Poll: Why are you on Nazjatar?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    How are they useless? Socketed 425 benthic can beat even mythic palace gear unless it procs something.
    WoW i didnt know that.
    I have all Benthic slots with a gem socket

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Im just here so I dont get fined
    I dont understand the joke...really mysterious reference. Im so curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    I like that there's a path to gearing outside of raiding/mythic+, even if its a big grind. It gives you something to work towards instead of running your weekly raid/mythic and rolling an alt/logging out
    Love it don't need to do all that now plus if i do the events later on i get to get a overall better ilvl then before!
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2019-07-02 at 03:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Do you think there is a lot...or at least "some" people like me?
    Crazy people who will farm 1000 manapearls for month/s just so they can level up all Benthic gear on all slots?

Mostly casuals who have no other way of getting better gear.
    The irony of you saying you have no way of getting better gear because you are " casual " yet you are going to spend months farming benthic gear

Have you ever thought if you applied the time you play the game to actual end game content you would get gear better than benthic ? Imagine the "months farming" you spent on raids and M+ instead of just farming Benthic

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont know what any of that means
    But i only realized now...im losing 10 manapearls daily for not having Warmode ON im failing hard
    Algans (Lost or Wayward) are a type of monster you find in Nazjatar. They are Neutral and of Elemental type, they can drop Manapearls, but not always.

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post
    The irony of you saying you have no way of getting better gear because you are " casual " yet you are going to spend months farming benthic gear

Have you ever thought if you applied the time you play the game to actual end game content you would get gear better than benthic ? Imagine the "months farming" you spent on raids and M+ instead of just farming Benthic
    I dont want drama, that is all.

Rated Arena - Drama
    Mythic +10 - Drama
    Raiding - Drama

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Algans (Lost or Wayward) are a type of monster you find in Nazjatar. They are Neutral and of Elemental type, they can drop Manapearls, but not always.
    So i guess i shall start killing them while i wait for the PvP event to start
    PvP event starts every hour? i dont know

10+ Year Old Account

Rated Arena - Drama
    Mythic +10 - Drama
    Raiding - Drama
    Uhhhhhhh .... okay

15+ Year Old Account
    You'll have to find them first, they aren't that available. I've only really seen two since I started looking, though I haven't played much in Nazjatar, been focusing on Mechagon. As for the PvP Event, it feels like it is less than once per hour. Though the debuff suggests it can happen more often, because otherwise why bother with the debuff at all?

Quote Originally Posted by ultima ratio View Post
    for gear that will be useless next week? hf

pearls will naturally come by time, no need to no-life them. its summer...
    A few of the items are bis for the raid. Id expect how helpful they are to be nerfed though.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW i didnt know that.
    I have all Benthic slots with a gem socket

- - - Updated - - -

I dont understand the joke...really mysterious reference. Im so curious...
    I hit a socket and avoidance on the tank threat/damaged item. I was pretty happy with that. Sadly it is a tank I rarely raid on, but still a sweet pick up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

First and foremost, I'm in Nazjatar to unlock flying, but I also want the mount and intend to earn the achievement.

Rated Arena - Drama
    Mythic +10 - Drama
    Raiding - Drama

- - - Updated - - -

You have had some very bad luck or an extremely low bat for what is dramatic, being dramtic about drama perhaps. Seriously though there are a lot of great groups out there at every progression level that is fun loving and drama free. As Levar Burton would say, you don’t have to take my word for it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    You have had some very bad luck or an extremely low bat for what is dramatic, being dramtic about drama perhaps. Seriously though there are a lot of great groups out there at every progression level that is fun loving and drama free. As Levar Burton would say, you don’t have to take my word for it.

My friends are jackasses who only talk shit to me and always blame me for a Arena loss. I got sick and tired of it and said /bye.
    Guilds have drama because of my lazyness. I admit. I skip some raid days because i burnout...totally my fault.
    Mythic +....its a crap show with random people and i always get frustrated.

I guess i could find new friends
    I guess i could stop being lazy
    And I guess...i could find a awesome guild?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post

There's a pretty clear difference in casually farming pearls, which allows you to drop the game on a dime if you need/want to do something else, versus getting locked into a dungeon/raid (especially ifyou're pugging a raid, because who wants to kill bosses you've already killed for no chance at loot if you have to leave halfway through?).

I play casually. I work 40 hours a week plus I'm putting myself through college, I don't have time for any sort of raiding and barely have time to pop a few dungeons out a week, should I be inclined to deal with: a. 40 minute queue timers as a dps or b. idiot dps who die to stupid shit and subsequently lash out as a tank or healer. **Edit** or C. Shithead tanks who think they're god's gift to the game and refuses to even consider listening to the healer or dps to chill for a moment because mana or something else.
    Last edited by Molvonos; 2019-07-02 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Additional option
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Manapearls are alright. I don't think they're particularly addictive though.

I don't like that Benthic gear can roll sockets randomly. Especially now that the new gems are stronger. It makes all non-socketed pieces trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Manapearls are alright. I don't think they're particularly addictive though.

I don't like that Benthic gear can roll sockets randomly. Especially now that the new gems are stronger. It makes all non-socketed pieces trash.
    What i did to have gem sockets on all slots of Benthic gear:

2 alts

Did the starting quests and everything that could be done on day 1...PLUS i opened a chest that unlocks the Laboratory event which gives a crap ton of pearls.
    You get around 30-40 pearls per alt on day one.

Buy Benthic gear 1 by 1 and send it to your main...until it procs.

I managed to get sockets on all slots like this.
    Basically use alts for gem socket procs.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-07-02 at 06:06 PM.

What i did to have Meta sockets on all slots of Benthic gear:

2 alts

Did the starting quests and everything that could be done on day 1...PLUS o opened a chest that unlocks the Laboratory event which gives a crap ton of pearls.
    You get around 30-40 pearls per alt on day one.

Buy Benthic gear 1 by 1 and send it to your main...until a socket procs.

I managed to get sockets on all slots like this.
    Basically use alts for meta socket procs.
    I think you're missing the point. Just because you can brute-force it doesn't mean I will stop disliking it. I also don't play any alts, so abusing the laboratory event doesn't even work for me.

Besides, I'm a mythic raider. All my gear is 415+, and I'm 418 ilvl. Every piece needs to be upgraded to at least 410 with socket to be worth replacing; most of them need even higher than that. Realistically I will probably only replace my wrists and hands since those were my lowest pieces. Since I already need a lot of manapearls to upgrade, it's annoying to have to reroll the starting piece to get a socket to begin with.
    Last edited by Khallid; 2019-07-02 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Not true at all, the Benthic gear is a good stepping stone for alts to get them into S3 M+ and Normal/Heroic EP. Without that you would have to spend time farming the upgraded world quests when S3 launches (wasting time) or try to get into groups with your 360 blues.

Fail to see how that makes Benthic gear useless.
    since benthic gear upgrades r not account-wide, but BoP its almost useless. even 7/7 upgraded 425 10+ keys provide faster 430 gear, chest 440. its going to be useless when EP HC opens next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    I think you're missing the point. Just because you can brute-force it doesn't mean I will stop disliking it. I also don't play any alts, so abusing the laboratory event doesn't even work for me.

Besides, I'm a mythic raider. All my gear is 415+, and I'm 418 ilvl. Every piece needs to be upgraded to at least 410 with socket to be worth replacing; most of them need even higher than that. Realistically I will probably only replace my wrists and hands since those were my lowest pieces. Since I already need a lot of manapearls to upgrade, it's annoying to have to reroll the starting piece to get a socket to begin with.
    In your specific case use 30 manapearls to get the proc on your wrist and hands.

I dont know if it was a bug at the time...but with 30 manapearls i was always able to get at least 1 proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Verdict View Post
    since benthic gear upgrades r not account-wide, but BoP its almost useless. even 7/7 upgraded 425 10+ keys provide faster 430 gear, chest 440. its going to be useless when EP HC opens next week.
    You're never going to do a S3 +10 in 360 blues, you need to get the catch up gear now unless you wanna waste time doing S3 world quests or low M+. That's just for under geared alts and returning players, but even a 7/7 upgraded piece can be bis for mains since there is limited RNG on the stats and you can target a specific combo.

The point is calling Benthic gear useless is just factually incorrect.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    You're never going to do a S3 +10 in 360 blues, you need to get the catch up gear now unless you wanna waste time doing S3 world quests or low M+. That's just for under geared alts and returning players, but even a 7/7 upgraded piece can be bis for mains since there is limited RNG on the stats and you can target a specific combo.

The point is calling Benthic gear useless is just factually incorrect.
    ja, ok, cuz these millions manapearls for 425 lvl gear will be farmed easily until next week on ur low geard alt. cuz with the next week mythic and hc route will be much faster than collecting millions of manapearls.

and no, Benthic gear wont be BIS for mains.

so again: its useless next week (as stated by ultima ratio), as there r more efficient catch-ups. but if u like to waste ur time with underpowered gear, have it ur way

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    How are they useless? Socketed 425 benthic can beat even mythic palace gear unless it procs something.
    We will most likely clear heroic in the first ID, worst case the second.I will literally replace all of it in one, max two weeks time.
    Dont get me wrong, I am still doing the dailies and save my passively farmed pearls up and if any procc gets changed or buffed I will be ready, but currently its just strictly worde than mythic tear.