Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What kind of enjoyment or Thrill is it you all get from ruining it for other people?

Just please top replying.. You have better things to do than to reply on 2 month old threads.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2019-08-19 at 07:26 PM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Turn War Mode off. You actually have a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Warmode should have never had PvE rewards tied to it. That's the problem >.<
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never played a Versus Multiplayer game before? Sometimes adversaries are tougher or weaker.

But a challenge is a challenge. Even attacking a low-lvl is a challenge: how many times can I attack this player before it quits or the high-level comes to help (forgot to write the last part).
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2019-08-19 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What reward is that and is it worth it? If not...turn it off. If yes, suck it up.

Personally, I don't think whatever that reward is, it is not worth the hassle, so my warmode firmly stays off
    Neither of which negates the fact that it should never have had PvE rewards associated with it. PvE'rs don't want to PvP. But when you tie rewards to it that actually advance their PvE abilities you kind of force them into a situation where it's either be sub-optimal or hate yourself and be optimal. That's objectively bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

Just wondering, what the logic or reason is behind World PvP is. Why you enjoy going in big grps and bully other players?

Even lower geared people tho, that i can defeat without any problems just decide to jump me for no reason other than to hinder me from completing my dailies..

So i'm just wondering, is that your goal? Your enjoyment? That you know you wasted a few minutes of someone elses time?

- - - Updated - - -

Obligatory "No it's so people go to the forums and type out a angry reply because they are salty"

Please.. serious awnsers, Not looking for trolls here.. Just trying to understand why you do it
    WARcraft... not Peacecraft... War is not required to be fair. Dont like it? Theres a really easy toggle switch so you never have to worry about it again

If you play with warmode "on" - you should be able to answer that for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

What reward is that and is it worth it? If not...turn it off. If yes, suck it up.

Personally, I don't think whatever that reward is, it is not worth the hassle, so my warmode firmly stays off

Why are you posting? you clearly don't play the game and if you do you obviously just log on to farm mounts. What reward lol, a free heroic piece of gear that can TF higher than mythic for just afking in a group and getting some horde kills is worth it. While not as broken now, at the start of the tier it was very broken especially if they increase the ilvl of it once Palace comes out.

So don't be ignorant if you plan to be aggressive

- - - Updated - - -

I don't agree with any of these things. I deliberately chose a PvE server in Classic...and then ended up PvPing the shit out of it and got rank 10. Not awesome, but I was pleased.

Also disagreeing with "this should have not been xyz, because I say so" and "objectively bad design" unless you really come down with some hard hitting arguments

What are "hard hitting arguments" for me, you say? Something like "I cannot finish this rep grind that would allow me to fly" or "you cannot enter this raid" - unless you pvp.

Some achievement is just not convincing me that it ruins your day so much, you need to call it "objectively bad design".

You didn't play Vanilla or get rank 10, just stop. Someone so clueless about the game would not of got rank 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    WARcraft... not Peacecraft... War is not required to be fair. Dont like it? Theres a really easy toggle switch so you never have to worry about it again
    So it's an RP thing? they think they are actully horde fighting the evil alliance?

Behind every character there is a real person, Even if we are playing a game, We are real people.

I don't agree with any of these things. I deliberately chose a PvE server in Classic...and then ended up PvPing the shit out of it and got rank 10. Not awesome, but I was pleased.

Also disagreeing with "this should have not been xyz, because I say so" and "objectively bad design" unless you really come down with some hard hitting arguments

What are "hard hitting arguments" for me, you say? Something like "I cannot finish this rep grind that would allow me to fly" or "you cannot enter this raid" - unless you pvp.
    You lack the ability to see things outside of your mindset. That's ok. I'll pass on wasting several pages

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Not gonna do that. I'm just trying to understand they're movtive behind doing it.

If you play with warmode "on" - you should be able to answer that for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

The war mode for my server is 25%, If you are leveling a character for example, that's an extra head, shoulders and cloak Heirloom for free.
    and ofc 25% to any other reward like AP, gold and whatever else they put in world quests.

Hey.

Just wondering, what the logic or reason is behind World PvP is. Why you enjoy going in big grps and bully other players?
    If I understand your horrible English correctly, you're asking what the point of WPvP is, but then also asking why people gank in raids? You can like WPvP without doing the latter, you know.

WPvP, when fair, is the most fun content WoW has ever been able to offer. Some people are afraid of human interaction and therefore PvP scares them, and it's for them that the War Mode toggle was implemented - but other than that, WPvP can be an awesome experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't most of those big groups just doing it for the quest and rewards? They're PvE players who have no interest in world pvp, they're using CRZ to get it done quicker. I think the few people left who actually care about world pvp tend to roam solo and look for 1v1s.

Hey.

Even lower geared people tho, that i can defeat without any problems just decide to jump me for no reason other than to hinder me from completing my dailies..

So i'm just wondering, is that your goal? Your enjoyment? That you know you wasted a few minutes of someone elses time?

- - - Updated - - -

Obligatory "No it's so people go to the forums and type out a angry reply because they are salty"

Please.. serious awnsers, Not looking for trolls here.. Just trying to understand why you do it
    I didn't do organized WPVP for the assassin title or other rewards , the only time that fell into that category of pvp was one day i was farming for dune scavenger in nazmir , a 5man group of alliance came trying to kill us (guess they were there to do assassin) we roflstomped them a few times until they understood clearly we weren't having none of that .

I did occasionally go solo pvp in Kul'tiras and the prime motivations were
    1) being bored
    2) looking for a challenge
    3) show the noobs who's boss

I didn't do it to "waste other people's time" Just accept the fact that if you opt in to warmode you are ABSOLUTELY fair game (i did kill low levels even when they awarded 10 honors per kill, if they reward me something why shouldn't I? ), every time I'd find runners (pvp flagged that just tried to flee without attacking back) I would think of it as a free kill , again if it's a problem for them they can just opt out or join a random quest group and phase away .

The problem lies with how warmode works and pve player entitlement , currently you have lots of people who join WM only for the 20%+ bonus rewards on the alliance side. It's more of a problem for people who used to play on boring pve realms , I always played on pvp one so getting ganked has never been a nuisance for me , It's what i subscribed for and I deal with it .

Don't think even for a second that you are entitled to have better rewards than other players without risk and downsides , ultimately it's all in your hands to decide if you value more ingame bonuses or your IRL time and how to act in response.

The big "group" killings in BFA in my experience have always been done by alliance players for their <against overwhelming odds> quest so in the end it's blizzard fault for enabling this practice
    Last edited by valax; 2019-07-06 at 08:43 PM.

Hmmm..thanks for that...Now I know with what kind of ppl I don't need to waste my time with.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough...but going back to your original question: You seem to be frustrated to get ganked while levelling. So is it worth that 25%? With full heirlooms and xp potions, I spend about 60-90 minutes per level on a new toon. So my decision is to not switch on warmode based on the evaluation of frustration vs a vague chance to level faster
    It's not ganked while lvling, was just overun by horde during the Zuldazar Invasion event currently, and was wondering why people did 6v1 or even 1v1 instead of just completing their quests and moving on with their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I see it honestly depends on the context of the encounter, some people pop on WM and want to fight people when they encounter them on the roads. Whilst there are others who want to steal a rare or screw someone over on their WQs or just group together around an Assassin who camps a WQ and AoE everything around them. Personally I want to know what Blizzard was thinking having faction tags on the new rares so that players are incentivised to wait for the other faction to burn it down with their CDs and then jump them in a group and steal the kill.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    I didn't do organized WPVP for the assassin title or other rewards , the only time that fell into that category of pvp was one day i was farming for dune scavenger in nazmir , a 5man group of alliance came trying to kill us (guess they were there to do assassin) we roflstomped them a few times until they understood clearly we weren't having none of that .

I did occasionally go solo pvp in Kul'tiras and the prime motivations were
    1) being bored
    2) looking for a challenge
    3) show the noobs who's boss

I didn't do it to "waste other people's time" Just accept the fact that if you opt in to warmode you are ABSOLUTELY fair game (i did kill low levels even when they awarded 10 honors per kill, if they reward me something why shouldn't I? ), every time I'd find runners (pvp flagged that just tried to flee without attacking back) I would think of it as a free kill , again if it's a problem for them they can just opt out or join a random quest group and phase away .

The problem lies with how warmode works and pve player entitlement , currently you have lots of people who join WM only for the 20%+ bonus rewards on the alliance side. It's more of a problem for people who used to play on boring pve realms , I always played on pvp one so getting ganked has never been a nuisance for me , It's what i subscribed for and I deal with it .

Don't think even for a second that you are entitled to have better rewards than other players without risk and downsides , ultimately it's all in your hands to decide if you value more ingame bonuses or your IRL time and how to act in response.
    Thanks. Dono why it took 19 replies for people to give me an honest awnser, But thanks for not being like the other people.

So it's an RP thing? they think they are actully horde fighting the evil alliance?

Behind every character there is a real person, Even if we are playing a game, We are real people.
    And every real person has the option to opt in or out of Warmode. Warmode is anarchy. People like to kill other players. Deal with it, do it yourself as well, or turn it off.

"If I kill you in-game and I own you, who is having fun? You or me?"

"You're a pro or you're a noob. That's life."

Athene

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    And every real person has the option to opt in or out of Warmode. Warmode is anarchy. People like to kill other players. Deal with it, do it yourself as well, or turn it off.
    Guess i will go about it the way of "Kill them before they kill you" But it's still a waste of time to attack other players rather than doing the quest objective. So don't really understand why anyone would do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    "If I kill you in-game and I own you, who is having fun? You or me?"

"You're a pro or you're a noob. That's life."

Athene
    Yeah, that's why i was wondering why even the low geared people try to PvP, They know they will get blown up and have no chance, but they still try.. I just roll my eyes, throw a few spells and then get on with my day, It's not about having fun, it's more of a "Please. Stop, You don't have a chance here"