So after falling a grand total of about 465 SR over a 6 day period, usually winning 1 game for every 5 I lost and my SR going to only losing 2 SR on a loss, I suddenly find myself getting teammates who communicate, act like they can hit the enemy, and don’t charge in 1 at a time when we lose momentum.
    Now that I’m winning again, I decided to call it for a while after running into a 3 stack that had a Rein and would charge in right from our spawn point, going past the enemy front line and dying behind the enemy setup. He did this about 3 times to which I asked him to please stop doing it, watched him do it 2 more times and then complain on the 5th time that he wasn’t getting healed at all. When he finally stops doing it, we have momentum and push nonstop to about 1/2 way from the second checkpoint. At that point, the Zarya that was grouped with him just tells people to stay on cart while they carry the game and how they have all the golds (keeping in mind as Moira I have 3 myself). Never mind the fact that their 3 stack would have died nonstop if I hadn’t come off the cart to heal them and their Mercy on every push.
    Last rounds in OT, enemy runs Bastion and Sym, we barely push. Same guy starts trash talking the team again. Our final defense, we run the same comp as enemy only we have 1-4-1 where I’m suddenly on tank and the Zarya is on Sym. After the match, he trash talks the other team with “my Sym better than yours,” not once realizing the whole team held them back and I even had to sac myself to keep them pushing cart long enough for Baptiste’s immortality field to die or go away.
    Just way too toxic for me at that point.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-06-27 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another day of Overwatch, and now to spend several hours not being able to climb
    because of mouth breathing incompetent teammates, with the occasional leaver,
    and thrower mixed in. So from trying to go up 100 points, I'll spend most of it just
    trying to get back those 100 points and leave with the same amount (roughly) that
    I started with.

Man, can Blizzard make a "quality" matchmaking system or what.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Another day of Overwatch, and now to spend several hours not being able to climb
    because of mouth breathing incompetent teammates, with the occasional leaver,
    and thrower mixed in. So from trying to go up 100 points, I'll spend most of it just
    trying to get back those 100 points and leave with the same amount (roughly) that
    I started with.

Man, can Blizzard make a "quality" matchmaking system or what.
    how are others able to climb up the ranks though.

Sounds like a personal issue. Maybe you're not as good as you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    how are others able to climb up the ranks though.
    Probably by being good with the dps carry picks. Snipers, McCree. Depending on the tank, it
    is possible to carry as well, although only with comms.

Sounds like a personal issue. Maybe you're not as good as you think.
    Nah, I know I'm not Upper Diamond level and nowhere close to anything above it.

My game sense and skill are fine for Plat and low Diamond, but when you're consistently
    paired with bad teammates and the like, you never get the chance to get there. Not with
    as shit a system as this game's.

I mostly play Support and tanks, so I.E., not the characters that solo carry games.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-06-30 at 03:54 AM.

Thought I'd give this a game a try again after not having played for a few seasons, the first 3 games the chat is filled with toxic players "U SUCK. GO DIE OF CANCER. U RETARD NOOB UNINSTALL THE GAME" wow, I think the toxicity has increased a few thousand levels since last :P

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Saiteck View Post
    Thought I'd give this a game a try again after not having played for a few seasons, the first 3 games the chat is filled with toxic players "U SUCK. GO DIE OF CANCER. U RETARD NOOB UNINSTALL THE GAME" wow, I think the toxicity has increased a few thousand levels since last :P
    Honestly majority of my matches are silent, after that it's random banter and while there certainly are cases of toxic asses those are the minority. Perhaps you got unlucky with a streak of tilted douches.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiteck View Post
    I have encountered this maybe once or twice in about 1000hrs of play, maybe it's a rank thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    It's very common in plat and diamond if they're looking for someone to blame. I get at least one thank you for reporting every session I play, often more.
    I'm on EU in plat and I don't see that much, sure there's people being asshats but not the GET CANCER AND DIE-kind of asshats.

I see it every third or fourth game and I play eu too in play and diamond.
    I don’t see toxicity that level too much, but it does happen. I do see toxicity of swear words and racial slurs almost every other game lately.

I see it every third or fourth game and I play eu too in play and diamond.
    Strange. Maybe I'm more charming than I give myself credit for.

Just tried playing this game again after a few months. Quickly remembered why I haven't played in months.

First time playing placements on a new account after getting it to 25, playing only Mei, ranked into diamond. People were complaining about me smurfing even though it's only a new account where I strictly play one character on rather than switching around.

10+ Year Old Account
    A one trick and a smurf, it's almost like you're everything wrong with the game and community right now.

Tons of smurfs and aim assists. Nothing like 100% head shot Widows, and Hanzos getting ults off in 30 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    First time playing placements on a new account after getting it to 25, playing only Mei, ranked into diamond. People were complaining about me smurfing even though it's only a new account where I strictly play one character on rather than switching around.
    Good player on a new account and wonders why smurf is used.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's word going around that there's been some MMR changes to shorten queue times, at the expense of the safeguards on match quality. I have had notably short queues, and notably bad matches. Seems there might be something in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There's word going around that there's been some MMR changes to shorten queue times, at the expense of the safeguards on match quality. I have had notably short queues, and notably bad matches. Seems there might be something in it.
    I hope it's not true and just coincidence there, this is not a trade I'd like to make.

Won a game with an obnoxious trio that claimed to have carried that match, saying things along those lines and "you're welcome" with lots of dudebro co laughter.

Avoided them and queued into them thrice more,

The litany of insults they threw my way as the second and third games ended were a savory spice.

Avoiding only 3 people at a time is not nearly enough. Developers need to stop trying to police toxicity (as everyone's opinions of what is toxic is different), and just give that power to players to control who they want to play with. It would go a long way to improving the experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post
    Avoiding only 3 people at a time is not nearly enough. Developers need to stop trying to police toxicity (as everyone's opinions of what is toxic is different), and just give that power to players to control who they want to play with. It would go a long way to improving the experience.
    There's a feature called Looking for Group. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There's a feature called Looking for Group. You should try it.
    Nobody uses it. It's useless. If there are any groups up, they're in most cases in gold or plat territory and I can't queue with them any way.

- - - Updated - - -

They really need to add a role queue to the game. They also need to separate solo play from group players. Ending up vs 5 or 6-stacks when you're all solo players on the team is just ridiculous.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-07-09 at 02:09 AM.