the Magni quests on those alts, only thing that changes is you don't need to regrind the rep every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily but there is no doubt that when you have more things to do (grind), the probability of you logging on is higher.

- - - Updated - - -

Player activity enticed by fun content vs dull grinding. That is the difference.
    Okay. You misunderstood how MAU is counted - which is fine. No need to keep trying to be right.

Some people play the game casually over several characters. If everything is accountbound then they suddenly have less to do.

It goes both ways.

The only reason to make essences account bound is convenience. Do I want it? Sure. I mainly do M+ so the less other stuff I have to do the better. Do I actually care, though? Not really. Its not much effort to unlock anything, it just takes some time.
    I assume they'll be accountbound in the future. Perhaps make a BoA essence purchaseable for 100k gold or so?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Okay. You misunderstood how MAU is counted - which is fine. No need to keep trying to be right.

Some people play the game casually over several characters. If everything is accountbound then they suddenly have less to do.

It goes both ways.

The only reason to make essences account bound is convenience. Do I want it? Sure. I mainly do M+ so the less other stuff I have to do the better. Do I actually care, though? Not really. Its not much effort to unlock anything, it just takes some time.
    I assume they'll be accountbound in the future. Perhaps make a BoA essence purchaseable for 100k gold or so?
    When you have more to grind the probability of you logging on each month is higher. For the people who are willing to grind. Blizaard have the (mis)conception that most players are willing to go along with the grind that is being prepared for them. Hence they do not make it account wide. What part of that is so hard to understand?
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2019-07-01 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I am the last person to defend Blizzards ridiculous excuses for not giving us more alt-friendly gameplay options and ways to obtain things but Jesus fucking Christ on a cross, it hasn't even been a single reset since the patch launch day and you're already complaining.

They should add a vendor in 8.3 that allows us to farm some currency and buy them or make them account-wide in 8.3.5. That's it. That's the more alt-friendly approach I can think of but they are not going to do it. Fine by me.

I say that as someone who maintains 4 different role alts at +415 level with 1.4k RIO on all.
    They specifically said they're not going to make them easier to get in the future or add a catchup. Ion seems to think this is the best way to combat reset fatigue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you have more to grind the probability of you logging on each month is higher. For the people who are willing to grind. Blizaard have the (mis)conception that most players are willing to go along with the grind that is being prepared for them. Hence they do not make it account wide. What part of that is so hard to understand?
    Do you believe you know how people play the game better than Blizzard? If so, how have you gathered the information necessary to make such a claim? Forums? Youtube? Twitch? Armory statistics?
    Hi

Imo the issue is when you play wow mainly because of content A and the essence you need comes from content B. I for example absolutely enjoy doing mythic+ and semi-hc mythic raiding (5/9 BoD). Two of the potential better essences come from reputation. I absolutely hate reputation grinds. I can live with doing the grind once, but a second time for my offhealer ...=/

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    As I said, this has been going on for a long time, so it's hardly a surprise to an "altoholic".
    They'll eventually (during the end-stretch of an expac) enable a bunch of catch up mechanisms, so you can get all your alts to similar status without too much pain. I normally level my alts during this period and then pick a "main" and couple of support alts for the next expac.
    As I said, it is bad tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What's up with the trend of wanting progress on one character mean progress on another? Could just make a character being able to class swap. One character is all you need.
    Just entilted casuals wants everything in the game. People should accept fact alts are not supostu be at same powerlevel as your main. And people should not feel entiteld to have acess to everything in the game. Just focus on one character and quit playing alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    For people that play multiple classes, having to farm Azerite on every character is already a tedious and crappy, but now, we also have to farm and unlock essences on EVERY character, damn it blizzard, some people have lives and don't have the time to do this kind of grind...
    Y stop there, make gear account bound so I don’t have to gear up alts also.