Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Exactly, I wish they would just do it like Cata and have it so you can buy a book and fly from the start. No one actually reads quest text or pays attention while leveling anyway so what is the point in artificially making it take longer with land mounts.
    Personally I'd also like flying within the first month. But I do totally get, and to some extent agree with the argument against immediate access to flying. For that reason I am fine with a compromise, and I think pathfinder is a good idea.

But forcing us to wait 11 months? That's not compromise, it's a mockery of the idea of compromise. A decent compromise would have been getting flying 3-6 months in.

congrats for getting flying for died retail cant wait for classic

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Look up "secret fish of mechagon."
    That isn't something you grind though. Once you have one of each, then you gain no more reputation. Also I've done all of them, they don't give enough reputation to hit Revered.

Considering I saw a few flying yesterday, I'm gonna say no mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There is actually ...at least for Mechagon via farming the recyclables.
    That only gives rep on daily. The repeatable turn ins after do not give rep

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    That isn't something you grind though. Once you have one of each, then you gain no more reputation. Also I've done all of them, they don't give enough reputation to hit Revered.
    yes, yes they do.
    once you do them you can do them again the next day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There is actually ...at least for Mechagon via farming the recyclables.
    that only gives rep on the first turn in each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Exactly, I wish they would just do it like Cata and have it so you can buy a book and fly from the start. No one actually reads quest text or pays attention while leveling anyway so what is the point in artificially making it take longer with land mounts.
    The only reason they did that was because the new zones were integrated with the old and it would be a nightmare to have no flying there for a short tyime wwhbile the zones next to them had it. NO, they should not go back to that YOu should have to earn it, not have it handed to you for nothing. God forbid you actually have to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosensation View Post
    congrats for getting flying for died retail cant wait for classic
    lol shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Congrats!

It's pretty hard to just congratulate someone without bashing him/her, isn't it people?
    People are jealous and bitter. Bashing others is done to make the person feel better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    lol, who cares.
    Classic comes out in less then 2 months.
    Apparently you do because you took the time to post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Personally I'd also like flying within the first month. But I do totally get, and to some extent agree with the argument against immediate access to flying. For that reason I am fine with a compromise, and I think pathfinder is a good idea.

But forcing us to wait 11 months? That's not compromise, it's a mockery of the idea of compromise. A decent compromise would have been getting flying 3-6 months in.
    It is a compromise when the alternative was no flying at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Bro. Go outside. Seriously.
    How about you let him live his life and you stick to living yours. Seriously.

I would even be fine with a time gate, just not the Pathfinder BS I don't do Rep grinds and I don't for no reason do quests I don't need to level or gain power through so I have no incentive to go back and do the last zone of quests I didn't need to get to max level. So fine if they have to artificially lengthen the content, but just let me buy a damn book for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    8500/12000 right now. Casual style plus I missed few daily that provide 850 mechagon rep cos of blizzard bugs. Plus almost no rares kills cos was lazy to read manuals. 3 hours per day. And I think i'll get my flying in next 2 days.

Also why "world first"? Where is ur proofs? If no1 else in this topic wasted 12h per day that doesnt mean no1 in the world have this progress.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It is a compromise when the alternative was no flying at all.
    That's like saying cutting down on the number of women someone cheats on their wife with is a "compromise".

My point was that it really is a shitty compromise. Simply put, Blizzard are still adamant in their belief that flying is a bad thing for the game, and as such they are continuing to do everything they can to keep flying out of the game as much as possible without inciting a player revolt.

I like most things about this game, but their stance on flying is my one major bugbear. Given the monumental outcry on all the forums when they initially announced that were going to withhold flying from WoD altogether, any rational person would surely have thought they'd seriously reconsider their perspective. While they gave us the "compromise", it's clear that their thinking is unswayed. It's a case of confirmation at its worst.

- - - Updated - - -

I would even be fine with a time gate, just not the Pathfinder BS I don't do Rep grinds and I don't for no reason do quests I don't need to level or gain power through so I have no incentive to go back and do the last zone of quests I didn't need to get to max level. So fine if they have to artificially lengthen the content, but just let me buy a damn book for it.
    That's fair enough. I mean, the whole point of withholding flying is to make sure that players get the best possible experience of those aspects of the game. If a player doesn't care for that content anyway, then it all seems rather pointless.

That being said, I'd be curious to understand your objection to the rep requirements, given that the main benefit of flying is to do the same content that gives you the rep.

I've watched Slooth do alot of the grind and I can only say: congratulations man, well done!

... And just ignore all the posters trying to somehow devaluate the effort you put into this. Now go get rich selling those contracts for 9k each.

That's like saying cutting down on the number of women someone cheats on their wife with is a "compromise".

My point was that it really is a shitty compromise. Simply put, Blizzard are still adamant in their belief that flying is a bad thing for the game, and as such they are continuing to do everything they can to keep flying out of the game as much as possible without inciting a player revolt.

I like most things about this game, but their stance on flying is my one major bugbear. Given the monumental outcry on all the forums when they initially announced that were going to withhold flying from WoD altogether, any rational person would surely have thought they'd seriously reconsider their perspective. While they gave us the "compromise", it's clear that their thinking is unswayed. It's a case of confirmation at its worst.

- - - Updated - - -

That's fair enough. I mean, the whole point of withholding flying is to make sure that players get the best possible experience of those aspects of the game. If a player doesn't care for that content anyway, then it all seems rather pointless.

That being said, I'd be curious to understand your objection to the rep requirements, given that the main benefit of flying is to do the same content that gives you the rep.
    I despise quests/ leveling in general at least in modern wow. I hated daily quests and hate world quests all the same, I have never actively sought to gain rep I loved the Rep in Wrath tied to a back piece then I could actually stand to gain rep. My favorite aspect of the game has always been dungeons and 10 man raids, so getting rep/ content that way is all I care about and just want Flying for Resource farming/ quicker travel.

Quote Originally Posted by alecs91 View Post
    I maybe have missed the "first day", but still, i am only 6k/12 (have not done the battle pets)...counting the battle pets i can hit 9/12...u got 3k rep in first day? (i have done every drop quest, everything that i could have done)
    Being in WM, farming scyer stones and mech rares close that gap very slowly. Really just a shit load of playing.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoy working towards flight and the first bits when you can't fly. It also makes the game fun in a different way when you can fly again. Sadly with that also comes more of a disconnect from world content which is why I am fine when we can't fly.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

yea blizzard needs to make rogue funner to play this is garbage. rogues deserve power in pvp and one vs one duels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Everyone keeps mentioning these fishing quests, but what are they? I have yet to see a fishing daily.
    Disclaimer to my reply here - I haven't caught any. But I believe all are referring to these:

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...hagon#comments
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

I've played wow since about 1/4-1/2 way into burning crusade..and I'm pretty sure this is the last expac I'm buying on release....I've had BFA flying for half a day now and it's lifted that HUGE sense of frustration, tedium and rage that not having it ALWAYS gave me when doing anything. I don't know why or maybe even care anymore why Blizz seems to hate flying but I do know that there are other games out there to fill the nearly year long gap next time before they come to their senses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmochump View Post
    I've played wow since about 1/4-1/2 way into burning crusade..and I'm pretty sure this is the last expac I'm buying on release....I've had BFA flying for half a day now and it's lifted that HUGE sense of frustration, tedium and rage that not having it ALWAYS gave me when doing anything. I don't know why or maybe even care anymore why Blizz seems to hate flying but I do know that there are other games out there to fill the nearly year long gap next time before they come to their senses.
    They have gated flying since it was first introduced, with Cata as an exception. BC required max level and high cost (at the time) training. LK required 78 and a new high cost (at the time) training. MoP required max level and a new training. Even then, the main islands (thunder, timeless) never got flying. WoD added pathfinder - less gold cost then other xpacs, but more time investment to unlock it. Legion used pathfinder. Now BFA does.

It's not like in the past you bought flying at level 1 and called it a day....
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Yeah.......
    Grats brotato

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    but more time investment to unlock it
    This is the only gate people care about and you know it lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    They have gated flying since it was first introduced, with Cata as an exception. BC required max level and high cost (at the time) training. LK required 78 and a new high cost (at the time) training. MoP required max level and a new training. Even then, the main islands (thunder, timeless) never got flying. WoD added pathfinder - less gold cost then other xpacs, but more time investment to unlock it. Legion used pathfinder. Now BFA does.

It's not like in the past you bought flying at level 1 and called it a day....
    Do i really need to point out that this is not what people are referring to when talking about gating? Requiring max level is not really a big deal - you are talking about "gating" that lasts a few days into the expac, and the cost was never "high", it was modest, and i dont know a single player, casual or otherwise, who didnt have the gold to unlock flying the moment they hit max level.

Please dont compare a 6month+ wait with a few days and say "its the same thing". Its entirely disingenuous, and to be honest, quite ridiculous.

I also understood the world first was a Chinese account? is that you op?>