lvl.75 and just got Titania down. Thats the most fun i've had with a primal fight since the Warring Triad. I was expecting another brainless cakewalk like lakshmi or Susanoo but they dialled it up a bit and it felt more comparable to the ARR extreme primal fights for the big three at the start. Thats gonna be a bit of a casual player wall i think.

The sin eaters aren't really "good" or "bad". Most of them are just acting on basic instincts to "eat". Then you have the lightwardens who are like the queen that organizes them. At least that's my take on them so far as I'm only 78.

Also the side quests are really quick exp. Unlike the Stormblood were some were tediously long these take less than a minute to complete and give half of an MSQ quest.

Does anyone know the contingency on which character creation is disabled? I cant make anything anywhere on my datacenter and I havent been able to find official word about when why or how long.

I need an alt to play when the wife is at work unless there is some way to freeze rested xp that I dont know of.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    lvl.75 and just got Titania down. Thats the most fun i've had with a primal fight since the Warring Triad. I was expecting another brainless cakewalk like lakshmi or Susanoo but they dialled it up a bit and it felt more comparable to the ARR extreme primal fights for the big three at the start. Thats gonna be a bit of a casual player wall i think.
    I talked to Alisae afterwards and she was remarking how nice your fairy was for taking up the crown in your stead, and how "You almost ended up frolicking with fairies". And all the while I think, "But I wanted to frolic with the fairies." =(

Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    Does anyone know the contingency on which character creation is disabled? I cant make anything anywhere on my datacenter and I havent been able to find official word about when why or how long.

I need an alt to play when the wife is at work unless there is some way to freeze rested xp that I dont know of.
    I think the only open servers are on the Crystal datacenter (in NA).

Why don't you level a different class on your main? Could do Dancer or Gunbreaker. Or level a healer, apparently queues are instant for them at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    I think the only open servers are on the Crystal datacenter (in NA).

Why don't you level a different class on your main? Could do Dancer or Gunbreaker. Or level a healer, apparently queues are instant for them at the moment.
    Oh I was about to start botany but then i noticed that my rested started getting gobbling which I knew about but just didnt think at first. I cant play MSQ without my wife so until we hit 80 together I cant do any side things on my main because the minute I burn all my rested on other things our levels desync and then it becomes a massive pain in the ass.

Finished it, 10/10, would New Game +.

What a fucking ride.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far (75) I really like the story.
    The lags in the evening hours are annoying as hell though.

Jesus multi Dancer raid group dps is so high i just saw Phlegethon killed in about 45-50 seconds and he got pushed so fast he didn't cast either ancient flare. They job is getting nerfed real soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    lvl 80 and role job questline done for WHM AF gear, complete MSQ later. For everybody enjoying the MSQ early on IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER!! I really hope the ending just tops it all off.

10+ Year Old Account

Jesus multi Dancer raid group dps is so high i just saw Phlegethon killed in about 45-50 seconds and he got pushed so fast he didn't cast either ancient flare. They job is getting nerfed real soon.
    They even out at the top, they're just the only job with such a high pot hit at that level.

That said, I thought they were doing better with MSQ per level, but 71-72 has one.... I'm 1 mil into 71 and have no MSQ to do... this is going to suck, I hate grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They even out at the top, they're just the only job with such a high pot hit at that level.

That said, I thought they were doing better with MSQ per level, but 71-72 has one.... I'm 1 mil into 71 and have no MSQ to do... this is going to suck, I hate grinding.
    Daily Roullettes are the way to go, alliance raids now give 10 million xp in the 70's without a bonus.

Daily Roullettes are the way to go, alliance raids now give 10 million xp in the 70's without a bonus.
    Good point, still have my leveling, alliance and... ugh.... msq.... for the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will run into dry patches consistently at every level.

Oh wow, I really do need to hit the roullettes it seems. I've been grinding FATEs when I run out of MSQ so far, but that gets boring.

So how are daily roulettes ranked by how much xp you get? Alliance > MSQ > Leveling?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much eqal in terms of xp/time invested but Main scenario can take you an hour to do easily if you get the second part.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Okay so I have to absolutely dumpster SE for this launch. Ended up with my launcher chain-crashing all day and ultimately me saying screw it and reinstalling the entire game. And honestly, I'm not convinced this will fix the problem. Everyting I read says I need to buy a VPN to install the expansion.

At least Blizzard can patch their games well.
    I actually had an old issue (that still happens if I ever uninstall) where a patch in the HW series literally breaks my launcher. I have to download it on another PC and and force it in via thumb drive to get it to work. No idea why it crashes only on my PC. I didn't have any issues with ShB.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Same, that other poster doesn't know what he's talking about and/or is trolling. (The last line suggests to me he's trolling. Blizzard doesn't have smooth launches. Ever.)

My one and only complaint: Fates need to give more xp. I'm 2/3rds to 73, and I'd need to do 20 fates to get to 73 from where I am now. I didn't even need the gemstone addition - Just make them give like, half a million xp at 72 (going up with level of fate of course) before any xp boost to them is applied and that's enough - Instead they give around 270k. The gemstones are nice and all, but all they needed was a higher XP rate so they aren't worse than HoH or PotD!
    While this launch was very smooth and I had very minimal issues (servers went down very briefly, one instance where the DF just didn't work for anybody it was a successful launch IMO. I don't know how you can say Blizzard doesn't have smooth launches. I know for a fact Legion was near perfect, BfA had issues, and I know a few more in the past were good. Hate Blizzard all you want, but they do get some things right occasionally, launches included.

FATEs give a ton of XP. Nearly equivalent to a quest for 1/3 the time invested. You're crazy if you want to double it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah the music is fantastic, especially Il Mheg. Level 71 dungeon was fantastic too, great atmosphere and pretty fun final boss.
    Fun fact, I solod that boss when my whole party randomly DC'd. When they came back like ten minutes later and I just finished killing it they were surprised I solo'd it.

Agreed. I found it harder than Shinryu, but I think we were doing something wrong. The adds were murdering me (tank). There might have been a mechanic I wasn't picking up on, I was just trying to stack cooldowns as best I could and not die, but some healers are struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You will run into dry patches consistently at every level.
    Nah...

I didn't do any sidequest other than the ones for flying and some who gave me gear.

If you do daily roulettes and the fates that are basically right next to you (and only those), you are good to go all the way to 80.
    At worst you repeat a leveling dungeon and use it to farm glamour.

finally hit a wall at the lvl.77 solo duty. Been stuck in a queue for 45 minutes at "After 50" but i don't think the counter is accurate and bugged out for everyone. But boy thats a long way from 70-77 as dps without a queue that wasn't instant. Shame its not for the next trial but a bloody solo fight though :/

-of course it doesn't help that its the only queue that holds you on a black screen with a loading wheel so you can't bugger off to do fates or do some more DNC levelling or something. You put the controller down and wait like installing a chapter in MGS4 or something.

aaaaand my router died and back to back of the line again -_-
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2019-07-01 at 03:54 PM.