Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    It really does. Constantly ripping aggro off pug tanks. It will get fixed though. Fun always gets fixed.
    So what you say is: Fun = being overpowered?

So that means Blizzard should just make all specs in the game overpowered to make WoW fun?

Did you also play GTA with cheat codes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    So what you say is: Fun = being overpowered?

So that means Blizzard should just make all specs in the game overpowered to make WoW fun?

Did you also play GTA with cheat codes?

Fun means doing actual damage during our burst windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Fun means doing actual damage during our burst windows.
    And you don't think fire mages do that right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    And you don't think fire mages do that right now?
    Once the other classes get condensed life force fire mage should fall back to the bottom.

It's hard to sympathise with threads from Mages complaining that they are not the top DPS in the game when you've endured a decade of them being top 3 for almost the entirety.

Having played Elemental, I have spent the best part of a decade dreaming that we could come even close to a bad Mages DPS and for the first time ever, it's happened.

Absolutely no sympathy whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Hybrid classes should never be on top of dps charts as they have more choice than pure dps classes.
    This argument has been flogged to death. This may have held some weight back when hybrid classes could contribute to multiple roles whilst in a DPS spec a while ago (by off-healing, or off-tanking) but nowadays a Hybrid acts, for all intents and purposes, as a pure DPS in raids.

It would be nonsensical to suggest that all they should always do X% less than the other specs else they'd never be brought (and we have seen cases of this happening in world first raiding with class stacking). Blizzard has also previously held this rhetoric but seems to have shifted from it.

In this day and age, it's pure entitlement by Mages.

You win some you lose some, what can you do?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Well true but does it fucking matter if all 3 specs fall behind a hybrid? So what is plan c? Roll a new class?
    No-no

Option C) come to mmo-c to complain
    Option D) roll said hybrid and try to outdps your past self
    Option E) grow up and realize that with appropriate gear, doing mechanics WILL get you a kill, and ignoring mechanics while doing the theoretical max dps WILL NOT get you a kill

Well true but does it fucking matter if all 3 specs fall behind a hybrid? So what is plan c? Roll a new class?
    Hybrids are not hybrids since Wotlk.

Just a quick example, for druids, a feral can't tank and cannot heal. Even pvp self-healing is laughable nowadays.
    A guardian cannot heal and cant do any serious dmg compared to pure dps classes. Mage included.
    My point is, hybrids do not exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    No-no

Option C) come to mmo-c to complain
    Option D) roll said hybrid and try to outdps your past self
    Option E) grow up and realize that with appropriate gear, doing mechanics WILL get you a kill, and ignoring mechanics while doing the theoretical max dps WILL NOT get you a kill
    And then realize that doing mechanics only gets you throu heroic, in mythic you actually need to preform aswell as managing mechanics. Bosses have softenrages and timers that you want to make in order to not need to deal with another set of mechanics when you healers are out of cds to keep the raid alive.

With low dps the margins for error shrink to the point where the encounter becomes litterarly impossible without an improvment in dps.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2019-08-30 at 11:37 AM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Hybrid players just decided for themselves that they deserve to be on top of every chart nevermind they have more choice than pure dps classes. Hybrids dont belong in top spots no matter how much you whine and try to rationalize it. Pure classes dont have plan B like hybrids do so pure classes should always be ahead of hybrid with similar gear/skill. The end.

And mage entitlement? Get real, mages and other pure dps clases signed up for damage dealing. Its more a case of hybrid entitlement who dont know what the fuck they want to do so they want to be best in all.

Getting more aggressive in your posting style does not make your point any more valid. The mistake you've made is that hybrid classes do not expect to be at the top of the meters (unlike the mages in this thread) - this is the definition of entitlement.

Your arguments regarding hybrid respecs isn't logical - you think as a hybrid if your raid teams DPS is too low, you can just respec to healer/tank to solve the problem? Wake up. What has happened for YEARS is you'd be forced to relog your mage alt - I know this because I have literally had to do this firsthand COUNTLESS times.

Your comments regarding Pure Classes not having a Plan B is also illogical, you have 3 shots of having a top performing spec; hybrids have 1/2.

Lastly, as I've said before, let's not forget that Mages have, for the vast vast vast majority of WoW's life span, been at the very top of the meters (if I'm honest, this is the first time I've ever seen Elemental this high, it almost makes me emotional).

I know I'm wasting my time, it's all too clear from your swearing and speedy disregard of other comments, but I beg that for the 15 minutes in WoW's history that you're not at the top of everyones DPS meter, you let the others - who have never experienced it - enjoy it while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by ayrton2388 View Post
    Hybrids are not hybrids since Wotlk.

Just a quick example, for druids, a feral can't tank and cannot heal. Even pvp self-healing is laughable nowadays.
    A guardian cannot heal and cant do any serious dmg compared to pure dps classes. Mage included.
    My point is, hybrids do not exist anymore.
    Hybrids refer to Classes not specs. The main point back in the day regarding "hybrids tax" was that if a class that has a tank and a dps spec, does more in its DPS spec than a class that only has DPS specs, the latter is not viewed as desirable as its less versatile role-wise. So a mage can only choose to play as DPS in the game, while a shaman can DPS or HEAL. If the shaman can do more DPS than all 3 of the mage specs, a new player would probably pick shaman instead of mage as you get more bang for your buck. (as in, you dont have to reroll an alt/main to do healing/tanking).

so in order for blizz to make players comfortable that they chose a pure DPS only spec class, the idea was they should be guaranteed to be on top. Unfortunately over time due to player complaints of the hybrid's specs being more or less useless (e.g. sp, ele, boomkin, ret, etc), they started handing out buffs and the Utility-War started.

Later on, I believe around Cata the goal was to make every spec viable and balanced. The rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    Frost mages utility is far different from warlocks, No other class can keep a constant aoe slow up, nor can they completely negate a mechanic using ice block. every class has there uses and frost mage has good dps too so i dont see your issue
    Like... I get what you mean but... Paladin tanks can also keep a constant AoE slow (talented consecration) and can also negate mechanics with Divine Shield. A Paladin can also heal and toss out helpful buffs to party members, even negating mechanics for them as well with Blessing of Protection. With that in mind, why bring a frost Mage when you can bring a prot Paladin?

Other than that, play what you wanna play. Skill is still a DPS factor and while a lock might be slightly better on something than a Mage, you might be more skilled than the Warlock player and you deal the most damage anyway. Classes are and should be different and excell in different situations. Be happy for intellect, it's a reason to bring a Mage. No intellect, no point in bringing a Mage.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Our dps is good and we give a buff, what's there to complain about?