Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by omegalulz View Post
    The war discord has been updated yesterday, basicaly for both fury and arms you go with Condensed Life-Force as main and Condensed Life-Force as minor.
    today's discord chat is showing arms catching up with fury running 3 x ToM and Memory of Lucid Dreams

yeah playing myself with 3x ToM and Lucid dream atm, the little problem is that you get a lot of value out of lucid dreams because of 3x tom trait (since the essence allow you to dump a shit ton of rage ininside your cs window, i'm reaching 10K Str buff in execute )

It's always very hard to get the optimal trait setup during early Mythic progress and this essence rely on that, but yeah this is the funniest setup to play war atm imo, hopefully it will do good in progress.

Also the other little "issue" is that since we have so much rage to spent we are basicaly forced to play with FoB, lossing massacre wich is pretty big during progress

Hehe I can undestand you pov but imo Arms is a way more interesting spec than fury:

First off: The test of might traits is essential to the spec and it adds a lot to the gameplay, it actuall adds a complete new mechanic to the spec wich you need to play around with. The playstyle is the following: you build rage by doing charges between auto-attacks swing timer, spend the more you can into your colossus smahs window, you get a huge strengh buff and then use bladestorm/continue dealing damage.

By the time your ToM buff will end, you will only have a few seconds left on your CS. So basically, instead of having 1 big damage window you have 2 and when the 2nd end you are alrady back to the 1, it just makes a loop instead of having a gape.

In AOE situations while using ToM you should play with Cleave; wich allows to have a more sustaines AOE and to keep your ToM playstile to use bladestorm after your colossus smash window.

Going for warbreaker/bladestorm is pointless with this trait

Overall arms offer much more min/max than the fury faceroll playstile, you can't really do anyting wrong as fury
    That's kind of the point though. You have one spec (Fury) that's "faceroll", deals consistent damage in both single target and AoE, doesn't have to respec talents or azerites based on content, and can put in more work outside of execute. Arms is heavily punished for rotational mistakes within burst windows, is heavily punished for being outside of execute, deals wildly inconsistent damage due to over-reliance on cooldowns and burst windows, and needs to swap azerites based on content. What's the advantage for playing a spec with this many downsides? Literally nothing. I need one less 2 hander? I guess you could argue are less punished for being off the boss due to Deep Wounds? But even that doesn't really count because damage outside of execute/CS/ToM is basically tank levels.

The DPS output is equal between the two specs played optimally. It seems like you play Arms if you have a preference for the rotation and are willing to play at a disadvantage.

meh tbh people were kinda saying the same thing for unholy vs frost dk and at the end of the day both spec can do something, it all comes down to 1. mostly tuning 2. boss design

When I think about it Arms could really be something for this raid, there this on-use trinket that drops on za qul giving you haste for 10 sec and an extra amount based on the target missing health (basicaly the warrior dream), you use that during a cs window + lucid dreams and you can pop some big dmg

Unforunately, looking a the traits of the azerite pieces it's really fucking shit as Arms, you have only 2 ToM in the whole raid and 1 piece have a shit trait on the 2nd ring. This only could kill the spec since the whole build is so reliant on ToM

So yeah that's more the kind of thinking/things that make or break a spec for a tier in my opinion rather than something being annoying or harder to play

Then be afraid. Be very afraid. If the build depends on ToM, ToM is getting nerfed. Like next week.

Not really for some cases, we knew that Spriests/Warlock were going to be strong for CoS before the raids come out. When the DPS mechanics/utility of your spells shine on an encounter, it's pretty easy to tell ahead if you are going to be strong.

Now when it comes to Warrior, outside of spotting a lot of 2 targets cleave encounter I agree that it pretty much only comes to the tuning of the specs before the mythic laucnh.

But for Fury this is want I have in my mind: Tuning wise the pec didn't changed at all since BoD so it's mediocre, The essences dosn't have more impact on the spec than any other spec in the game, no crazy synergy. But that being said, it's not terrible either DPS wise, it's middle of the pack so I am not really excpecting a buff either. So yeah that's why I don't have a lot of hope for warrior, but tbh I hope that I'm wrong

Fury is mediocre? Are you sure you're using the correct word there.

Top dps in CoS, ranged typically from 8-11 place all of BoD, so consistently upper middle.

And how the hell can you compare a raid like CoS to BoD or EP in regards to predicting how specs will pan out? CoS was part of the same tier as BoD. There was no gearing up stage, no major balancing or major changes, as it did not come with a major patch. Trying to compare the two is, as previously said, extremely silly.

Why is warrior ranging from lower-top to upper-middle a bad thing, anyway. That makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah playing myself with 3x ToM and Lucid dream atm, the little problem is that you get a lot of value out of lucid dreams because of 3x tom trait (since the essence allow you to dump a shit ton of rage ininside your cs window, i'm reaching 10K Str buff in execute )

It's always very hard to get the optimal trait setup during early Mythic progress and this essence rely on that, but yeah this is the funniest setup to play war atm imo, hopefully it will do good in progress.

Also the other little "issue" is that since we have so much rage to spent we are basicaly forced to play with FoB, lossing massacre wich is pretty big during progress
    10k in execute is not that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashetaka View Post
    That's kind of the point though. You have one spec (Fury) that's "faceroll", deals consistent damage in both single target and AoE, doesn't have to respec talents or azerites based on content, and can put in more work outside of execute. Arms is heavily punished for rotational mistakes within burst windows, is heavily punished for being outside of execute, deals wildly inconsistent damage due to over-reliance on cooldowns and burst windows, and needs to swap azerites based on content. What's the advantage for playing a spec with this many downsides? Literally nothing. I need one less 2 hander? I guess you could argue are less punished for being off the boss due to Deep Wounds? But even that doesn't really count because damage outside of execute/CS/ToM is basically tank levels.

The DPS output is equal between the two specs played optimally. It seems like you play Arms if you have a preference for the rotation and are willing to play at a disadvantage.
    Outside of execute? Fury's execute has been stronger than arms for around 8 months now. Also, fury can, and does, and should change it's talents for different content to be optimal. Not sure what you're talking about in regards to that.

Fury's damage is significantly more rng than arms, it gains a relatively larger increase from execute than arms does, and suffers from poor Reck windows. Same as literally every spec.

So far, only one of the valid points you've made has actually been accurate, which is that arms changes azerite based on content.

The dps is N O T equal between arms and fury, played optimally. Take that crap to noxxic where you got it from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashetaka View Post
    Then be afraid. Be very afraid. If the build depends on ToM, ToM is getting nerfed. Like next week.
    ToM is not being nerfed....?

"lower top, upper middle" stop with this bs and let's take at look at this

Now you are obviously a casual raider, that's ok np with it but coming with stuff like "Warrior top DPS in CoS" fucking 3 months after the release of the raid is the most useless thing in the world. Nobody besides casuals raiders jerking off on useless parses gives a shit about warrior doing good damage in a raid where warrrior was actually dogshit for PROGRESS. 1. You took a shit ton of damage because no way to avoid beams, doing less ST than rogue with way less survivability, brings absolutely nothing usefull to the raid.

"Why is warrior ranging from lower-top to upper-middle a bad thing, anyway. That makes no sense." I just answered your question with that, besides PA that can be brought by a prot war, dps war doesn't bring anything interesting to the raid. If you bring nothing and you do middle tier dps (stop saying "upper" it's kinda cringe tbh) then yeah your class sucks.

also stop pretenting fury execute is a major thing while it's fucking shit, it's nothing it used to be during legion and no where near what it should be.
    Last edited by omegalulz; 2019-07-07 at 11:56 PM.

Arms will outperform fury this tier, dont @ me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    Fury is mediocre? Are you sure you're using the correct word there.

Top dps in CoS, ranged typically from 8-11 place all of BoD, so consistently upper middle.

And how the hell can you compare a raid like CoS to BoD or EP in regards to predicting how specs will pan out? CoS was part of the same tier as BoD. There was no gearing up stage, no major balancing or major changes, as it did not come with a major patch. Trying to compare the two is, as previously said, extremely silly.

Why is warrior ranging from lower-top to upper-middle a bad thing, anyway. That makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

10k in execute is not that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Outside of execute? Fury's execute has been stronger than arms for around 8 months now. Also, fury can, and does, and should change it's talents for different content to be optimal. Not sure what you're talking about in regards to that.

Fury's damage is significantly more rng than arms, it gains a relatively larger increase from execute than arms does, and suffers from poor Reck windows. Same as literally every spec.

So far, only one of the valid points you've made has actually been accurate, which is that arms changes azerite based on content.

The dps is N O T equal between arms and fury, played optimally. Take that crap to noxxic where you got it from.

- - - Updated - - -

ToM is not being nerfed....?
    10k strength BUFF during execute is quite alot, he wasn't talking about damage numbers..

Arms right now DPS wise is not in a bad place and it's definitely rivalling Fury. But I don't know ones Fury gets their BiS essences if it will stay this way tho.