Poll: Was Thrall wrong *again* to assume an attack on Thunder Bluff?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blizzard don't do red herrings. Thunder Bluff is the target and the Stormwind thing is likely just a one-off given that it's never been referenced before or since BTS.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Probably telegraphing the next patch. After all, there is virtually no reason for Sylvanas to go after the Tauren in the first place. Baine's actions were his own, even if she needs to throw out a few advisers, there is absolutely no need for her to march on Thunderbluiff. The whole thing reeks of a poor setup and this is just ticking the "foreshadow box".

My worst fear is kinda that the next raid will be Siege of Thunderbluff..

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You know who can attack Stormwind though while the Horde and Alliance are all in TB? N'zoth
    I do see a possibility that both happen. We unseat Sylvanas in a TB Warfront/scenario/one-off context-less cutscene in 8.2.5, with Gallywix removed in the goblin heritage scenario and 8.3 has her and her remaining henchmen joining N'zoth in attacking Stormwind.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I do see a possibility that both happen. We unseat Sylvanas in a TB Warfront/scenario/one-off context-less cutscene in 8.2.5, with Gallywix removed in the goblin heritage scenario and 8.3 has her and her remaining henchmen joining N'zoth in attacking Stormwind.
    sylv is very clearly being illidand. evil idiot doing idiotic evil idiot ends up secrely being the best good guy ever wowww

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    sylv is very clearly being illidand. evil idiot doing idiotic evil idiot ends up secrely being the best good guy ever wowww
    Illidan was telegraphed as being a good boi by having his own dedicated playable class of fans and everyone talking about how he's the only one who can save the world. Sylvanas on the other hand has done nothing but twirl her mustache and fail for two and a half patches now.

It's not really his 'thing' so much as the logical next step to his story path. They need to work through it to get back to where they want Thrall to be.

And since they have no ships, they can just ride N'zoth instead. Fuck lore, that would look EPIC!
    Indeed, N'zoth is a big boi, I'm pretty sure Only A Minority of the Forsaken can fit on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Illidan was telegraphed as being a good boi by having his own dedicated playable class of fans and everyone talking about how he's the only one who can save the world. Sylvanas on the other hand has done nothing but twirl her mustache and fail for two and a half patches now.
    thats not how i remember BC

Just imagine that huge squid thing surfacing in the SW harbor with abominations and zombies hanging on every tentacle.
    I'm thinking N'zoth going all nydus worm/those worms from the Hobbit and having tentacles burrow out into the district, spewing troops.

@apples

I mean Legion. Though if this is Sylvanas' TBC I'll laugh my ass off ten years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Sylvanas being clever is not really a thing that's clear to most characters in universe, so it's a logical conclusion that she's insane and retarded considering her track record in the war (teldrassil, obsessing over derek, sending a boat to nazjatar) has provided NO results (so far).

Her plans seem to be insanely long term with results MAYBE coming up in 8.2.5/8.3 but so far she must look like a crazy failure to any lore figure.
    Teldrassil's plan was fucked up by traitor saurfang.
    Derek's plan was fucked up by traitor Baine.
    Nobody in the horde fucked up Nazjatar and the alliance fleet was destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Teldrassil's plan was fucked up by traitor saurfang.
    Derek's plan was fucked up by traitor Baine.
    Nobody in the horde fucked up Nazjatar and the alliance fleet was destroyed.
    wait, the actual lore is that the alliance sent their entire fleet to chase a single ship? and when they were just all conveniently sailing directly behind the ship, for whatever reason, thats when the rift was opened and the ENTIRE FLEET was destroyed?

this level of tactics is exactly what i should expect from wow so i completely believe you

That could work, vomiting an undead horde would be cool
    We still have the issue of the fact that N'zoth is really, really big, so he could by all logic just flop and squish Stormwind, but hey.

If the tauren collectively joined the rebels Thunder Bluff would be a valid target for sacking, but so far there's no inclination of it. Baine was sprung free by Alliance-Rebel joint effort, not tauren effort, AND it was calculated by Sylvanas. Burning Thunder Bluff for that is more like what Garrosh would've done. It seems Thrall doesn't understand how Sylvanas operates and his guilt over Garrosh is affecting his thinking.

Or the writing is hamfisted and burning TB is indeed what Sylvanas will do next. Blergh.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

They really butchered Thrall's story since Cataclysm expansion... He does have a point lol

Probably it is more a confession from Metzen himself, saying how he chose nonsense plots for his favorite character, and if it was today he would have made Thrall's story since Cataclysm different? That is how i see it.

And yes, it seems Blizzard is hinting a future attack on Thunder Bluff.

But, really, with so many targets, cities and enemies, Thunder Bluff has suddenly become Sylvanas #1 target? These nonsense decisions are so hard to understand in terms of lore consistency and credibility.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-07-04 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    They really butchered Thrall's story since Cataclysm expansion... He does have a point lol

Probably it is more a confession from Metzen himself, saying how he chose nonsense plots for his favorite character, and if it was today Thrall's story since Cataclysm would have been different? That is how i see it.
    He used to say that Malfurion was his favorite character, but it was clear that Thrall was his self-insert, even before they did the whole kids and family thing.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    wait, the actual lore is that the alliance sent their entire fleet to chase a single ship? and when they were just all conveniently sailing directly behind the ship, for whatever reason, thats when the rift was opened and the ENTIRE FLEET was destroyed?

this level of tactics is exactly what i should expect from wow so i completely believe you
    The alliance was targeting the main Sylvanas's ship. Probably thinking that she, the one they allready tried to assassinate in legion when they just had an opportunity, was on board.
    There is obviously some connivence between Sylvanas and Azshara. Lady Ashvane being the link.

Realistically, the WoW game engine cannot handle N'zoth. They could make him a skybox and have us fight random tentacles because after all the best way to end BfA's disappointing run is to spoof the most disappointing endboss for an expansion in WoW's history.
    The next step up from Deathwing. N'zoth, being his benefactor, doesn't even need to fall a pit or fly to be a bad end boss, he can just be a matte painting while we fight reused tentacle assets.

I am seeing surprisingly few people bring up the Tauren heritage armour quest line in regards to the future of Thunder Bluff. There seems to be some nasty Shadowlands powers wanting to invade Azeroth with Thunder Bluff being a good place to start the party. Everyone are talking about a "Siege of Thunder Bluff" as if it demands that Sylvanas rolls up with the Demolishers but it seems as likely to me that Thunder Bluff might be the scene for a catalyst scenario that takes us into 8.3 proper or 9.0.

Realistically, the WoW game engine cannot handle N'zoth. They could make him a skybox and have us fight random tentacles because after all the best way to end BfA's disappointing run is to spoof the most disappointing endboss for an expansion in WoW's history.
    I think the only realistic way to handle him would have to be making a zone where we do the usual outdoor shit to weaken hin until the raid opens, then we go inside him/scale him and as the last fight we start fighting on top of his eyeball (you could do some cool shit with him focusing on people for attacks etc) and then subsequently fight towards his "core" to end him. I doubt there would be an old god fight without tentacles.

And that is less underwhelming? Why on earth does he not just crash us to a pulp or swat us like a fly while we are running around his body?

You don't fight city sized bosses. You fry them with a MacGuffin, you attack them in mega sized vehicles (like, using Alexstrasza but we've run out of aspects) or at worst, you fight an avatar of them in a mental plane while armies try to keep them in check in the real world. The "run around their body and prick them like it's a Quicktime event" concept was ever ludicrous.
    Depends. His tentacles won't have unlimited reach, so it's not impossible to come up with ways to deal with them first before he has to rely on his minions for defense (we already kinda know that old god creatures are infested with their minions..). We have seen one highly artsy cinematic of his supposed true self, whose canoninity (?) is questionable. We are also not short on McGuffins, especially this expansion. One villain just pulled one out of her arse to make it easier for us to fight her.. and everyone of us carries another one around our necks. There are many, many ways we could force a fight (all those reorigination devices are still out there and MOTHER has already hinted at having found another titan facility), if Blizzard manages to make them epic is another question.