Single Player WoW already exists!

I just found this by accident. Someone managed to run the game used by private servers with AI NPC's that he is adding to his group/raid...etc Crazy! --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-07-07 at 03:10 AM.

That video is is 6 years old and that guy plays an expansion from 10 years ago. Nothing to see here guys.

People that don't want to play with others shouldn't be playing a MMO.

they just added player "skin" to pets something akin old wod follower, a single player wow in my mind would be something akin skyrim a game designed to expand the world and give us the ability to play in a more detailed version of it, a game with a more detailed story the mmo would never be able to give us etc.

If single player is just having bots in a group the tech is already here since wod, just make different skin and give those guys sort of aoe immunity like hunter pets have and gg.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    That video is is 6 years old and that guy plays an expansion from 10 years ago. Nothing to see here guys.

People that don't want to play with others shouldn't be playing a MMO.
    He is enjoying WOTLK all to himself!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    they just added player "skin" to pets something akin old wod follower, a single player wow in my mind would be something akin skyrim a game designed to expand the world and give us the ability to play in a more detailed version of it, a game with a more detailed story the mmo would never be able to give us etc.

If single player is just having bots in a group the tech is already here since wod, just make different skin and give those guys sort of aoe immunity like hunter pets have and gg.
    I think the guy might simply just be running 5 bots on his own private server. Who knows...But if third party AI bots can play so well, and since we have followers already in the game, maybe one day we could see this as a way to experience old raids at the max raid level where the player and his AI allies level is squished down to the raid's level. Might be easier to do that than the other way around.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2019-07-06 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually pretty pointless. I mean why bother? Especially when you can solo most content now at max level anyway, from a levelling perspective, why remove the mmo from the mmorpg to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    This is actually pretty pointless. I mean why bother? Especially when you can solo most content now at max level anyway, from a levelling perspective, why remove the mmo from the mmorpg to begin with?
    WoW's best feature is raids. New players rushing to max level never get to experience the majority of raids in the game at their intended challenging difficulty since older raids do not scale and nobody does them at their appropriate level. Blizz introduced stopping XP but nobody uses it for anything but power leveling others, and even that they just nerfed to the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I just found this by accident. Someone managed to run the game used by private servers with AI NPC's that he is adding to his group/raid...etc Crazy!
    Closing this.

Threads about private servers, both old and new, are against site rules.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."