10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    snip
    Just a reminder for those there's a thread for Shadowbringer spoiler stuff. (Not just you but everyone)
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...cussion-Thread

Every single Thornmarch group I've gotten in has wiped at least once, but this was just sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's some impressive display of incompetence.
    So far I managed to get every group through once people realized that I didn't mark for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    The Exarch lied on purpose, because G'raha Tia knows full well that we would try to stop him if we knew he was going to kamikaze. So he basically lied and said "I need the energy to travel". Urianger explains this later on.
    Yeah, but wouldn't they try to stop him anyway if they thought he was trying to exploit the Warrior of Light for some nefarious purpose? Urianger simply should have said "This is how it has to be" or something. It's hard to object with one friend willingly sacrificing oneself to save another friend if it is their will, as opposed to simply leaving the other friend to die.

Finally got my EX Titania clear. Took forever with some of these groups... I only did 10.3K at the end with my 434 BLM but what can you do when people decide to drop their aoe circles on top of your Ley Lines. Also Ninja who did 4.5K and died five times. Fun times.

Of course no weapon, still gotta clear again back in that hell to try to get rid of my 430 weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    'Influencers' are almost always narcissists. He likely made a video on FFXIV since it's seen a lot of attention lately yet he clearly doesn't understand the core appeal of the game and he's impatient enough to not bother giving it an objective, thorough look. Many comments on his video were civil and pointed out that he was being deceptive and the number of dislikes reflected that.

Then, conveniently, the video is deleted to hide how much it backfired and now he's making smug comments about receiving death threats. Which is a horrible thing to happen but is also often something used as an excuse online to try and deflect attention and blame elsewhere.

Even if they did happen, it still doesn't change the fact that he's a hack. I don't like FPS games. So I wouldn't go and review one because I know my bias would get in the way. If he doesn't like story driven games then he simply shouldn't be reviewing story driven games. It isn't rocket science.
    I didn't see the video or really follow the issue so I can't say anything about that. What I can say is that I wouldn't put it past this great community to do something like that. I've seen countless times how hypocritical they can be. I mean just look at how prevalent the you pull it you tank it crowd is in this game. They preach anti-toxicity and being super nice and forgiving and patient, but only if it aligns with their views. As soon as it doesn't they turn downright rabid and toxic.

I said this to someone on reddit, if anyone ever pulls mobs for me (PLD main) it's not their fault. It means I'm doing something wrong.

I teach hard lessons all the time in this game, but if a DPS or Healer has the ability to repeatedly pull extra mobs for me, it's not their error. It means I'm doing something wrong. To that notion, despite over 6 years playing this game I have NEVER once had someone pull a mob for me, but if I did I would NEVER let a mob stay on someone because they pulled something extra whether on purpose or accident. That just screams toxic to me, far more than most of the stuff I see these types of players complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Finally got my EX Titania clear. Took forever with some of these groups... I only did 10.3K at the end with my 434 BLM but what can you do when people decide to drop their aoe circles on top of your Ley Lines. Also Ninja who did 4.5K and died five times. Fun times.

Of course no weapon, still gotta clear again back in that hell to try to get rid of my 430 weapon.
    Grats man! Too bad you're on the wrong datacenter Titania took me a lot longer to kill as well. Lots of enrages at like 15+% because poor DPS or deaths. I remember one was like alright we got to enrage (9% with no deaths) and they're all celebrating like we got this, and I'm like we're not getting 9% more damage off hope and dreams, I gave it one more pull and it was an 11% enrage and I left. Full disclosure it was 2 people holding the group back (sub 7k DPS with no deaths is embarrassing) and a WHM who did less than 300 DPS. His co-healer a SCH did 3k and another 10% HPS over him...

Another was a Titania EX Clear group where the BLM was bragging about his twitch stream and how he focuses on collecting mounts because that's what his viewers love to see, so I go look this clown up and he has 2 viewers. Never mind the fact that I had to kick him because he was doing 5k DPS, and dying every other mechanic and going LOL my bad. Like homie, you dying repeatedly isn't funny... The worst part was the DNC kept making him his partner, not anyone else who was doing more DPS. I mean hell, both tanks were considerably above him.

If that idiot really stood by his video he would have just disabled comments or even ratings.

The fact that he deleted the video to hide the amount of dislikes he got for straight up lying about the game showed he was just jumping on what was popular, had no idea how to play it, refused to understand the important parts of the game (Like ignoring the entire story), and then trashed the game just goes to show he was embarrassed that he was exposed for what a fraud he is.

Well I'm annoyed.

I bought the Complete Edition to get the expansion and game time and I didn't get the game time cause my account wasn't considered new.....

Spent a extra $10 for nothing.

Just notice my main characters name isn't what I had it before and I don't remember changing it but maybe I did...

Its just gonna be one of those nights it seems.

Edit: Just remembered Employee discount, So I'm out $10 not $20
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-07-07 at 04:20 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Yeah and he can go fuck himself, here is a vid of him telling someone they are a cuck and they should kill themselves.
    https://livestreamfails.com/post/3795

He is just salty that his video got such a high dislike ratio, and that people called him out on his bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Yeah and he can go fuck himself, here is a vid of him telling someone they are a cuck and they should kill themselves.

He is just salty that his video got such a high dislike ratio, and that people called him out on his bullshit.
    Oh I figured somebody already linked that here.

Yeah the dude is a hypocritical douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post

I didn't know about that video, but nonetheless, him being toxic whiny piece of shit doesn't give others free pass to do the same.

What bullshit people were calling him on? Most of the comments were "skipping Heavensward LUL".
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I didn't know about that video, but nonetheless, him being toxic whiny piece of shit doesn't give others free pass to do the same.

What bullshit people were calling him on? Most of the comments were "skipping Heavensward LUL".
    He doesn't like story based games but yet spends an entire video bashing the story in a story based game.

He also said that there was no visual animations for abilities.

He has valid points on things, but some stuff it's like... really. Scott from Scottzone said it best, it strikes you as a video he made just because people kept asking him to try the game even though he knew he wouldn't like it.

I also don't know where this opinion that (a few) people have been saying that FF14 fans attack anybody with a critical opinion.

Everybody I know who plays the game, and many online as well, talk about the parts of the game that aren't the best. The slow leveling in ARR, the lagging story in ARR, basically a lot of ARR.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    He doesn't like story based games but yet spends an entire video bashing the story in a story based game.
    I've already covered that earlier in the thread. You can make good story driven game or you can make player read walls of filler text ad infinitum while unvoiced models spam three emotes. ARR story (which is the only one he played through) is entirely this and the story itself is pretty shitty too. If my friend, who started playing a little bit earlier, didn't keep telling me that the game gets better, I wouldn't even make it to level 20.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    it strikes you as a video he made just because people kept asking him to try the game even though he knew he wouldn't like it.
    He already made two videos about the game.

Last edited by Rogalicus; 2019-07-07 at 05:43 AM.
    Looking for Raid.

Anyone who can tell me how dark knight is/feels at level 80? Last i played was during heavensward and i loved my drk, but now that ive come back it kinda feels like a slog compared to the constant dark arts weaving that i remembered from HW. Granted im not max level yet (close to finishing SB MSQ) but it feels like i'm just stuck spamming the same 1-2-3 combo on single target with the occasional bloodspiller.

Finally got to play a bit.

Unlocked Red Mage and did one dungeon and all I can say is, I don't have a clue on what I'm doing lol..

I get the concept of building up the two mana bars, But I don't know the rotation that's best to do it and the rotation that's best when to empty it.

Its going to take me a moment lol.

Also fuck dealing with the menu's on a controller...Urg.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

RDM is simple. As a guy who played played it as his main in SB I can tell you the only real thing to NOT do is to have equal mana when you go into your finisher. So be at for example 85 white mana and 81 black mana. That and weave in your Displacement and Corps-a-corpse in with other GCDs if you aren't going to be going into a finisher before the CD is up again.

For the rotation just use whatever the ability that is the opposite of which mana you have the most. So if you have 50 white mana and 42 black mana then use your dualcast for Verthunder.

Of course this is all with Stomblood experience, I don't know much about the changes in Shadowbringers as I switched to BLM in 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Grats man! Too bad you're on the wrong datacenter Titania took me a lot longer to kill as well. Lots of enrages at like 15+% because poor DPS or deaths. I remember one was like alright we got to enrage (9% with no deaths) and they're all celebrating like we got this, and I'm like we're not getting 9% more damage off hope and dreams, I gave it one more pull and it was an 11% enrage and I left. Full disclosure it was 2 people holding the group back (sub 7k DPS with no deaths is embarrassing) and a WHM who did less than 300 DPS. His co-healer a SCH did 3k and another 10% HPS over him...

Another was a Titania EX Clear group where the BLM was bragging about his twitch stream and how he focuses on collecting mounts because that's what his viewers love to see, so I go look this clown up and he has 2 viewers. Never mind the fact that I had to kick him because he was doing 5k DPS, and dying every other mechanic and going LOL my bad. Like homie, you dying repeatedly isn't funny... The worst part was the DNC kept making him his partner, not anyone else who was doing more DPS. I mean hell, both tanks were considerably above him.
    Honestly I don't really mind low DPS as long as its not obscenely low. What I really hate is people who just never learn from their mistakes. Dying to the same thing over...and over...and over. Like what is not clicking in their brain that they're doing something wrong? Do they think its other peoples fault when you're the only one dying over and over?

Though speaking of dps the two healers in my group were both White Mages and both couldn't break 3K dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Finally got to play a bit.

Unlocked Red Mage and did one dungeon and all I can say is, I don't have a clue on what I'm doing lol..

I get the concept of building up the two mana bars, But I don't know the rotation that's best to do it and the rotation that's best when to empty it.

Its going to take me a moment lol.

Also fuck dealing with the menu's on a controller...Urg.
    Your main gimmick is double cast, use Jolt + Veraero/Verthunder (hardcasting them for 5 seconds is no go). The latter two often proc Verfire/Verstone, use them instead of Jolt under the proc. For AoE you want to use Veraero 2/Verthunder 2 + Scatter. Try to balance your white and black mana, because otherwise you'll slow down greatly. After both hit 80, jump to target, do your melee combo and jump back. Don't forget your oGCDs. That should be enough at your level.
    Looking for Raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Yeah, but wouldn't they try to stop him anyway if they thought he was trying to exploit the Warrior of Light for some nefarious purpose?
    He said he just wanted to travel, see worlds he dreamed of and needs the energy. Pretty harmless, considering that he solves the problem of the WoL dying/destroying the first and facilitating the 8th umbral calamity and toasting source along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Anyone who can tell me how dark knight is/feels at level 80? Last i played was during heavensward and i loved my drk, but now that ive come back it kinda feels like a slog compared to the constant dark arts weaving that i remembered from HW. Granted im not max level yet (close to finishing SB MSQ) but it feels like i'm just stuck spamming the same 1-2-3 combo on single target with the occasional bloodspiller.
    It is far more streamlined now, we only have two different rotations, the AOE one and then our normal dmg rotation. We also mix in Bloodspiller and Quietus, and the two moves that give darkside, and we have delirium which lets us do 5 BloodSpiller/Quietus in a row. The class feels far better when fighting a bunch of mobs in a dungeon. Overall imo the class feels better and is more enjoyable to play.