is it worth investing time into farming benthicc gear for a frost dk?

Or the buffs are still nowhere enough to be competitive to other classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    If you need Benthic gear then you probably don’t have to worry about how competitive classes are

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If you need Benthic gear then you probably don’t have to worry about how competitive classes are
    ^this so much lol.

Well im 415 in both tank and dps specs, i just wonder if i need to farm this to be 420+ to be able to get into +8/+10 groups when ilvl cap rises. This gear caps at 425 right? No wepons no trinkets>

Well im 415 in both tank and dps specs, i just wonder if i need to farm this to be 420+ to be able to get into +8/+10 groups when ilvl cap rises. This gear caps at 425 right? No wepons no trinkets>
    Normal raid is doable in 410 gear, so if your 415 you are fine
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

IF you're primarily looking for m+ then expect not to be taken much as a frost dk...anything you can do damage wise can be done by a rogue or demon hunter and both bring in much better utility. I haven't been paying too much attention to the changes in 8.2 for either of those classes but I doubt much would change this far in. If it's the raid your after you should be fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    IF you're primarily looking for m+ then expect not to be taken much as a frost dk...anything you can do damage wise can be done by a rogue or demon hunter and both bring in much better utility. I haven't been paying too much attention to the changes in 8.2 for either of those classes but I doubt much would change this far in. If it's the raid your after you should be fine though.
    Well exactly for that reason i tank all my m+. I was just curious if people are going to be making ridiculos requiments for m+ as always like 420-425 ilvl. But primarly i plan to play as frost dk in a raid enviroment, hopefully mythic.

Well exactly for that reason i tank all my m+. I was just curious if people are going to be making ridiculos requiments for m+ as always like 420-425 ilvl. But primarly i plan to play as frost dk in a raid enviroment, hopefully mythic.
    yea, people will always have ridiculous requirements for m+ or any pug environment really...I stopped playing because in season 1 on my frost dk i would never get into groups for m+ ...I remember specifically just trying to get anything done...it was a +8 and my ilvl was higher than the rewards from it and I was told they wouldnt take me cause my ilvl was too low.....then same thing happened on my mage in S2...I decided I had enough playing wow and haven't looked back. Don't miss it either.

You should really just stop PUG'ing content. Do M+ with your guild or friends as it is much more enjoyable. Stop playing with random people that you will never see again

Crit damage boots, damage proc wrists, and damage proc gloves are going to be exceptionally strong for their ilvl. Try the lottery until you get socketed versions, then boost those.

Of course, this only applies inside the Eternal Palace. Outside of the raid, those slots will be occupied by M+ weekly cache gear or Mythic Eternal Palace gear, like everything else.

Competitive is such a nice word, the LEGION status was "not viable".

8.2 sadly did not break the BoS meta and you are 8% behind in DPS if you choose the alternatives. Right now with still reaping ongoing, there is no way to keep up with outlaw, dh, unholy because of the sheer cheese with reaping burst.

Right now the simDPS numbers are not really impressive, the disadvantages in mobility and utility are not changed and the new affix might favour rogue/dh even more than before - the competition will be just as bad or worse as in S1 and S2.

I would not bet on buffs after the heroic week. The other classes are higher in simDPS but the outlier is just unholy and frost DK (again), so I would not be surprised if blizzard does another "lets wait for data" and just ignores the mythic data or the lack of dk parses.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    a few benthic pieces are BIS for many specs rn so uh..

Don't PUG M+. If you're worrying about the meta impression of your class to the community at large, you're already outside of the intended audience of M+. Yes there's a PUG scene, that doesn't mean that's the intended experience.