Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    All of the candidates — including former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Kamala Harris and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — raised their hands when asked by an NBC moderator if they would support a health care plan that would cover undocumented immigrants.

“All Democrats just raised their hands for giving millions of illegal aliens unlimited healthcare,”

https://nypost.com/2019/06/27/trump-...ed-immigrants/

Should illegal aliens have free health care?
    support a health care plan that would cover undocumented immigrants. =/= “All Democrats just raised their hands for giving millions of illegal aliens unlimited healthcare,”

Any government healthcare plan would need to account for undocumented people since hospitals can not(and should not) turn people away who need life saving care. Someone has to pay for that care, and guess what? It's already the government paying, this would just be formalizing it.

No one up there said anything about unlimited healthcare or anything more than just emergency care. This is just more right wing circle jerking over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    There seems to be a lot of suggestions lately for policy regarding the border that look suspiciously like open borders when you really get down to it.

"Do not detain immigrants coming into the country and they can come to a court hearing voluntarily later, but if they don't, grant them amnesty."

I mean if you're for open borders just say you're for open borders.
    So Trump is for open borders?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    So Trump is for open borders?
    Trump is a stupid boomer who failed in his chief campaign promises?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Should illegal aliens have free health care?
    Unless you wanna throw out everything America supposedly stands for, then yes. That simple.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    VA hospital is broke, but yeah, lets give free healthcare to those who didn't earn it.
    VA Hospital is broke, but ya.....lets complain and prevent something completely unrelated out of anger and jealousy?

or you trying to imply that we should not spend the other 4 trillion dollars in our budget till the VA is fixed?

I mean is 200-300 billion a year not enough for vets? (actual cost in 2016 were 273 billion)
    Our current future liability for current/retired military is 2.8 trillion dollars.

Maybe vets should finally let them fix the program by getting rid of the VA and just paying for their healthcare in the private sector.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you should fix one before you worry about another. Also they shouldn't get it anyway. I know you support the free loader life but us working class are tried of carrying people who didn't earn it.
    Sorry speak for yourself.

I don't mind carrying people who NEED HELP.

As does the majority of the people in this country.

So let me get this straight, the govt should only fix one problem before moving on to the next?

Good lets fix Medicare before we get to the VA. They should defund the VA till Medicare gets fixed. Sounds fair under your logic right?

Man good to know you never ran/managed anything in your entire life.
    I could only imagine how long a company/organization would last under your leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Ultimately the principle of not wanting to fund some stranger, some unknown person and an UNLIMITED number of unknown peoples lives with my money.

Look, if you want America to just be some economic administrative sector; don't expect social solidarity.
    My money and so has everyone else who's been taxed sometime in their lives has funded strangers for various things. You have already funded plenty to people you don't know.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well you do have to get it for illegal aliens. Mostly to stop any diseases from spreading:
    she is right. those draenei spead lot's of stds.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

I don't mind carrying people who NEED HELP.
    I don't either, but with my limited resources if I had to chose to help family or someone who broke into my house and decided to livethere, I would chose my family. You didn't think this through did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Unless you wanna throw out everything America supposedly stands for, then yes. That simple.
    Wow this is quite a each my dude.

I don't either, but with my limited resources if I had to chose to help family or someone who broke into my house and decided to livethere, I would chose my family. You didn't think this through did you?
    Wait so immigrants are now akin to people breaking into your home....??

Hey stretch, nice try.

Sorry but since when do you get to pick and choose each tax dollars you pay and their use.

Fine I don't want to pay for illegal wars and corporate welfare for foreign owned companies... Can I use that money for immigrants instead?

Can I use my money to pay for my father's healthcare instead of some vets?

There is plenty of money there l, how about we spend it actually helping people?

Failure to invest in immigrants with such low population growth and retiring baby boomers is a huge risk. The benefits outweigh the negative impacts

Wait so immigrants are now akin to people breaking into your home....??

Hey stretch, nice try.

Sorry but since when do you get to pick and choose each tax dollars you pay and their use.

Fine I don't want to pay for illegal wars and corporate welfare for foreign owned companies... Can I use that money for immigrants instead?

Can I use my money to pay for my father's healthcare instead of some vets?

There is plenty of money there l, how about we spend it actually helping people?

Failure to invest in immigrants with such low population growth and retiring baby boomers is a huge risk. The benefits outweigh the negative impacts
    *pat* *pat* I knew this would fly over your head. Also it's rather funny to think what you contribute puts a dent on the financial burden of illegal aliens.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-07-02 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    *pat* *pat* I knew this would fly over your head. Also it's rather funny to think what you contribute puts a dent on the financial burden of illegal aliens.
    Murderers and rapists that Trump claimed come across the border, get free healthcare. The ones that don’t commit any crime, do not.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.propublica.org/article/s...t-sexist-memes

Wanna know why folks don't support more funding for CBP/ICE without structural change and reform?

This shit right here.

Members of a secret Facebook group for current and former Border Patrol agents joked about the deaths of migrants, discussed throwing burritos at Latino members of Congress visiting a detention facility in Texas on Monday and posted a vulgar illustration depicting Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez engaged in oral sex with a detained migrant, according to screenshots of their postings.

In one exchange, group members responded with indifference and wisecracks to the post of a news story about a 16-year-old Guatemalan migrant who died in May while in custody at a Border Patrol station in Weslaco, Texas. One member posted a GIF of Elmo with the quote, “Oh well.” Another responded with an image and the words “If he dies, he dies.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.propublica.org/article/s...t-sexist-memes

Wanna know why folks don't support more funding for CBP/ICE without structural change and reform?

This shit right here.
    America's finest.

And people wonder why I refer to them as the gestapo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Funny that you think I am the only one contributing...how cute. My little dent is more than enough to give away in waste to the military and to throw at the black hole that is the VA.

You know there is hundreds of million tax payers right?

If done right immigrants are a net positive to the economy. But a particular party is more worried about them becoming voters than getting them paying taxes the legal way

Quote Originally Posted by Wermys View Post
    If a VA hospital is broke. That is a funding issue with the federal government. This has absolutely nothing to do with it. Just chronic underfunding of services provided by the republicans while they had control of the house and controlled the purse strings.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but the hospital does not "eat" the cost. They shift the cost to all other patients. You can claim otherwise but that isn't really the case. Its all built into calculations for where money goes through insured and non insured groups. Otherwise the hospital would not be in business unles it a state or federally run one.
    Reread my comment. I specifically said, "The hospital is not going to foot the bill."
    I also said, "the lab has to eat the cost."

I am referring to sendout laboratories that are not a department specifically of the hospital. If a hospital sends tests to a lab and the lab bills the insurance, but the insurance doesn't pay 100%, then the patient gets the remainder of the bill. If the patient doesn't pay - the lab eats the cost. The lab can't turn around and bill the hospital. If the lab does that - the hospital will drop that lab as their preferred lab and start using someone like Neogenomics, Quest, or Labcorp. The hospital will NEVER foot the bill - you are correct. All the lab can do is send the bill to collections. If the patient is an illegal, then they won't care if they are sent to collections. Therefore - the bill is never paid.

Funny that you think I am the only one contributing...how cute. My little dent is more than enough to give away in waste to the military and to throw at the black hole that is the VA.

You know there is hundreds of million tax payers right?

If done right immigrants are a net positive to the economy. But a particular party is more worried about them becoming voters than getting them paying taxes the legal way
    We can't even take care of our homeless, having an increasing national dept but yet we have money to give illegal alliens healthcare. Dear god I hope someone else is in charge of your finances.

We can't even take care of our homeless
    We could if cities invested properly with longer term views and had the political will to address the problem. The thing is that most are looking in the very short term and trying to make it someone else's problem to deal with.

having an increasing national dept but yet we have money to give illegal alliens healthcare.
    debt*

Also, thank the Republicans for blowing up the deficit by increasing spending while cutting revenue.

Dear god I hope someone else is in charge of your finances.
    Personal and government finances aren't equal and are handled differently.