Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Funny because if you think that you'd expect some interactions or anything with the mechagnomes about the engineering class. Yet, there isn't any.

I've had this talk before about them being able to craft their own stuff and that's not a requirement for a class. Hunters used to have to buy ammo. Rogues poisons. Druids, Mages, Shamans, and Warlocks all had reagents they needed to buy.

As for the races available. I'd be pretty okay with just Gnome/Goblin. Just like how originally it was only Tauren/NE Druids or how only BE/NE can be Demon Hunters now. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dwarves or Forsaken (since they could have a very alchemical take on tinkering). I'm very open to alchemical/magical/light based tinkering to allow Forsaken or Draenei (lightforged mechs?).
    We used to have this, yes. How long ago was that? And I am specifically talking about the absurdity that that they can craft a gun turret to deploy every 3 minutes (example of a CD), but cannot craft a gun for themselves to wield. They wouldn't even be able to buy a proper one, they'd have to go to a dungeon and beat it out of the next dragon, or voidspawn, or dragon voidspawn. Which they can bring down with their tazers, flamethrowers, and so on, but for a mace or a rifle to wield, nope. Drops required. No other class fantasy would suffer this tremendously from it. A warrior doesn't need to be a smith, neither do Rogues, Paladins or any other martial class. And so on.

Also, if it was a hero class, I'd be okay with it being restricted to goblins on the Horde side. But... Gnomes being able to play it, and Mechagnomes not? That sounds just way way off.

And then, again,

>tinkers
    >arthas coming back
    >world revamp

I really do hope this isn't real. All of these ideas mentioned above are awful. No one wants to play an engineer as a class ffs. I think they learned their lesson from cata. We don't need an expansion where they waste a bunch of resources on revamping a bunch of old zones that play perfectly fine.

I really liked this leak. The game needs a brand new overhaul, bring it to a new era, Fresh!.

But i guess next expansion will be World quests 3.0 and the new artifact/legendary ap/azerite farming, just the next same thing with a new name.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    We used to have this, yes. How long ago was that? And I am specifically talking about the absurdity that that they can craft a gun turret to deploy every 3 minutes (example of a CD), but cannot craft a gun for themselves to wield. They wouldn't even be able to buy a proper one, they'd have to go to a dungeon and beat it out of the next dragon, or voidspawn, or dragon voidspawn. Which they can bring down with their tazers, flamethrowers, and so on, but for a mace or a rifle to wield, nope. Drops required. No other class fantasy would suffer this tremendously from it. A warrior doesn't need to be a smith, neither do Rogues, Paladins or any other martial class. And so on.

Also, if it was a hero class, I'd be okay with it being restricted to goblins on the Horde side. But... Gnomes being able to play it, and Mechagnomes not? That sounds just way way off.

And then, again,
    Oh no, if we're adding mechagnomes, they absolutely can do it. And more than likely Vulpera on the other side. To be honest if we keep it to the smaller races then they can get into mech suits.

But I mean, you have everyone else who can't just go "buy a proper weapon" how does it not ruin their fantasy but it does ruin the tinkers. You sound like the dude I argued with awhile back who said that a healing spec wouldn't work for a tinker because it would be based around alchemy and potions and "it's not self-sufficient, a class needs to be self-sufficient" and that it would be stepping on the toes of Alchemy too much because it would use biotic sprays and potions and such.

Edit: BTW, one of the beliefs of the reasoning we're doing mechagon stuff right now and getting mechagnomes is that they also want to introduce Tinkers but Tinkers wouldn't really fit into the storyline going forward because everyone believes it's going to be void/death themed. So instead they lay the groundwork now instead of like DK/Monk/DH where they very obviously fit into the storyline and the new zone.
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2019-07-05 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    >tinkers
    >arthas coming back
    >world revamp

I really do hope this isn't real. All of these ideas mentioned above are awful. No one wants to play an engineer as a class ffs. I think they learned their lesson from cata. We don't need an expansion where they waste a bunch of resources on revamping a bunch of old zones that play perfectly fine.
    >tinkers are the most requested class, the only ones that were more requested were Death Knight and Demon Hunter. It will happen.
    >Arthas coming back, I really hope this shit isn't true though because fuck that shit, he's dead, his story is over, let it be.
    >World revamp is happening, they wanted to bring Ghostlands and the Draenei starting zone into the same instance as the rest of EK/Kalimdor for a while now, and a world revamp is a good way to do that, + they also wanna revamp leveling which will also tie in nicely with a world revamp.

Okay, I'm only halfway, and already really really want this leak to be real.

Old God expansion? Guild Halls? World remake? I am so on board with this. I am not convinced it is real. But I want to believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Okay, I'm only halfway, and already really really want this leak to be real.

Old God expansion? Guild Halls? World remake? I am so on board with this. I am not convinced it is real. But I want to believe.
    Yeah this one is really good if it's true, the only downside so far is the Arthas thing and the end with Sylvanas... Other than that I'm completely on board with everything.

...Oh and all this "customization option" stuff would've worked had it been there at the start. But not now that Dwarves and Dark Iron Dwarves are two different races with two different racials and different features. Which to be honest that's what I originally thought was going to happen. You'd pick Dwarf and then you could choose Ironforge, Dark Iron, or Wildhammer and it would just be a cosmetic change you'd still have the same racials. That's not how it's gonna be now.
    This is one of the hang ups I too have with this leak... unless racial abilities will be a list of options you can pick... in which case every character should have a free re-customization option. Secondly, how will this affect heritage armor... use and acquisition? Don't get me wrong... I'd love for it to be true and be able to change my Draenei into Lightforged but not all of the classes line up... so how would that work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    >tinkers are the most requested class, the only ones that were more requested were Death Knight and Demon Hunter. It will happen.
    >Arthas coming back, I really hope this shit isn't true though because fuck that shit, he's dead, his story is over, let it be.
    >World revamp is happening, they wanted to bring Ghostlands and the Draenei starting zone into the same instance as the rest of EK/Kalimdor for a while now, and a world revamp is a good way to do that, + they also wanna revamp leveling which will also tie in nicely with a world revamp.
    Dunno, I see only a few names that keep on harping about tinker class. They are definitely loud... But I wouldn't say the numbers are as big as they think they are.

Just like all the other leaks, some of it sounds plausible and some sounds so ridiculous that it immediately casts doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Dunno, I see only a few names that keep on harping about tinker class. They are definitely loud... But I wouldn't say the numbers are as big as they think they are.
    There were many polls here before legion was announced about what the next class should be and it was always nearly tied with DH, there are also interviews with blizz I think, either from Blizzcon or other such things where they stated it.

And it makes sense, they sound like a genuinely fun class, and we need more mail wearers which they can be made into np.

More believable than most leaks, but still, it's BS.

[QUOTE=DotEleven;51370264]
    But I mean, you have everyone else who can't just go "buy a proper weapon" how does it not ruin their fantasy but it does ruin the tinkers. You sound like the dude I argued with awhile back who said that a healing spec wouldn't work for a tinker because it would be based around alchemy and potions and "it's not self-sufficient, a class needs to be self-sufficient" and that it would be stepping on the toes of Alchemy too much because it would use biotic sprays and potions and such.

Because improving and creating your wargear is kind of what Tinkers do. They'd be the only class where the weapon(s) and their creation are an essential part of the class fantasy. Not only weapons, of course, but that would be the big issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    They said they won't do another Artifact, which likely means no similar system.
    Highly doubt they said that

Honestly the most legit leak ive read.

Because improving and creating your wargear is kind of what Tinkers do. They'd be the only class where the weapon(s) and their creation are an essential part of the class fantasy. Not only weapons, of course, but that would be the big issue.
    I mean, maybe the tinker specializes in mechs or turrets or medicinal technology. Plenty of reason to describe why they might not make their own weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    And there's no reason it can't still be tied into the class. They get gear from bosses and then tinker it during combat for their specific needs.

[QUOTE=Skulltaker;51370290]

I all comes down to how the weapon works in the context of the class.
    Not every class "needs" the weapon to function in lore, mages don't have to use a staff necessarily. Monks definitely don't need a staff.
    It is okay for a class' weapon to be a stat stick, and for Tinkers this works just fine. Maybe they have a gun, or maybe they have a staff. If they have a weapon we simply have to assume that they don't make weapons that last long, and that the weapons they wear are simply ones they use because it is not the kind of weapon they would normally make.

Not to mention that a Tinker would likely be in a mech suit all the time anyways, so same as with Druid, the weapon they have would barely matter.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    is this 4chan thread still up? if this 4chan thread gets deleted, then it can legitimize it.

everyone remember the WoD legit leak yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    is this 4chan thread still up? if this 4chan thread gets deleted, then it can legitimize it.

everyone remember the WoD legit leak yeah?
    We are way, way too early for legitimate leaks to come out though. All the previous confirmed leaks came out less than a month before the Blizzcon announcement, pretty sure less than a week even if not a day.

It is fun to speculate on leaks, but the odds of this leak being correct is abysmal, if it gets things correct then it is most likely by accident and not because it is genuine.

Fun to speculate though, and consider the implications of it potentially being real.