Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Yep, as if right now Warmode might as well not exist any more for me. This just happened

I called it since the introduction that Flying would kill off the actual point of Warmode, and for me today is that day. I literally only play to enjoy Warmode atm due to lack of time, and because people are able to simply fly off there's no reason for me to even leave the city any more. As you can see in the video above, that guy is far more geared than I am [420 vs my 394]; I fight for the fun and challenge of it not just to gank lesser geared players. If people who vastly out gear me are just going to run away what is the point at all.

I added his Battle Tag and asked what the point of using Warmode was if he's not actually going to PvP and fly off, the response?
    "Can go about doing my wqs and not die"

They need to disable flying in Warmode, it's fucking awful.

Just wait until it's call to arms and 20 people just drop on you from the sky suddenly whenever you're trying to do a daily. The should have never enabled flying with warmode on, it's going to be a total shitshow now for anyone with it left on.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm buying a month's time tomorrow to play the new content as Alliance main. Should I turn it on after they changed how the PvP event works or still too much zugzug taking place?

it's interesting how every thread talking about warmode ends in "you alliance are all crybabies" "you horde cant 1:1 you only engage with 10:1"

dont you realize how stupid this is? how can you people SERIOUSLY think you can put any behavior or attribute to a specific faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    So, I'm buying a month's time tomorrow to play the new content as Alliance main. Should I turn it on after they changed how the PvP event works or still too much zugzug taking place?
    My realm is so unbalanced (favoring Horde) that we get the PvE event everytime.
    And the Horde tags all rares to themselves.

So...in my realm its better to just have warmode OFF to farm manapearls.

The PvP/PvE event starts once every 3 hours server time.

Alliance is at 25% bonus but it's not worth turning war mode on because you die every 20 seconds vs 5-10 horde players.

Some time ago with 15% bonus it was fine to turn it on but now it's like horde have free 10% bonus and alliance have 0% because turning war mode on means +2hours play time daily to finish this boring quests

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    God no. Just because they changed it from the PVP to the PVE event doesn't really change anything. It just means that instead of being unable to cap a tower due to the well hordes of Horde, you won't be able to kill one of the commanders because of the hordes of Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    Because the game is only meant to be played at a single speed, and that’s full speed, being stuck at epic mount speed is well below full speed.
    Yeah right lets go full speed finish all the content, talk to nobody and then complain about BFA and compare it to vanilla where there is no flying ....

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    My realm is so unbalanced (favoring Horde) that we get the PvE event everytime.
    Your. Realm. Population. Is. TOTALLY. FUCKING. IRRELEVANT.

Warmode instances of zones are created from EVERY. PERSON. WITH. WARMODE. ON. IN. YOUR. REGION.

that simple.

Your personal server could be 10,000 to 1, that doesn't matter.

It matters how many people have Warmode turned on region-wide.

How do people STILL not get this despite Blizzard laying out EXACTLY how it works since just after the launch of the xpac?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motso View Post
    It will never stop being funny just how woefully the MMO-C population understand the concept of anecdotal evidence.
    dear god this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Your. Realm. Population. Is. TOTALLY. FUCKING. IRRELEVANT.

Warmode instances of zones are created from EVERY. PERSON. WITH. WARMODE. ON. IN. YOUR. REGION.

that simple.

Your personal server could be 10,000 to 1, that doesn't matter.

It matters how many people have Warmode turned on region-wide.

How do people STILL not get this despite Blizzard laying out EXACTLY how it works since just after the launch of the xpac?
    Not entirely true. RP servers are extra and pretty much all Alliance dominated. There is a reason why T&E as the only Alliance streamers around have good things to say about Warmode: They play on Argent Dawn.

5+ Year Old Account
    And yet on Frostmourne the ratio is like 80% Ally.
    Your personal experiences do not represent the actual ratios. Period.
    Invent any nonsense you choose to dismiss this, but it is a fact.
    Noone remembers the hours and hours they play unhindered, but a couple deaths to warmode pvp and the world ends.
    Not a single soul here actually knows the ratios, it is all on your own opinions/experiences. And that means nothing.
    But, we here at MMO-C have a strange idea that we know better than the people with real, actual information and not bullshit to lend credence to your own whinges.

The population distribution per region is nearly 50/50 in all regions, as stated by Blizz.

Its only slightly off (like 52/48 in NA (H/A), 47/53 in EU, etc).

Its the population per region that matters, not the population of individual servers.

If there's an imbalance in War Mode its PURELY because people of one faction or the other aren't turning it on.

That simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    So you all will be back when blizz give you another welfare free item?
    poor allys snowflakes
    how pathetic your reply is.
    Would you play game where you CONSTANTLY get ganked by 30+ members of opposite faction? And you just came to...... (e.g.) do the dailies before work/school. And you cba to search for people to organize raid to fight off the gankers? And, to mention, 99.99% of those gankers come from DIFFERENT servers (hooray to sharding).

Don't be pathetic like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    So you all will be back when blizz give you another welfare free item?
    poor allys snowflakes
    ah love this mentality, when there is literally a raid of 50-100 horde camping your main quest hub to the point of corpse camping, its not fun anymore, its not challenging, its just stupidity. feel free to race change and experience it yourself or keep quiet. I've kept WM on since the expansion came out but I turned it off for Mech and Nazj because the imbalance between factions in such a small space is an utter disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Motso View Post
    And yet on Frostmourne the ratio is like 80% Ally.
    Your personal experiences do not represent the actual ratios. Period.
    Invent any nonsense you choose to dismiss this, but it is a fact.
    Noone remembers the hours and hours they play unhindered, but a couple deaths to warmode pvp and the world ends.
    Not a single soul here actually knows the ratios, it is all on your own opinions/experiences. And that means nothing.
    But, we here at MMO-C have a strange idea that we know better than the people with real, actual information and not bullshit to lend credence to your own whinges.
    You want facts. FACT is that Alliance is outnumbered. FACT is that even if there are some shards that have Alliance majority there are a ton more that have Horde majority. FACT if Blizzard was making it 50/50 on shards you wouldn't have them where they were Horde or Alliance majority and yet you have people complaining about both. Yeah, when "a couple deaths" turns a 3 minute quest into 30 it costs a lot.

The population distribution per region is nearly 50/50 in all regions, as stated by Blizz.

Its the population per region that matters, not the population of individual servers.

If there's an imbalance in War Mode its PURELY because people of one faction or the other aren't turning it on.

That simple.
    And why do you think people aren't turning it on? It starts with a slight disadvantage. Then when the side with the advantage starts ganging up you have more people turn it off, then more, then more and more and more until we get what we have now. We had a chance at it starting to finally even out and then the Horde started bitching because one item was accidentally buffed a little too much (because it was never supposed to be a 415) and honestly now I'm starting to think they were just using that to scapegoat the fact they were upset that shit was starting to be even.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    FACT if Blizzard was making it 50/50 on shards
    You have, at best, anecdotal evidence, not "FACTS".

Blizzard does make it 50/50 on shards... until it runs out of people to place into those shards. The only "solution" to your "problem" is to basically not allow anyone to turn on War Mode unless someone on the other side does, and then kick them out when another person shuts it off.

World PvP is trash, and always has been. And i say that as a guy who primarily PvPs when he plays, and rolled on a PvP server back in Vanilla.

The only reason to want World PvP is so you can be greifing dickrag to the other faction.

You're only pissed because you cant do that.

Just shut it off and walk away and maybe Blizzard will get the hint and just stoop trying to "fix" World PvP.

Blizzard does make it 50/50 on shards... until it runs out of people to place into those shards. The only "solution" to your "problem" is to basically not allow anyone to turn on War Mode unless someone on the other side does, and then kick them out when another person shuts it off.

World PvP is trash, and always has been. And i say that as a guy who primarily PvPs when he plays, and rolled on a PvP server back in Vanilla.

The only reason to want World PvP is so you can be greifing dickrag to the other faction.

Just shut it off and walk away and maybe Blizzard will get the hint and just stoop trying to "fix" World PvP.
    I'm only "pissed" because I can't fucking do a quest while having a bit of fun doing PvP because the other side has 10x as many people. To which you're fucking admitting that it's not 50/50 while trying to say it is. Are you deranged?

Nice generalization there. I picked a pvp server in vanilla and have stuck to one ever since because the thrill of being engaged in world pvp (specifically the 1v1s to 1v2s to 2v4s and escalating skirmishes) is bar none to me in any other game. Warmode honestly succeeded in that feeling this expansion even as alliance (I play both sides equally) because the bonus loot got more alliance to turn warmode on and more of those experiences occurred.

Yes, there's no doubt that this kind of competitive or dominating environment breeds malignancy and it's obnoxious when it happens and unfortunately 8.2 poised itself to be the epitome of exactly that between the MASSIVE imbalance on different shards exacerbated by group finder raids plus people rushing flying to increase griefing. 8.1 and 8.1.5 honestly felt like golden periods of world pvp the likes of vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

That simple.
    At 120, it's 55% Horde and 45% Alliance in Europe. Given that it's a static 100%, there's actually 10% more Horde than Alliance, which means that if the same percentage of both sides turn on war mode, there will be more Horde. So, actually, more Alliance than Horde need to turn on war mode. (And we can infer that they aren't, bonus being what it is, which legitimizes all the arguments being shouted down by hoarse-voiced deniers as anecdotal.)

But, as always, less gifted people, and Horde mains, fight to keep the status quo whenever it favors Horde, and cry bloody murder whenever things approach something like a neutral playing field. Which, at this point, due to years and years and years of favoritism and/or neglect, takes actual incentives for the Alliance. Of course, not offering this hurts the Horde just as much as it does the Alliance. That is, if we still operate under the pretense that people with war mode on want world PvP, and not just a free ride to 10% more stuff.
    Last edited by Sevyvia; 2019-07-05 at 05:55 AM.

looks like it has only gotten worse with alliance at 30% on US servers this week

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I literally only play to enjoy Warmode atm due to lack of time, and because people are able to simply fly off there's no reason for me to even leave the city any more. As you can see in the video above, that guy is far more geared than I am [420 vs my 394]; I fight for the fun and challenge of it not just to gank lesser geared players. If people who vastly out gear me are just going to run away what is the point at all.
    This is why I miss pre-LEGION worldPvP. Faction balance would be a non-issue, if worldPvP would not make gear differences meaningless with the ridiculous scaling.

Did a single mythic geared ALLY player cared about some HORDE noobs ganking in groups? NO, he would just 1vsX them.
    Did a single mythic geared HORDE player cared about some ALLY noobs ganking in groups? NO, he would just 1vsX them.

But right now every casuals wet dream is implemented. You can right away choose the easiest and most "fun" class for worldPvP, there is no gear penalty for rerolling/starting new, since everything scales DOWN in YOUR FAVOUR to do what ever you want, since a single new player is just as effective in worldPvP as the veterans playing day-2-day.

Why does the "grouping up for worldPvP" happens more on the horde side?

Maybe its a bit about the fact that the raiding scene is WINNING on the horde side since a few years and new-players and most likely younger-players are more willing to switch/start at the winning side. Thats all it takes, a few casual new players using the given scaling benefits to do what ever the fuck they want.

And guess what, nobody likes it.

Blizzard allways follows some agenda with the changes they make to the game. This time it seems they want to kill non-instanced PvP for good.
    The current 8.2 essences for worldPvP-achievements are allready showing great results - ALLY players LOVE the fact, that some basic rank1-3 essences are "earned" by horde in a few days passive, while it might just takes weeks/months for the ally side.

I would be more than surprised to see ANY worldPvP feature in coming expansions at this point. There is clearly a space needed for players who cant manage to perform well in arena/BG or PvE while only having limited time to even play this game, but there is no need to push every kind of player into the same game-mode.

LFR was forced on mythic raider for a while and it was reverted because of similar issues. I expect a similar outcome for this kind of "worldPvP exlusive" players.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-07-17 at 01:47 AM.
    -