10+ Year Old Account
    I got one question.

Ny'Alotha as another daily / wq zone?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    This is why I think Dragon Isles and Quel'thalas 2 have good chances, because the areas have a lot more than just raid potential. They could also make interesting zones to play around in.
    Sure, it would kinda work. But it would still be connected to the raid. It would be impossible to disassociate the tone of the raid, which will likely be intense from the rest of the zone. It would be impossible to make hte zone too casual without it clashing massively with the tone of the raid.

Overall not a huge deal though. If Silvermoon is a raid i would prefer if Quel'thalas is the patch zone, i am not going to sit here and obstinately demand a disconnected patch zone just to make it slightly more like Timeless isle. My point was more that Teldrassil raid is possible, same with Stormwind, because patch zoned do not have to necessarily be connected to the raids.

(Before anyone asks why this is a problem for Stormwind and not Silvermoon, it all comes down to Silvermoon being practically abandoned, whereas Stormwind is the Main Alliance hub, instancing the zone outside would be way more jarring)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think that new Titan facility is probably whatever imprisons N'zoth. "Do not approach" is pretty telling, to me at least. Also Blizzard please think about one of Azeroth's moon being an entire Titan facility(or rather there is one up there that covers most of the landscape. DO IT
    Man I used to speculate on them doing that as like a stepping stone to Argus.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    (Before anyone asks why this is a problem for Stormwind and not Silvermoon, it all comes down to Silvermoon being practically abandoned, whereas Stormwind is the Main Alliance hub, instancing the zone outside would be way more jarring)
    Whenever I mention Silvermoon or Quel'thalas the implication comes with the idea that they would fully remodel Quel'thalas and introduce it into the gameworld as a zone.

Whenever I mention Silvermoon or Quel'thalas the implication comes with the idea that they would fully remodel Quel'thalas and introduce it into the gameworld as a zone.
    Would be cool with that. Again, my problem with Silvermoon as a raid is more it being the third horde city becoming a raid, with Alliance still having 0.

If we get a warfront in Azuremyst that would be cool as well, bring that zone into the main continent in one go. Though with that one i would be completely okay with the Draenei abandoning the islands altogether an moving to Eastern kingdoms or some zone in Kalimdor to reestablish cities. Azuremyst always felt like the biggest obstacle to TBC zones being a part of EK/Kalimdor honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool with that. Again, my problem with Silvermoon as a raid is more it being the third horde city becoming a raid, with Alliance still having 0.

If we get a warfront in Azuremyst that would be cool as well, bring that zone into the main continent in one go. Though with that one i would be completely okay with the Draenei abandoning the islands altogether an moving to Eastern kingdoms or some zone in Kalimdor to reestablish cities. Azuremyst always felt like the biggest obstacle to TBC zones being a part of EK/Kalimdor honestly.
    Personally my problem is I get it thematically brings Sylvanas full circle, but what story buildup has it had? We've had more buildup toward litearlly any other Horde city at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Personally my problem is I get it thematically brings Sylvanas full circle, but what story buildup has it had? We've had more buildup toward litearlly any other Horde city at this point.
    No story buildup, it would be a twist on both Thunder Bluff (Thrall said it so it's happening!) and Stormwind (Sylvanas states it in BTS, reverse of Siege) expectations. The only hints are really the Void Elves wanting to take back Silvermoon and the Sunreavers being team Sylvanas.

I like that it's a twist on both TB and SW expectations but it isn't built up at all, other than being an extension of the Anduin/Arthas and Sylvanas/Lich King thing.

I think it would be balanced by an Azuremyst warfront the Draenei are destined to lose, but yeah there would totally be more rage about a Horde raid. HOWEVER people have been begging for Silvermoon to be redone forever, so maybe that's what Blizz would be relying on?

Like would people here be mad about an SMC raid that's Alliance/Horde vs Sylvanas if it meant that the entirety of Quelthalas becomes an actual zone?

No story buildup, it would be a twist on both Thunder Bluff (Thrall said it so it's happening!) and Stormwind (Sylvanas states it in BTS, reverse of Siege) expectations. The only hints are really the Void Elves wanting to take back Silvermoon and the Sunreavers being team Sylvanas.

I like that it's a twist on both TB and SW expectations but it isn't built up at all, other than being an extension of the Anduin/Arthas and Sylvanas/Lich King thing.

I think it would be balanced by an Azuremyst warfront the Draenei are destined to lose, but yeah there would totally be more rage about a Horde raid. HOWEVER people have been begging for Silvermoon to be redone forever, so maybe that's what Blizz would be relying on?

Like would people here be mad about an SMC raid that's Alliance/Horde vs Sylvanas if it meant that the entirety of Quelthalas becomes an actual zone?
    I would be mad because Alliance zones deserve some love too. I am all for Teldrassil or Stormwind because that means either would get a reasonable graphical upgrade to make it more in line with what people expect from a raid.

Teldrassil especially oculd finally be designed to look like what the concept art showed us as opposed to the abomination that was the best the Classic engine could muster.

Stormwind has less potential to be made into a raid though, seeing as there are not many places which could concievably be made into proper raiding areas. Best we have is a potential upgrade to the cathedral/catacombs, Stormwind vault and a smattering of open areas.
    Teldrassil would be made from almost the ground up, and Silvermoon is rarely enough visited, and poorly enough made that you could put almost whatever you want there and people would buy it, not to mention you could go to the isle of Quel'danas to revisit that place.

I would be mad because Alliance zones deserve some love too. I am all for Teldrassil or Stormwind because that means either would get a reasonable graphical upgrade to make it more in line with what people expect from a raid.
    I think this would be accomplished with the Azuremyst warfront. It would receive a big update as well that puts it on the map.

I think this would be accomplished with the Azuremyst warfront. It would receive a big update as well that puts it on the map.
    Azuremyst is the least relevant Alliance zone though. If we just go by hte theory that the Warfront is just to revamp an area i would much prefer we got a Gilneas warfront (which on reflection would perfectly fit in to the potential Silvermoon, or Stormwind warfront)

I always figured that a potential world revamp that included Silvermoon would scrap Azuremyst almost completely and relocate the Draenei to somewhere else. Maybe somewhere like Arathi, or Twilight Highlands. Azuremyst is a dead end of a zone unless you want a starting hub for a Backside of Azeroth storyline, and you need a city located as close as possible to the edge of the map. (Which would also be a perfect fit for a revamp of Silvermoon, thinking about it)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I got one question.

All zones since Legion have these, so expect them, if they will ever give us Ny'Alotha.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    The "Awakenings" leaks are getting honestly out of hand.

Either this is real and Blizz has no control over their own devs any longer, or someone is trying really hard to troll the community.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Either this is real and Blizz has no control over their own devs any longer, or someone is trying really hard to troll the community.
    This happens EVERY time when xpac reveal is incoming. The closer to Blizzcon, the more garbage will be spewn. Why people keep giving them any serious thought, I dunno. It just feeds the trolls.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I got one question.

As opposed to what? A zone with no dailies and WQs that becomes irrelevant the second you finish the story?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Blizz has a lot better control than leakers like to think they do. More likely what's happening here is either one person is posting the same leak multiple places, or someone decided they liked the OG leak so they stole it, modified it slightly, and reposted it to try and drive it as the truth.

Now that I think of it, I think Teldrassil is the least likely final thing for BFA because at least Nya'lotha is a zone. Ruins of Teldrassil doesn't really come with a new zone unless they want to have the entire burned tree be its own minizone with PART of it (maybe the lower half in the water) being a raid.

It also has the same problem of being too "samey" that I think Nya'lotha would have. I don't know how to make Nya'lotha fun and varied as a zone.
    I don't see a reason for it to be in Teldrassil. Besides ending the expansion where it started, what's there? Why would Sylvanas go there? It's a burnt husk!
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I don't see a reason for it to be in Teldrassil. Besides ending the expansion where it started, what's there? Why would Sylvanas go there? It's a burnt husk!
    Only reasons I can think of are to summon a shit ton of ghosts at once to do something or other, OR to use the tree trunk and roots as a path down into the center of the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This happens EVERY time when xpac reveal is incoming.
    It doesn't.
    What usually happens is a lot of people would "leak" many different concepts of which 2-3 sound somewhat plausible and are discussed.

So far it's been just this one.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    1. Loads of dead Nelves. If Darkshore is anything to go by, Sylvanas seems to be quite persuasive as Nelves seem to put up very little resistance to being ressurected and made to fight for those who killed them.

2. It is thematically relevant. Ending the expansion where it started is as good a storytelling technique as you can ask for.

3. Teldrassil could potentially have been grown on something important. It is afterall kind of weird that the Nelves places it out in the ocean instead of Ashenvale or something.

Mostly it is a theory though. There is nothing that screams that it should be the final raid other than it being a cooler concept than other Capital cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teldrassil as the ending would worry me that they're about to pull the Kerrigan card and say "No Sylvanas burned the tree because N'Zoth was hiding under it."