Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    given the amount of mail users, it would make the most sense to add another mail class instead of cloth or plate, which are both already at 3 classes. It's stupid enough that we got TWO leather classes in a row, so if the next one isn't a mail, it's just going to be facepalming all day long.
    Which is why I said a cloth wearing dps caster/healer or mail tank. Could also be a cloth tank but I doubt Blizzard would do that since they don't like making cloth classes get buffs that increase their armor any more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    Well I disagree with you. I just dont see the warrior and think Blademaster.
    Maybe the problem is you putting your imagination far ahead the lore?

Lets go back a bit,where and how Blademasters came to be? what the initial lore?

Blademasters are legendary orc warriors from the burning blade clan, Samwise Didier even created Samuro with the example of his orc character in D&D

Wherever you see a blademaster you automatically think about the ones in warcraft 3 and those are orc warriors.

Blademaster Akinos in orgrimmar is a warrior and a Warrior trainer.

followers in the Garrison are tagged as Warriors arms, like Lantresor of the Blade

The only thing they have in common is the two handed weapon and the bladestorm.
    And bladestorm is like, one of the key abilities, their "ultimate" obviously a warrior thing, they have in common though, mobility, power strikes, the critical

And concerning abilities, mages have mirror images. Both classes (or specs) have those abilities because they are cool. Warlock did have metamorphosis, and was not a demon hunter. I think this goes the same way.
    it don't, thats totally different things, btw, they could always remove mirror image from mages and give to warriors, like they removed meta from warlock and put on DH

Thanks, thats the problem with warriors.
    Monks are the closest to Blademaster
    They are rly not, Again, monks are weaponless fighters, is their whole premise, their whole theme, the weapons are accessories in their martial arts, not their main thing, for warrior and blademasters their blade is everything.

Its like saying a monk is more close to a samurai than an actual warrior

Samuro in HotS is a very good template, and with a bit more work there could be a good class. And to me this should be a class. If someone disagrees thats fair game.
    Samuro never trained chi, or other monk shit, he is a warrior of the burning blade clan and managed to the rank of Blademaster like others.

With more work from blizz they could actually deliver us more Class fantasy, they could make arms be more like the blademasters, like Jubei'thos in hellfire citadel

There is no way to pull an entire class from an already spec within the warrior class
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-07-03 at 10:02 AM.

Intro mechagon cinematic and PVE Island opposing teams point towards tinkers being the next class

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Maybe the problem is you putting your imagination far ahead the lore?

Lets go back a bit,where and how Blademasters came to be? what the initial lore?

Blademasters are legendary orc warriors from the burning blade clan, Samwise Didier even created Samuro with the example of his orc character in D&D

Wherever you see a blademaster you automatically think about the ones in warcraft 3 and those are orc warriors.

Blademaster Akinos in orgrimmar is a warrior and a Warrior trainer.

followers in the Garrison are tagged as Warriors arms, like Lantresor of the Blade

And bladestorm is like, one of the key abilities, their "ultimate" obviously a warrior thing, they have in common though, mobility, power strikes, the critical

it don't, thats totally different things, btw, they could always remove mirror image from mages and give to warriors, like they removed meta from warlock and put on DH

They are rly not, Again, monks are weaponless fighters, is their whole premise, their whole theme, the weapons are accessories in their martial arts, not their main thing, for warrior and blademasters their blade is everything.

Its like saying a monk is more close to a samurai than an actual warrior

Samuro never trained chi, or other monk shit, he is a warrior of the burning blade clan and managed to the rank of Blademaster like others.

With more work from blizz they could actually deliver us more Class fantasy, they could make arms be more like the blademasters, like Jubei'thos in hellfire citadel

There is no way to pull an entire class from an already spec within the warrior class
    I see your argument that they are warriors as just saying rogues, monks, death knighs, and all other melee classes are warriors. I think Blizz did not put the tag Blademaster in the game thats why they are tagged as warriors. They have to be shown as a class, so they pick one that is close. And yes, the Warrior is one of the closest. But as I said, probably every Blademaster started as a Warrior, but became a Blademaster. this is a whole other level than arms "tactician" warrior. Why does a Blademaster train the Warriors in OG? Because they should learn from the best. Could they become a Blademaster? Sure. But not all of them.
    And yes, blizz could take some abilities and rework them into the Arms Warrior. And I would be happy if they make a real Blademaster out of the Arms Warrior. Add the right Transmog and I am good.
    I could live with that. But if you dont see the things in a possible real Blademaster hero class that is fine. You dont have to. You are probably not such a big fan of Blademasters.
    Samwise did start with a warrior. But Blademasters are much more than that now. Go ahead, take a look at Samuro. He is the REAL way a Blademaster is imagined by Blizz. Does he play like a Warrior? in some ways, of course. So, and this is important, is a warrior a Blademaster for you? Yes? Ok. To me, absolutely not.
    Now we could throw our arguments at each other, but we wont convince the other one of our opinioin. And thats fine. You think Arms Warrios are the closest we can get as a blademaster. I see at least two specs that could work for a new class.
    another problem is, that every race can become a Warrior. And thats not the right thing for blademasters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Good ol Stroggylos View Post
    Intro mechagon cinematic and PVE Island opposing teams point towards tinkers being the next class
    Oh yes, Tinker will probably be the next hero class. They could bring a tank, range and heal spec with it, and add a new mail wearer to the table. I would put my gold on Tinker as the next hero class. Probably Goblins, Vulpera, Gnome and Tech Gnome only, if all of those will be playble races
    Last edited by Bas Prime; 2019-07-03 at 11:12 AM.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wait, what do Vulpera have to do with complex tech and engineering???
    its just more a feeling like a real fact. It was my opinion. They are like scavangers, use everything they can get to survive. This one quest where you use the goblin or gnome tech? they use it. maybe thats why. Besides, we dont know a lot about them. Lore is a thing of creating
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

7+ Year Old Account
    So you keep showing to me, that you have no real idea about the blademasters.
    yeah... says the guy who think they are more close to monk

Your argument that they are warriors is just like saying rogues, monks, death knighs, and all other melee classes are warriors.
    thats not my argument, my argument is blademasters are warriors because is what they are, its their definition in wow and inlore

And why are those Blademasters tagged as warriors?Because Blizz did not put the tag Blademaster in the game. They have to be shown as a class, so they pick one that is close
    or you know, because they are warriors? the tag blademaster is like a tittle.

And yes, the Warrior is one of the closest. But as I said, probably every Blademaster started as a Warrior, but became a Blademaster. this is a whole other level than arms "tactician" warrior. Why does a Blademaster train the Warriors in OG? Because they should learn from the best. Could they become a Blademaster? Sure. But not all of them.
    He start as a warrior and become something else? a different class? just no, the warriors train with the best warriors, aka blademasters

the lest they can do is a prestige spec withing the warrior class together with mountain king, but thats totally unnecessary

And yes, blizz could take some abilities and rework them into the Arms Warrior. And I would be happy if they make a real Blademaster out of the Arms Warrior. Add the right Transmog and I am good.
    And they just need to put those skills 2 there, and arms will be completely blademasters playable.

You are probably not such a big fan of Blademasters.
    or i am, thats i think warriors are already blademasters, and all what is take is the good old RP, same way a dwarf can RP as a mountain king, the class give you liberty, and not focus on just one, and a new class is not needed, since it would rip off the spec theme and take away their abilities when there is no sense like did in DH case

Samwise did start with a warrior. But Blademasters are much more than that now. Go ahead, take a look at Samuro. He is the REAL way a Blademaster is imagined by Blizz.
    the only difference still are those 2 skills, mirror image and wind walk

about samuro in hots:
    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/allst...nArtanis00.ogg
    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/allst...Question01.ogg

Does he play like a Warrior? in some ways, of course. So, and this is important, is a warrior a Blademaster for you? Yes? Ok. To me, absolutely not.
    Now we could throw our arguments at each other, but we wont convince the other one of our opinioin. And thats fine. You think Arms Warrios are the closest we can get as a blademaster. I see at least two specs that could work for a new class.
    Like i said you are giving yourself to the imagination and being blind about the rest.

Blademasters are arms warriors already, the whole premise of blademasters are being legendary orc warriors, who mastered the blade, they are not another class but a tittle, Same as the far seer, they are strong shaman, not another class

Blademasters are based on Saumurais, and what they are? warriors;

yeah... says the guy who think they are more close to monk

thats not my argument, my argument is blademasters are warriors because is what they are, its their definition in wow and inlore

or you know, because they are warriors? the tag blademaster is like a tittle.

He start as a warrior and become something else? a different class? just no, the warriors train with the best warriors, aka blademasters

the lest they can do is a prestige spec withing the warrior class together with mountain king, but thats totally unnecessary

And they just need to put those skills 2 there, and arms will be completely blademasters playable.

or i am, thats i think warriors are already blademasters, and all what is take is the good old RP, same way a dwarf can RP as a mountain king, the class give you liberty, and not focus on just one, and a new class is not needed, since it would rip off the spec theme and take away their abilities when there is no sense like did in DH case

the only difference still are those 2 skills, mirror image and wind walk

about samuro in hots:
    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/allst...nArtanis00.ogg
    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/allst...Question01.ogg

Like i said you are giving yourself to the imagination and being blind about the rest.

Blademasters are arms warriors already, the whole premise of blademasters are being legendary orc warriors, who mastered the blade, they are not another class but a tittle, Same as the far seer, they are strong shaman, not another class

Blademasters are based on Saumurais, and what they are? warriors;
    at this point, we just cant keep going like this. I accept your point of view, and my edit came a bit to late, since i thought it was to edgy and i dont want to get that kind of way in a discussion. So I step away from talking to you, since we clearly are not on the same space. I thank you for your input, but you just repeat the points I already heard in the last 10 years, and i just dont see them. I am biased, I know that, but why talk it out with someone who is not interested in it and seems to not want to add the imagniary energy to it.
    (300)

7+ Year Old Account
    at this point, we just cant keep going like this. I accept your point of view, and my edit came a bit to late, since i thought it was to edgy and i dont want to get that kind of way in a discussion. So I step away from talking to you, since we clearly are not on the same space. I thank you for your input, but you just repeat the points I already heard in the last 10 years, and i just dont see them. I am biased, I know that, but why talk it out with someone who is not interested in it and seems to not want to add the imagniary energy to it.
    you know, maybe if you heard those points for the last ten years, maybe, just maybe, they are indeed real

its just not gonna happen, like i said, in the best scenario, a prestige class, just a cosmetic thing or if they decide to go crazy a 4 spec, but bet my left nut they would go for a gladiator sword and shield.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Dreanei have been with the Alliance since TBC and I think there were a couple Dreanei Blademaster NPCs.

Between WW Monks and Warrior there just isn’t enough design space for Blademasters as a separate class.
    There has only been one; Telaamon the Lightforged

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There has only been one; Telaamon the Lightforged
    And he is more paladin with light spells than an actual blademaster
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-07-03 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Unless this class is a ranged caster, it won't happen. There is literally too many melee classes in the game right now. Hell they took away a ranged class in Legion to make it into a melee class. Ranged literally LOST a class recently!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW next hero class or next "regular" class released will be cloth (caster/healer) or mail (tank) wearing and have 3 specs that are ranged including one that is a healer. Possibly having one of the specs being a ranged tank.
    Every new class that has been added since launch has been melee and one formerly ranged spec was converted to melee. There are less ranged options now than there were at launch. When/if they add a new class it really needs a range dps option.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Every new class that has been added since launch has been melee and one formerly ranged spec was converted to melee. There are less ranged options now than there were at launch. When/if they add a new class it really needs a range dps option.
    and tbf there is not many melee options left by now

i think tinker and necromancer are on the list, and tinker if melee, i think would be just a tank spec

you know, maybe if you heard those points for the last ten years, maybe, just maybe, they are indeed real

its just not gonna happen, like i said, in the best scenario, a prestige class, just a cosmetic thing or if they decide to go crazy a 4 spec, but bet my left nut they would go for a gladiator sword and shield.
    You know, I just stop arguing with people who can't see the differenz between fighter and warrior. And have no idea about how game mechanics work. A Arms warrior is a blademaster. Yeah, like a ferrari is a car. Is the Arms spec the Blademaster? No, not even close. If you think so, you are kidding yourself. Its like saying the Warlock is a Demon Hunter because he did have two of the abilities a Demon hunter uses. There is no class in the game that is a blademaster, or it would be called blademaster.

And he is more paladin than an actual blademaster with light spells.
    No and yes. His abilities are based on the light as far as i remember but he also uses mirror images. His visual style and the title are probably not a coincidence
    Last edited by Bas Prime; 2019-07-03 at 01:55 PM.
    (300)

blademaster isnt an orcish thing anymore that was retconned in legion. idk if you all forgot about blademaster telaamon but he was a lightforged blademaster who never had any contact with orcs. now you may try to pretend hes a paladin but he's a blademaster like it says in his title. he uses mirror image and other blademaster abilities and has a holy light theme because hes a lightforged and they all do no matter what class they are.

its actually likely that orcs learned the ways of the blademaster from another draenei blademaster who actually came to draenor. but since there are also ankoan blademasters it seems like its just a thing lots of cultures come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    blademaster isnt an orcish thing anymore that was retconned in legion. idk if you all forgot about blademaster telaamon but he was a lightforged blademaster who never had any contact with orcs. now you may try to pretend hes a paladin but he's a blademaster like it says in his title. he uses mirror image and other blademaster abilities and has a holy light theme because hes a lightforged and they all do no matter what class they are.

its actually likely that orcs learned the ways of the blademaster from another draenei blademaster who actually came to draenor. but since there are also ankoan blademasters it seems like its just a thing lots of cultures come up with.
    exactly my thoughts. The thing about the Ankoans is, where did they learn it from? How many Blademasters are there now? I counted one, but did not get far with my alt on the alliance story. Based on the stuff i know so far I could spin a story around the Ankoans being trained by Samuro, since he still did not make an appearance in WoW. Which is odd, since Blizz clearly did not forget about him, and could have easily placed him as a npc in OG instead of Wanakada or someone else. What if, and this is pure speculating and story spinning, Samuro went on a boat after his mission in Durotan, but never made it to the eastern kingdoms. Maybe he met the Ankoans and trained some of them. And they picked that up?
    I see a development towards a story here, or more specific, I hope for a story. Well, one can dream. At least it looks like the Blademaster lore is going to get a bit deeper.
    (300)

tbh i doubt the lore is going to get deeper they seem to be making it less deep to the point that to be a blademaster all it takes is to be a guy with a samurai inspired outfit and talk like a weeb

if anything the lore is drying up as it is in all of wow

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot how easily ppl misinterpret flavor text/flavor lore

7+ Year Old Account
    You know, I just stop arguing with people who can't see the differenz between fighter and warrior. And have no idea about how game mechanics work.
    you just undermine your own arguments when you explicitly claim you are biased and try to call out others that "they can't see"
    A Arms warrior is a blademaster. Yeah, like a ferrari is a car. Is the Arms spec the Blademaster? No, not even close. If you think so, you are kidding yourself.
    a car is a car regardless, no matter the skin, they do the same thing and have the same function, you can always paint your car or change the model, aka transmogs

And yes they are very close, you know, master of weapons - blades - their mobility and precision, their skills
    Its like saying the Warlock is a Demon Hunter because he did have two of the abilities a Demon hunter uses.
    one ability, but then again, those are 2 different classes, its like a ship and a car, they were always a separate thing back in warrcraft3, both totally different in lore,of how they use the magic, and many other things, you could not name a single difference between blademaster and warrior except the lack of 2 skills.

There is no class in the game that is a blademaster, or it would be called blademaster.
    >warrior, arms spec

blademaster isnt an orcish thing anymore that was retconned in legion.
    What is the retcon?

there are only 3 blademasters who aren't orc as far i can remember, one is a saberon in WoD, who prob learned seeinig orcs, a mantid in SoO, and this telamon guy

thats a stretch and impossible, no sense a ancient orc culture thing be retconed to be "taught by draenei", they already are too much perfect to get other thing, and as far as i know they existed before Draenei arrival

its more likely that every culture pops up with their own theme and ways of blademasters, like other class, orcs by example are more relate with bushido and saumari theme

and apparently Telaamon is dead already, that was quick.

tbh i doubt the lore is going to get deeper they seem to be making it less deep to the point that to be a blademaster all it takes is to be a guy with a samurai inspired outfit and talk like a weeb

if anything the lore is drying up as it is in all of wow
    at least blizz is using the Blademaster a bit more in the last time. Of course, I as a fan see those things a lot more in the front than overs. That Blademasters show up more often now than before does not need to mean anything. Still my point stands, that it is very weird that Blizz started to do this on alliance side. It was an Horde thing (and some npcs where given the title) and alliance did not have anything to do with it. That now in this expac, two connections where created is just interesting.
    In Legion I thought Blademaster Telaamon (the Draenei) was just a nod to a character, an easter egg. Yes, big sword and no shoulders, but I thought it was (sadly) just a coincidence. But then they gave him the abillities. This changes a lot, at least to me. A Draenei is now a real Blademaster as we know them from the Burning Blade (comparable). He used the abilities and therefor it could be used to deepen the lore. I would go so far as to say from my understanding, Blademaster Draenei are canon, and with that it could be possible to have a playable class on both factions.
    Now the Ankoans just confirm this. They even have the mentality of the way I would imagine a Blademaster clan. Now of course there is only the one Blademaster so far (correct me if i am wrong) and the others are Bladesman, but this could mean they are in training. Not everyone can just become a Blademaster.
    So I disagree that it just takes to be a guy with a sumurai inspired outfit and a big sword.
    I agree that this could all mean nothing. This could just be a funny thing for Blizz to give the Ankoans a new thing and an awesome look.
    (300)

A draenei blademaster wouldn't be that unrealistic, but Telaamon is a Lightforged Draenei. I suppose they could always retcon the Draenei into founding the style, but that would be a pretty lame handling of The Burning Blade, and one of the orcish iconic "hero classes" imo.