Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Well, that's a fucking lie.

I can see his fucking baton in the videos, dude. It's right there, in plain sight. He's clearly swinging it when he charges at people, initiating the fight.

You get to pick whether you're A> lying, or B> blind, because he's clearly wielding a baton.

Here, I'll even screengrab directly from the video in question;

See the baton now? The man was armed, and lashing out. He's the armed nutcase who started attacking people.

If you read my last post, you'd have seen that I used to be on this guy's side. The new evidence proves he was armed and the one who started attacking people. That changes everything.

I can use my eyes. My eyes tell me that what you've said is complete horseshit, because that's not what the video shows. Clearly, and obviously.

You're literally lying about video evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Given that she clearly mentions threats and intimidation, you're misconstruing her words pretty egregiously.
    Guess I need to make myself more clear since you obviously did not get what I was saying. Unless you're purposely lying. Lets go down the list.
    Well, that's a fucking lie.

I can see his fucking baton in the videos, dude. It's right there, in plain sight. He's clearly swinging it when he charges at people, initiating the fight.
    Not that guy Endus, the big bearded guy that I linked an image of!

You get to pick whether you're A> lying, or B> blind, because he's clearly wielding a baton.

Here, I'll even screengrab directly from the video in question;
    Wrong guy again! The dude with the baton I refer to as the old guy.

If you read my last post, you'd have seen that I used to be on this guy's side. The new evidence proves he was armed and the one who started attacking people. That changes everything.
    I am actually not on this guys side, he saw his buddy(big bearded dude get attacked) he attacked back with escalating force. The guy who was attacking his buddy was only using fists, he proceeded to attack with a baton and then when he should of backed off, instead he went forward and swung more.

I can use my eyes. My eyes tell me that what you've said is complete horseshit, because that's not what the video shows. Clearly, and obviously.

You're literally lying about video evidence.
    This could be a miscommunication on which vid. On this link https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/el...n-in-portland/ you scroll down, first is the tweet by daily wire, scroll down more you get the first vid by John with the old dude standing there with the baton, then right under that is the 2nd video and the one I am talking about. It starts with the big bearded dude talking(?) with antifa, looks like he gets sprayed and then at 4s helmet dude jumps on him for a split second and punches him, that is when old dude comes in. So no I am not lying about anything.
    A direct link to the video you say I am lying about.
    https://twitter.com/Johnnthelefty/st...in-portland%2F
    Tell me where in this video I am lying about what I stated Endus. @Endus
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2019-07-04 at 04:31 PM.

The far right is trying really hard to distract their base right now with all this Antifa stuff. I guess this is what we have to look forward to for the next year. Completely ignore the disaster that is Trump and convince the base that the boogie men are gonna get them. Just like the immigrant caravan that's gonna destroy the border and rape everyone's daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    The far right is trying really hard to distract their base right now with all this Antifa stuff. I guess this is what we have to look forward to for the next year. Completely ignore the disaster that is Trump and convince the base that the boogie men are gonna get them. Just like the immigrant caravan that's gonna destroy the border and rape everyone's daughters.
    This is nothing new, there will always be fear mongering, and it always ramps up the worse the person is doing or when it comes time to actually vote. The sad thing is it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Not that guy Endus, the big bearded guy that I linked an image of!
    Fair.

Though I will note, I don't think we see the guy with the big orange beard actually get injured, in the videos. The one time you see a guy punch him (the guy in the motorcycle helmet) before Blum attacks Helmet with the baton, the guy with the beard is walking around just fine; it doesn't even look like the punches connected.

And then he jumps back into the brawl Blum started, which is where I start to doubt the innocent bystander claim again.

He likely got injured in that second stage of the fight, which he involved himself in, to assist his buddy, who started it, by attacking people with a weapon. So again, my compassion levels are pretty low.

Not that I think the attackers shouldn't get charged. Every aggressor should be charged. This guy (beard guy) might qualify for an accessory charge, from what I'm seeing, if he got the injury in that second bit that we don't have full video of.

I'm still standing by my position that these people were presented as victims, and this video footage really doesn't support that claim. They were active instigators and aggressors.

Fair.

Though I will note, I don't think we see the guy with the big orange beard actually get injured, in the videos. The one time you see a guy punch him (the guy in the motorcycle helmet) before Blum attacks Helmet with the baton, the guy with the beard is walking around just fine; it doesn't even look like the punches connected.

And then he jumps back into the brawl Blum started, which is where I start to doubt the innocent bystander claim again.

He likely got injured in that second stage of the fight, which he involved himself in, to assist his buddy, who started it, by attacking people with a weapon. So again, my compassion levels are pretty low.

Not that I think the attackers shouldn't get charged. Every aggressor should be charged. This guy (beard guy) might qualify for an accessory charge, from what I'm seeing, if he got the injury in that second bit that we don't have full video of.

I'm still standing by my position that these people were presented as victims, and this video footage really doesn't support that claim. They were active instigators and aggressors.
    @Endus
    I have no doubt they were there to start shit, however the big bearded dude still did nothing except getting people off the older guy. Still would not shock me to see video of him doing something.

Went searching and I found a new video I have not seen linked yet of big bearded dude getting wacked.

Big orange here we see at the 8-9s mark his head actually start to split open. Pausing it during the 9s mark you will see the head split appear.

Only reason I would not charge the bearded guy is because we see him in no video(yet) attack someone.

And the old guy did not start the fight, he got involved once the antifa guy attacked big orange. But that was actually not the true start either, https://twitter.com/Johnnthelefty/st...52739742519296
    ^ This is the start and it was initiated by Prayer Group/Proud Boys.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2019-07-04 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Endus
    I have no doubt they were there to start shit, however the big bearded dude still did nothing except getting people off the older guy. Still would not shock me to see video of him doing something.

Went searching and I found a new video I have not seen linked yet of big bearded dude getting wacked.

Big orange here we see at the 8-9s mark his head actually start to split open. Pausing it during the 9s mark you will see the head split appear.

Only reason I would not charge the bearded guy is because we see him in no video(yet) attack someone.

And the old guy did not start the fight, he got involved once the antifa guy attacked big orange. But that was actually not the true start either, https://twitter.com/Johnnthelefty/st...52739742519296
    ^ This is the start and it was initiated by Prayer Group/Proud Boys.
    The kid in the motorcycle helmet took a few swings and backed off. And then the older guy charged in, armed. And then the guy with the beard jumped in to help the older guy, when the crowd turned on him.

At best, nobody's in the right, and they all deserve the licks they took. At worst, it's the Proud Boys et al starting shit, and Antifa being fully ready to defend themselves, and the Proud Boys losing the fight, badly. Still means they're the ones that should be charged.

But I wouldn't make that case based on the footage we've got alone. Just saying I don't see any case for arguing that either the older guy or the bearded guy were attacked without provocation or cause. If anything, the reverse.

To those saying that the Left have never been violent has not paid much attention have they? The workplace riots and fighting with the pinkertons, the burning down of france currently, the riots in India. The left has been very violent in the past and it has always led to something good or better then it was before hand. While i do not advocate for violence nor do i want it to deny that it has ever happened is stupid. This is 2 groups of morons 1 a bunch of morons who are led by a bigger jackass ( Proud Boys ) got into a fight with a leaderless anarchy group ( Antifa ) and people are shocked or upset that violence was used?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    It's impossible for @Endus to condem "his" side. Besides the crowbar was an escalation of threat. That "good Samaritan" is on the hook for assault with a deadly weapon.
    I don't have a side. And I have condemned actual unprovoked attacks, like the assault on Ngo. So you're just lying out your ass, here.

And no; the guy with the crowbar got involved when Blum attacked them with a baton. If you're going to pull out the "assault with a deadly weapon" point, the aggressors in this were not Antifa.

Hell, if you'd been paying attention, you'd have seen I started out on the side of these two guys, in particular. I changed my position when this new information came to light. I know, wacky, changing your position based on the facts at hand.

I don't have a side. And I have condemned actual unprovoked attacks, like the assault on Ngo. So you're just lying out your ass, here.

And no; the guy with the crowbar got involved when Blum attacked them with a baton. If you're going to pull out the "assault with a deadly weapon" point, the aggressors in this were not Antifa.

Hell, if you'd been paying attention, you'd have seen I started out on the side of these two guys, in particular. I changed my position when this new information came to light. I know, wacky, changing your position based on the facts at hand.
    You sound like the mirror of the guys who said the protestors with shields were antagonized into attacking.

The kid in the motorcycle helmet took a few swings and backed off. And then the older guy charged in, armed. And then the guy with the beard jumped in to help the older guy, when the crowd turned on him.

At best, nobody's in the right, and they all deserve the licks they took. At worst, it's the Proud Boys et al starting shit, and Antifa being fully ready to defend themselves, and the Proud Boys losing the fight, badly. Still means they're the ones that should be charged.

But I wouldn't make that case based on the footage we've got alone. Just saying I don't see any case for arguing that either the older guy or the bearded guy were attacked without provocation or cause. If anything, the reverse.
    @Endus
    Ok lets use your logic, Big Orange charged in Unarmed to get people off the old guy and had his BACK to the people YOU call innocent and they started hitting him with a deadly object and proceeded to split his fucking head open, yet you say he somehow provoked the response. Just because Big Orange is in a group does not mean he deserves everything that the most extreme members deserve. If you play that game it will only lead to more violence. Case and point the Eric Clanton case, how would you feel if after that happened, the other side just started splitting skulls of people who have a right to be there, that were also protested but doing it peacefully. Stop trying to justify violence because you disagree with the other side. All it does is make you exactly the same as the people who you debate with on these forums all that time that try to justify violence when it happens to a liberal. You are better and smarter than this Endus.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2019-07-04 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok lets use your logic, Big Orange charged in Unarmed to get people off the old guy and had his BACK to the people YOU call innocent and they started hitting him with a deadly object and proceeded to split his fucking head open, yet you say he somehow provoked the response. Just because Big Orange is in a group does not mean he deserves everything that the most extreme members deserve. If you play that game it will only lead to more violence. Case and point the Eric Clanton case, how would you feel if after that happened, the other side just started splitting skulls of people who have a right to be there, that were also protested but doing it peacefully. Stop trying to justify violence because you disagree with the other side. All it does is make you exactly the same as the people who you debate with on these forums all that time that try to justify violence when it happens to a liberal. You are better and smarter than this Endus.
    Don't be nazi-adjacent, don't get hit.

For all the bitching Americans do about the Second Amendment being there to protect civil liberties y'all sure are delicate when it comes to political brawling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

For all the bitching Americans do about the Second Amendment being there to protect civil liberties y'all sure are delicate when it comes to political brawling.
    Because the neo-nazi defenders imagine themselves as the ones doing the shooting and putting libtards, LGBT, and other lessers in their place. And by place, I mean grave

They have a constitutional right to be there and spew their horseshit. When you start to use violence you make a martyr of the other side. No matter how fucked up their opinions are I would rather not see people be ok with violence, it leads to a slippy slope and then you somehow end up with Donald Trump. Stop giving his base ammunition, if it continues we will all have to suffer another 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have a constitutional right to be there and spew their horseshit.
    They do not. Fascism is tantamount to incitement; all that is happening here is the Overton Window being enforced.

And contrary to popular belief, it isn't "giving his base more ammunition". Treating them as a legitimate political entity gives them ammunition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    They have a constitutional right to be there and spew their horseshit. When you start to use violence you make a martyr of the other side. No matter how fucked up their opinions are I would rather not see people be ok with violence, it leads to a slippy slope and then you somehow end up with Donald Trump. Stop giving his base ammunition, if it continues we will all have to suffer another 4 years.
    It’s nice when people finally admit trump got elected, not because of “economic anxiety”, but because his supporters are whiny special snowflakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Endus
    He was assisting an armed assailant, who was the aggressor. If he'd been a bystander, that would be one thing, he chose to get involved in a brawl to assist the guy who started it with a criminal assault with a weapon.

I'm not "justifying" a damned thing. The violence is deplorable. I'm pointing out who's responsible for the violence, and it's the aggressors. Which in most cases, in Portland, has been the Proud Boys, not Antifa.

Not exclusively; again, the assault on Ngo was egregious. But the right-wingers are pushing a metric fuckton of disinformation to paint this as entirely one-sided, where Antifa are the lone baddies, when the actual evidence paints the Proud Boys and such as the primary instigators of violence.

The only "violence" I'm "defending" is violence in self defense or the defense of innocents. That's it. That used to be a non-partisan, widely-accepted point of view.

He was assisting an armed assailant, who was the aggressor. If he'd been a bystander, that would be one thing, he chose to get involved in a brawl to assist the guy who started it with a criminal assault with a weapon.

I'm not "justifying" a damned thing. The violence is deplorable. I'm pointing out who's responsible for the violence, and it's the aggressors. Which in most cases, in Portland, has been the Proud Boys, not Antifa.

Not exclusively; again, the assault on Ngo was egregious. But the right-wingers are pushing a metric fuckton of disinformation to paint this as entirely one-sided, where Antifa are the lone baddies, when the actual evidence paints the Proud Boys and such as the primary instigators of violence.

The only "violence" I'm "defending" is violence in self defense or the defense of innocents. That's it. That used to be a non-partisan, widely-accepted point of view.
    It is if you don't spend you free time doing the very partisan thing of wanting those groups are a danger that most be stopped by any means.

7+ Year Old Account
    They do not. Fascism is tantamount to incitement; all that is happening here is the Overton Window being enforced.

And contrary to popular belief, it isn't "giving his base more ammunition". Treating them as a legitimate political entity gives them ammunition.
    Yes they do you ignoramus.

And I’m glad you agree with enforcing the Overton Window. Thinking like that means we should’ve enforced slavery so that the Overton Window stays put.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-07-06 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

You originally were fine with old dude getting hit cause Antifia was getting attacked by him, yet your tune is not the same when we see in video form that the old dude only attacked because antifa attacked big orange. So by your logic old dude had every right to attack antifa and crack their skulls because he was defending someone on his side getting attacked. Like what the fuck, I do not want to defend this fucking group at all, their views are garbage but the video shows what happened. We agree that the start of everything was the Proud Boys group, but the individual that started it was not the old dude or big orange. Both sides continued to escalate, finishing with antifa splitting someones head open who did not throw a single punch and was unarmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You originally were fine with old dude getting hit cause Antifia was getting attacked by him, yet your tune is not the same when we see in video form that the old dude only attacked because antifa attacked big orange.
    Fuck that misrepresentation.

He wasn't defending the guy with the beard. He picked the fight himself. Video shows as much. The confrontation with the bearded guy was already over.

Both sides continued to escalate, finishing with antifa splitting someones head open who did not throw a single punch and was unarmed.
    I definitely see the guy with the beard throwing punches and grabbing people. What video are you watching?