Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzard is just lucky

Lucky because there is no real competition YET. BDO is finally talking about dungeons and PVE end game as the next big thing planned. Healer class just got added to BDO, they can simply just tweak the tanky classes and we're set for real PVE, once that is done, no other game can ever compete gameplay and graphics wise, and nobody will care if it is korean, p2w blah blah blah, because you know why? it's endless and mindless but fun AF.

Unfortunately for the players and fortunately for Blizz, FFXIV and ESO are both garbage. The new and currently in-beta Bless Unleashed is done in Unreal Engine 4 and looks promising as it seems to be copying gameplay elements from the Japan-only Dragons Dogma Online MMORPG's impactful realistic / combat style, but it has a long way to go and it is only currently in the works for XBOX, lucky for Blizz. I know Bless Online was garbage, but they were decent enough to reimburse players, not like Blizz who would probably never do such a thing. There is also A:IR and Lost Ark that are hopefully releasing in 4Q 2019, but i am not a huge fan of Unreal Engine 3....IDC if they are Korean as long as they are fun to play.

EDIT: Can't use your moronic go-to "Weeb" response, I hate FFXIV and said that it is garbage.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2019-07-01 at 11:52 AM.

Sounds like a weeb praising Asian grinders. Fun fact, just like your opinion, I have one too and it is that Bless and BDO both suck.

Topkek mate.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Lucky because there is no real competition YET. BDO is finally talking about dungeons and PVE end game as the next big thing planned. Healer class just got added to BDO, they can simply just tweak the tanky classes and we're set for real PVE, once that is done, no other game can ever compete gameplay and graphics wise, and nobody will care if it is korean, p2w blah blah blah, because you know why? it's endless and mindless but fun AF.

Unfortunately for the players and fortunately for Blizz, FFXIV and ESO are both garbage. The new and currently in-beta Bless Unleashed is done in Unreal Engine 4 and looks promising as it seems to be copying gameplay elements from the Japan-only Dragons Dogma Online MMORPG's impactful realistic / combat style, but it has a long way to go and it is only currently in the works for XBOX, lucky for Blizz. I know Bless Online was garbage, but they were decent enough to reimburse players, not like Blizz who would probably never do such a thing. There is also A:IR and Lost Ark that are hopefully releasing in 4Q 2019, but i am not a huge fan of Unreal Engine 3....IDC if they are Korean as long as it is fun.
    BDO? It is gorgeous and combat is good, but it all comes down to mindless npc grind that is not fun at all, in addition to p2w. I doubt the dungeons will be different, the grinding mentality is hard to get rid of. So unless they make HUGE changes - BDO will stay the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm just killing time with wow, waiting for Camelot Unchained. (somewhere around this century)

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Sounds like a weeb praising Asian grinders. Fun fact, just like your opinion, I have one too and it is that Bless and BDO both suck.
    I said FFXIV is garbage, that is an Asian game, how about you learn a thing or two before you open your mouth. BfA WoW is also garbage and ALL players agree, weebs or not.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2019-07-01 at 11:54 AM.

BDO? Is that that boob physics game? We all know why people play that game.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    The fact you said wow, eso, and ff14 suck but bdo is great shows you lack perspective.

Unfortunately for the players and fortunately for Blizz, FFXIV and ESO are both garbage. The new and currently in-beta Bless Unleashed is done in Unreal Engine 4 and looks promising as it seems to be copying gameplay elements from the Japan-only Dragons Dogma Online MMORPG's impactful realistic / combat style, but it has a long way to go and it is only currently in the works for XBOX, lucky for Blizz. I know Bless Online was garbage, but they were decent enough to reimburse players, not like Blizz who would probably never do such a thing. There is also A:IR and Lost Ark that are hopefully releasing in 4Q 2019, but i am not a huge fan of Unreal Engine 3....IDC if they are Korean as long as they are fun to play.

EDIT: Can't use your moronic go-to "Weeb" response, I hate FFXIV and said that it is garbage.
    FYI, FF14 is actually REALLY good, and has HIGH praise from just about everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    BDO? Is that that boob physics game? We all know why people play that game.
    Keep lying to yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galactis View Post
    FYI, FF14 is actually REALLY good, and has HIGH praise from just about everyone.
    Watch the latest review of FFXIV by TheLazyPeon on Youtube. I totally agree with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    The fact you said wow, eso, and ff14 suck but bdo is great shows you lack perspective.
    I said I am waiting for the PVE part for it to be a real WoW replacement, I am not here saying these are or will be wow killers, just sick of BfA's BS.

Watch the latest review of FFXIV by TheLazyPeon on Youtube. I totally agree with him.
    There is a massive difference in a game being garbage and you just not liking it.

FFXIV is far from Garbage, Also why should we give two shits about a click bait youtuber's opinion?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I said FFXIV is garbage, that is an Asian game, how about you learn a thing or two before you open your mouth. BfA WoW is also garbage and ALL players agree, weebs or not.
    Maybe you should learn to read? I said Asian grinders. Last time I checked, considering I am very active with FF14, FF14 is not an Asian grinder like BDO.

Now, to use your own words....How about you leave a thing or two before you open your mouth.

EDIT: oh god the OP changed his first post to say we can’t call him a weeb! Funny fact, just because you are a weeb doesn’t mean you have to like everything that can be considered weeby!
    Last edited by Soikona; 2019-07-01 at 12:02 PM.

Bdo will never be able to beat wow, thats a fact. No one will. Mmogames is one of the hardest games to make, and wow has been running great for 15 years. They are more or less untouchable. you don't have to like it, but it is what it is. I hate many things about bfa now, and don't really feel like playing anymore. But i am millions others will come straight back in the next expansion. easily 3+ million day 1 sales

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I hadn't heard of BOD until now so I looked it up, if the below video is of the game you are talking about then: WTF MAN!

He says BDO though. As in, Black Desert Online (imagine adding "online" to the name of your game)
    Space magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm curious. Can you define 'competition?' Because, by all accounts, while WoW is steadily trending downward, 'garbage' MMOs like FFXIV, ESO, GW2, and PSO2 are all steadily trending upward (FFXIV in particular releases censuses on active accounts every summer, and has steadily grown since the A Realm Reborn relaunch, while the others report a rising playerbase on a semi-regular basis; PSO2 is currently helped in large part by being Japan's top performer and has an upcoming release in the West that will further help boost those numbers since people won't have to beat the hirigana 'captcha boss' to play on the JP servers).

If you mean another western-developed MMORPG that adheres to classic design philosophies, well, there's WoW Classic coming in August and Runescape Old School, which might also be competing with retail WoW at this point. Otherwise, though, I wouldn't hold my breath. The AAA market is too busy chasing trends and macrotransactions, and indie-developed, western MMORPGs don't have the marketing budget or polish to compete with WoW, ESO, or FFXIV.

If you're just here to promote BDO, more power to you, but BDO isn't going to be the next WoW. The sheer level of pay-to-win and power lockout, as well as forced PvP meaning people will be further pressured to buy gear off the shop just to stay competitive with someone who's played from day 1, have made sure of that. It's also a resource hog, something most MMORPG players tend to avoid (and something which avoiding has been a big help for WoW and FFXIV alike, since you can run them on a toaster if you have the time and patience).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Report OP and move on. It's his 3rd thread with this Korean bullshit vs WoW jabs. At this point it's just pure trolling.

Keep lying to yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I said I am waiting for the PVE part for it to be a real WoW replacement, I am not here saying these are or will be wow killers, just sick of BfA's BS.
    Being sick of bfa is understandable; I think it’s by far the lowest moment of wow history

That said, and I’ve played and liked bdo; it’s too niche to ever catch on even with pve

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if OP is troll or stupid, but if your software has no real competitors after 15 years despite dozens and dozens trying hard to be competitors, that's definitely NOT LUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Report OP and move on. It's his 3rd thread with this Korean bullshit vs WoW jabs. At this point it's just pure trolling.

Maybe he just prefers that. That’s ok too, but man BDO is not the hill I’d die on

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I hadn't heard of BOD until now so I looked it up, if the below video is of the game you are talking about then: WTF MAN!
    no, he ment black desert online