Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Happy Chinese take out, Czech beer and Stranger Things on Netflix to you too!

Someone needs to do a photoshop of a draenei/blood elf mutant hybrid spawn so we can get a hint of what a lovechild between @Celista and @breadisfunny would look like.

10+ Year Old Account
    can we not turn this into a politics thread? in the spirit of today why not just enjoy this day?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    We are friends and I am dating someone. Also he gets mad at me on a regular basis and removes me from his friend list each time, so.
    Invite who your seeing to join in, its 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Someone needs to do a photoshop of a draenei/blood elf mutant hybrid spawn so we can get a hint of what a lovechild between @Celista and @breadisfunny would look like.
    Prob a voidelf with hooves/horns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a satyr
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    can we not turn this into a politics thread? in the spirit of today why not just enjoy this day?
    It is quite literally a political holiday how can politics not come up?

Blah. You got it chief.

I'm drinking an extra Jon Boat for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It is quite literally a political holiday how can politics not come up?
    because your making it one. seriously dude chill.

- - - Updated - - -

such an abomination would be turned into a firework itself. tie it to a stick with some gunpowder & fuse light it and poof!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

because your making it one. seriously dude chill.

- - - Updated - - -

such an abomination would be turned into a firework itself. tie it to a stick with some gunpowder & fuse light it and poof!
    I think it is a worthy discussion in a topic about independence given I doubt Americans truly ever think about their independence and what actions the founders took that lead to it. The fact that George Washington was arguably the wealthiest man in the country at the time, and disobeyed the King's order to stop expanding west because well... his money came from land prospecting and he defied an order to not take over more Indian lands because he determined that the King's law means nothing. Arrogant wealth trying to avoid taxes, it is the story of American "freedom" and America today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Imagine talking about voting for Trump like it's a de facto bad thing in America (I didn't btw, but I'll defend it just the same). Despite the media's hardest efforts, alt left opinion = / = everyone's reality.
    Shoot I didn't even think he'd win lol! I just didn't want to vote for Hillary so I figured it was as good as throwing my vote away. I live in California so it didn't matter anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, we just got a July 4thquake down here, 6.6 magnitude. The gods are celebrating with us.

Americans think about it all the time, we just don't care about your view of it.

- - - Updated - - -

I can think of no better day in the year for California to finally declare it's geographical independence.
    Oh you stop that bullshit, it is not common knowledge for most Americans the issue surrounding the French war and how that connects with Washington and the Virginia governor nor the connection with how he made his money.

You're focusing on particular things that fit your narrative. It's very hard to go back in history and find flawless people or groups of people. At the end of the day, Washington and others' actions directly led to the relatively care-free life most Americans enjoy. Even our most "oppressed" people have a cell phone and a Netflix subscription. I'll take it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure that your reply was intended for me.
    It is not finding things that fit my narrative but just plainly how history played out. And are you saying without American freedom modern day Europe would not have happened?

I'm not sure how my post has anything to do with how Europe developed. That being said, our involvement in WWII certainly had something to do with it.
    Well saying that what happened then is why we have the state of general "care free" is an incorrect conclusion given... every other country.

The "relative" was referring to other countries where life isn't so care-free (not necessarily Europe). If there was a plethora of such countries out there, we wouldn't be overrun with people supposedly seeking asylum.
    The alternative was staying under British rule and becoming a commonwealth a la Canada. Things would have been fine, slavery would have ended sooner, perhaps would not have had the Jim Crow era since the separation of blacks and white was not made so cruel as it was in America.

Which is why during the Harlem Renaissance and such many black civil right leaders were in fact immigrants from the West Indies and the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    We got a 4th of July earthquake wooo. Hopefully we don't get any fireworks induced fires to go along with it.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I think it is a worthy discussion in a topic about independence given I doubt Americans truly ever think about their independence and what actions the founders took that lead to it. The fact that George Washington was arguably the wealthiest man in the country at the time, and disobeyed the King's order to stop expanding west because well... his money came from land prospecting and he defied an order to not take over more Indian lands because he determined that the King's law means nothing. Arrogant wealth trying to avoid taxes, it is the story of American "freedom" and America today.
    there is a subforum for this topic. or you could make your own thread instead of hijacking this one to get on your soapbox.

Nah, we're a lot better off. Thanks though.
    In what way is America better off?

Many of the same exact issues that Anti-federalists warned about that Hamilton said would never happened are the exact issues we have faced over 200 year ago, to now. Essentially since the 2nd-3rd election to now.

- - - Updated - - -

there is a subforum for this topic. or you could make your own thread instead of hijacking this one to get on your soapbox.
    You've made a topic about independence, I am discussing... America's independence.

this is a historical holiday, I am adding historical context.

Like what was there to be happy about, the King really wasn't a tyrant... the colonist weren't being oppressed... they rather just wanted to wiggle out of taxes and responsibility. The controversial stamp tax for instance was already implemented in the crown and they were paying it, why should the colonist who contributed heavily to the cause of the war not pay? Also the tax was progressive and meant to tax the wealthy more than the poor, which... if we go back the founders were mostly some of the richest men in the colonies.

Looks at UK (has-been empire reduced to their tiny archipelago overrun by leftists and unchecked immigration from the 3rd world)

Looks at US (world superpower and standard holder for most international measures of economic and military power)

You're not going to win this one.
    Hmm you realize Canada is a commonwealth right, do you think Canada is evil leftist too?

US is only like that thanks largely to ww2, if they were a commonwealth it would likely have played out very much the same, hell perhaps better because perhaps they would have joined sooner and the war would have ended sooner.

Also unchecked immigration?

Perhaps get your news from more sources than breitbart and fox.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you start at page one up until now, it's really interesting the places this thread has been.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis