Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How are people already revered with the new factions?

I've seen people post their reps in discord and now I've already seen some fly around. How? Seriously, just how?

I've done every single one-time/daily/weekly quest since 8.2 came out. I've killed most of the rares, done all of the pet battles and according to rep guides did absolutely everything so far except for fish in Mechagon every day. I'm at almost exactly 5k/12k for both factions.

Where in the world do those missing 7k rep for both of them come from? Quests give 50 rep in Nazjatar. Are you telling me these people have done 140 quests more than me so far? Am I missing something? Is my account cursed with a -50% rep debuff?

I just think its rare farming in raids for 50 rep a kill...Zzz, who cares through.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Pet battles, rares, mob farming for rep items, fishing, no Job.

Don’t try to compare yourself to neck beards you’ll either end up one or kill yourself.

Fishing is 250 rep per day.
    Bound to be more repetitive tasks you've missed/ didn't want to kill your soul with that these people did.

Flying around where? You can fly in Mechagon with one of those jet packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    Don’t try to compare yourself to neck beards you’ll either end up one or kill yourself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_dIbL9QJKE

24/7 farming. Nothing complicated about it, they just keep on trucking. Cant fathom how or why, cause this 8.2 patch is going to last a looooong ass time. No reason to stress it.

You missed a lot of stuff if you are that behind. Depends on the guide you have used, I just looked quickly through the wowhead mechagon one and it doesn't seem to cover everything. For example, there are town upgrades you can craft (bar, gramophone) each giving 500 rep. There is the recycling that gives rep (once daily?). Alternate timeline might have additional dailies. For nazjatar, the summon event gives a lot of rep once per day, and the emissary is up today on eu.

The patch went live in the middle of the night, long before the reset, giving a whole extra day of rep. Humans would also be almost 2k ahead. And some people probably exploited something like transfers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Bound to be more repetitive tasks you've missed/ didn't want to kill your soul with that these people did.
    What fishing part gives 250 rep though?

With that said, I can see how you could hit Revered with the Mechagon faction today. Today was the first day I went after ALL rares on the island and I am sitting at 5k reputation now. Imagine if I had done all rares each day, then I would have several thousands more reputation, I also haven't done the pet battles each day, since all guides require you to have the Unborn Val'kyr which I don't so I can't be bothered. Then the whole thing about alternate timeline dailies which I haven't done each day, in addition to the mob farming in the depot for the daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Imagine if I had done all rares each day, then I would have several thousands more reputation
    Rares don't give rep daily, it's a one time thing only.

Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    Flying around where? You can fly in Mechagon with one of those jet packs.
    In Nazjatar and Zandalar. Also - I do care about this not because they are faster than me, but because I just want to fly already. I'm getting so annoyed by getting around in Nazjatar. I just want it to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    24/7 farming. Nothing complicated about it, they just keep on trucking. Cant fathom how or why, cause this 8.2 patch is going to last a looooong ass time. No reason to stress it.
    I had people raging in chat today that they didn't have the achieve to kill all the Mechagon rares yet because certain quests hadn't popped up... on day six of the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    This is some of the best advice I have seen on this site.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Fishing where and what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    You missed a lot of stuff if you are that behind. Depends on the guide you have used, I just looked quickly through the wowhead mechagon one and it doesn't seem to cover everything. For example, there are town upgrades you can craft (bar, gramophone) each giving 500 rep. There is the recycling that gives rep (once daily?). Alternate timeline might have additional dailies. For nazjatar, the summon event gives a lot of rep once per day, and the emissary is up today on eu.

The patch went live in the middle of the night, long before the reset, giving a whole extra day of rep. Humans would also be almost 2k ahead. And some people probably exploited something like transfers.
    Where are the town upgrades?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Pet battles, rares, mob farming for rep items, fishing, no Job.
    Can confirm this. Although I didn't do mob farming. I'm revered with both factions now.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I had people raging in chat today that they didn't have the achieve to kill all the Mechagon rares yet because certain quests hadn't popped up... on day six of the patch.
    Yup. Thats how it works. People cry and cry about more content and when they get it alot of them nolife it 24/7, then goes back to complain theres nothing to do.

And if some time has passed and they havent completed everything, they bitch about that too..

People forget that this patch(and most patches) are supposed to last for 6+ months. There is zero reason to nolife the content, unless you are pushing some world first mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yup. Thats how it works. People cry and cry about more content and when they get it alot of them nolife it 24/7, then goes back to complain theres nothing to do.

And if some time has passed and they havent completed everything, they bitch about that too..

People forget that this patch(and most patches) are supposed to last for 6+ months. There is zero reason to nolife the content, unless you are pushing some world first mythic.
    Back when the xpac first began there was a guy on day two complaining that he had gotten to 120, done all the M0s, explored all the stuff, and came on here to go "where's the content?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Dedication and they are able to put that many hours into the game/farming. I’ve only done the intro into both zones and then logged off again. Flying isn’t enough to make me want to play this xpac.
    Now if only this forum required a sub to post like the official ones.

0. Being human (+rep)
    1. Daily WQ
    2. Daily quests (Follower, Random Map ones, Mechagon also has alternate dimension dailies that most people ignore)
    3. Doing the minions of azshara (or whatever it's called) once a day gives you a rep item. I haven't done the commanders non-wm event but it might give rep too.
    4. Your first kill on every rare (once only)
    5. Your first defeat on every legendary pet in the zone
    6. Fishing in Mechagon
    7. Some rares in Nazjatar drop reputation items

And of course, aren't warmode players getting more rep by default? Not sure myself as I play with it to off.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Now if only this forum required a sub to post like the official ones.
    Unfortunately you don't have to sub to post on the official ones.