Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Using a bicycle is manlier than using a car

Think of it, when you are using a bicycle you are propelling yourself at a reasonable pace with your own muscles, when driving a car you are using stanky old dinosaur remnants to fart yourself forward.

Also the FACT that bikes are environmentally friendly compared to cars. And that bikes are a timeless classic.
    Last edited by Narwhalosh Whalescream; 2019-07-03 at 02:34 PM.

I've been an avid cyclist for years and don't give a rats ass if you think it makes me "manlier." Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    when driving a car you are using stanky old dinosaur remnants to fart yourself forward.
    I don't know, that sounds pretty damned manly.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think of it, when you are using a bicycle you are propelling yourself at a reasonable pace with your own muscles, when driving a car you are using stanky old dinosaur remnants to fart yourself forward.

Also the FACT that bikes are environmentally friendly compared to cars. And that bikes are a timeless classic.
    Yep. Nothing manlier than caressing a leather bicycle seat between the flesh of your thighs as you straddle it while sweating furiously.

Just guys bein' dudes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Cardio is for girls so manlier ? dont think so

healthy sure
    good for environmet sure
    manlier not so much

if you go to a proper gym most men wil most often focus on the weightlifting with minimal cardio and most girls do mostly cardio
    obviously there are exceptions and i wish there where more of those but alot of cardio = mostly girls thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma84 View Post
    Cardio is for girls so manlier ?
    Hey fellas, is it gay if you get your heart rate above resting? Asking for a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I use my bike because it's more convenient to just jump on my bike for a short commute to whatever. I also enjoy being outside during summer.

Whether it's more masculine or not? Who the hell cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Hey fellas, is it gay if you get your heart rate above resting? Asking for a friend.
    I'd advice against asking Lance, I hear he has a short temper.

Oh shut up. My V6 eats your bike any time of the day.
    On a nice day I enjoy my bike, too. But nowhere near does it make as much fun as my car does, and let's not talk about how convenient my car is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing manlier than some thick juicy man-quads.

I guess if wasting time is your top priority. Mine is driving a car that could potentially kill a cyclist. Sorry, I hate them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but you're dead wrong. my awesome beard, swordsmanship, and inhuman pain tolerance are my manly traits. None of those things are "being an asshole who thinks the roads belong to him and not the cars they're actually designed for." as most bicyclists appear to believe.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    No it 's not

Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma84 View Post
    if you go to a proper gym most men wil most often focus on the weightlifting with minimal cardio and most girls do mostly cardio
    obviously there are exceptions and i wish there where more of those but alot of cardio = mostly girls thing
    I think this is probably true among people that are looking primarily for appearance and health. Once you into actual sports, pretty much everything has more men than women that are trying to be competitive. You can see this at any local running race - there's almost always more women than men, but usually five or ten times as many men that are posting times that would be moderately competitive at a collegiate level.

Whatever motivates you towards health and fitness, I guess...

I use a car because it's 30 miles round trip to and from work. I could bike this, I suppose, but I'm not super interested in doing so.

My car is electric... but using a term like dinosaur remnants to describe gas makes me want to switch back.

Using a bicycle is manlier than using a car
    Hahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Biking has nothing to do with manliness and everything to do with convenience. Only those that have convenient enough lives can "bike" to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I could use my own farts to propel me I would. Don't bother linking "The Fart Car" I've already seen it several times.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Biking has nothing to do with manliness and everything to do with convenience. Only those that have convenient enough lives can "bike" to work.
    Obviously there are a lot of different environments around the country, but what makes you specifically say that being able to bike to work indicates that someone has a convenient life?