Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Missing 411 and the US National Forests Disappearances

So apparently a lot of people go missing in the American woods each year and nobody talks about it. Some people are never found, some people have only their belongings found or some bodies will be found in a total different area from where they disappeared. Former police officer David Paulides has now released a second documentary about the situation, this time about the hunters that roam the National Forests and mysteriously vanish.

First documentary trailer:

Second one, released a short while ago.

I went up on a "bigfoot binge" and the sounds that people have recorded throughout the years in forested areas are just outlandish.

And the 1970s recording that's featured in David Paulides' second documentary, apparently recorded by two men deep in the woods at night.

I'm not saying it's Bigfoot or aliens or skinwalkers or whatever, but there's definitely something going on out there, so what do you guys think of this ?

MOD EDIT: snipped links. We do not allow conspiracy theories.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2019-07-08 at 03:05 PM.

I think forests can be dangerous places to go without any need for there to be bigfoot or aliens or skinwalkers or whatever.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I think forests can be dangerous places to go without any need for there to be bigfoot or aliens or skinwalkers or whatever.
    I'll give you that but there's more going on here than accidents or wild animals or exposure. Also don't you find it interesting that they don't keep a record of the missing people ? They don't even have a guy writing names on a piece of paper with a 50c pencil.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guarantee if you took those bigfoot clips to an expert in bioacoustics, they could quickly identify the animal(s) involved especially based on a location.

I'm sure there are some wild animal attacks responsible for certain missing people, and in other cases, and arguably more likely, humans abducting and killing other humans.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightReveries View Post
    I'll give you that but there's more going on here than accidents or wild animals or exposure. Also don't you find it interesting that they don't keep a record of the missing people ? They don't even have a guy writing names on a piece of paper with a 50c pencil.
    Pure conspiracy theory. People die in the woods all of the time. Their corpses are eaten by animals or are difficult to find. It is very easy to die in the woods if you are unprepared, or are attacked by a predator.

I don't find it weird at all. There are police records for those things.

If there's more going on than accidents, wild animals, and/or exposure...than what it's not going to be is anything supernatural...it's going to be other humans.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-07-07 at 07:57 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I guarantee if you took those bigfoot clips to an expert in bioacoustics, they could quickly identify the animal(s) involved especially based on a location.

I'm sure there are some wild animal attacks responsible for certain missing people, and in other cases, and arguably more likely, humans abducting and killing other humans.
    Some also go out to the woods on a suicide mission. Less talked about, though.

Of course bodies are hard to find. Animals are all "Oh free meat" and then the body is just scattered bones. Super hard to find in miles of forest. Foxes, coyotes, bears, raccoons, opossums, mountain lions, rats, skunks, numerous types of birds, probably even squirrels will all go to town on a whole body's worth of free meat.

More than enough animals out there to dispose of bodies without needing to bring in bigfoot or other nonsense.

As for the noises, they're probably some animal making them. There are experts who could probably identify which animal it is. I know foxes and skunks make some super weird noises you wouldn't associate with the animal at all unless you saw them making it.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2019-07-07 at 07:51 AM.

I don't think very many people do go missing. National parks had 318,211,833 visitors last year source. These weird theories estimate around 1600 hundred a year go missing. That is an incredibility small number especially when you think most national parks are just huge forests.

I love how conspiracy theories always propose that the nefarious THEY are so powerful that they can keep stuff like this hidden for decades using vast networks of hundreds/thousands of people who never divulge the secret, but are also so incompetent that they forget to do something as simple as keep missing persons records.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-07-07 at 08:07 AM.

They get lost, injured,attacked by Animals or go into the Woods to commit suicide. Or they find some kind of Drug Farms out their and are killed.

Their is no mythical Man Ape thing running around the forest.

I'm sure somehow it's trumps fault.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

It's the bigfoots abducting them.

This is a conspiracy theory.

The woods are filled with wild animals, bad weather, and rough terrain. Bad things can happen in the woods.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're called bears and mountain lions.

Also, some people go into the woods looking to get lost.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoo boy do I have something to say about the topic.

This, and everything surrounding it, is pure conspiracy theories. Here's the thing, Missing 411 only looks at disappearances around national parks, but fails to take into account every disappearances that are equally as common outside of them. This is pure cherry-picking nonsense. Parks and Services keeps track of disappearances and when they find people. General cause of deaths are "falling" and "wild animals". There are a lot of people who think of themselves as these great adventurers, but in reality have trouble walking up a flight of stairs. These idiots and long hikes on difficult trails are a bad mix, and they're a lot more common than you think.

Besides being out of shape, most people don't understand the dangers of A. going off trails, and B.how different weather affects the wilderness. Tree wells are one of the most dangerous thing out there during the winter, and most hickers/snowshoers/skiers don't actually know about them. Hiking trails also exist for a reason. Most wilderness is, at best, treacherous and having a path cleared out for you is important. I'll throw in animal trails as also being safe-ish to follow IF NEEDED, but then you risk running into predators.

What doesn't help is that there are a gaggle of amateur writers that have taken up the subject, and decided to write "true story" fiction about the subject from the point of "park rangers" and have muddied the waters even more. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great people are taking up writing as a hobby, but once these stories hit the internet, they get lumped into the mix, and become part of the collective consciousness once hearsay does its thing. Imagine campfire stories, but spreading across thousands of people in the blink of an eye. Throw in some impressionable idiots who want their moment in the spotlight, and you have the perfect recipe for some widespread conspiracy theory about government coverups of national park induced alien butt probes, and face eating cryptid sightings.

Realistically, you're infinitely more likely to run into drug smugglers in a national park than you are to run into a wendigo or something. And really, the former is a lot more dangerous than the latter, since the first is generally armed with guns.

Its clear people here havent read the cases at all. People go missing when you turn your back for seconds and cant be found anywhere, thats weird.

But ofc it has to be something we understand and know of, because we understand everything right?!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's people setting up weed farms and people bumping into it and guess what those people get killed cause a lot of money would be lost if let them walk and talk.

Not fucking bigfoot and conspiracy theories despite the high presence of alt retarders on this forum isn't allowed.

Bigfoot is raping them, they turn into bigfoot themselves and live happily after.

I've read too many hentai, my mind became corrupted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loeve View Post
    Its clear people here havent read the cases at all. People go missing when you turn your back for seconds and cant be found anywhere, thats weird.

But ofc it has to be something we understand and know of, because we understand everything right?!
    Oorrrr, people are lying about the "only looked away for a few seconds".

But no. Bigfoot teleported the missing people away. That's clearly more likely.