400 LFR
    415 N
    430 H
    445 M

Is far too low given the current state of the game:
    - Players can get to almost 425 ilvl from world content alone
    - This gear's value exceeds heroic gear with a socket

Problems:
    - The raid will be obsolete for almost the entire playerbase except the few mythic raiders before it is even released due to the current rewards on offer (Benthic)
    - The lack of upgrades in Eternal Palace due to the benthic rewards will make it impossible to balance the raid. Do you balance heroic around questing gear (425)? If so, then there won't be any upgrades in the raid. Do you balance it like normal (410, 15 ilvls below what the raid drops)? If so, the raid will be steamrolled with questing gear.

Solutions:
    - Increase Eternal Palace ilvl rewards to 410/425/440/455
    - Increase LFR loot chance by 25%
    - Balance the raid accordingly (increase damage/hp of mobs by ~10%)

This will encourage the consumption of the newest content rather than remaining in previous content.

Also increase the ilvl of mechagon loot by 10 and hp/damage of mobs by 10%.
    Last edited by styil; 2019-07-07 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    400 LFR
    415 N
    430 H
    445 M

Problems:
    - The raid will be obsolete for almost the entire playerbase except the few mythic raiders before it is even released due to the current rewards on offer (Benthic)
    - The lack of upgrades in Eternal Palace due to the benthic rewards will make it impossible to balance the raid. Do you balance heroic around questing gear (425)? If so, then there won't be any upgrades in the raid. Do you balance it like normal (410, 15 ilvls below what the raid drops)? If so, the raid will be steamrolled with questing gear.

Solutions:

This will encourage the consumption of the newest content rather than remaining in previous content.

Your thread becomes completely pointless when you take a look at how many pearls you need to get full ilvl 425 gear.

Everyone already knew the about the ilvl situation in 8.2 a long time ago.

Again, another post whining about irrelevant gear when in averagely 3 weeks anyone with a brain will have farmed 100+ M+ and will be hovering over 440 and probably over 450 the next 2 weeks, while the rest of us that dont do Mythic will catch up 2 weeks after that.

TLDR of your post: Buff LFR gear cause i dont wanna actually play the game.

TLDR of my post: Get raiding or unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Your thread becomes completely pointless when you take a look at how many pearls you need to get full ilvl 425 gear.
    Indeed, only very few hardcore farmers will have several 425 pieces of benthic gear. I've farmed quite a bit since patch launch and I think I have got a total of about 500 pearls, which would be enough for 2 425 pieces, but I'm saving for mount and essences.

But you will eventually get it all unlike raiding where you may never get your items. On top of that they are stronger than most raid loot for a raid that isn't even out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    400 LFR
    415 N
    430 H
    445 M

Problems:

Solutions:

The ilvl from the new raid is the same as the previous seasons:

340 > 355 > 370 > 385 > 400 > 415 > 430 > 445 ( chance of 455 with titanforging ).

They should somehow work on Benthic gear instead.

- reducing its stats ( since the new passive effect and the chance to rng untill a socket appears ).
    - Removing sockets and extra stats from it.

About mechagon mobs dmg I do agree.
    Even though it was definitely not challenging, the nazjatar mobs offer difficult is more enjoyable.

@RobertMugabe: talking about pearls, they should definitely lower the cost of the upgrades. If we compare them to emissary quests which rewards with heroic/m+ ilvl ( azerite pieces ) or 5 less ilvl ( any other pieces ), and the time needed to do them with main, and alts, pearls are a nonsense grind.
    Last edited by Gatto; 2019-07-07 at 11:41 AM.

Everyone already knew the about the ilvl situation in 8.2 a long time ago.
    It becomes even more pointless when you take a look at how many benthic rings, trinkets and weapons there are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my gawd! The raid is no longer mandatory to upgrade your gear to a meaningful level? Megatsunami of whine incoming!
    Seriously, this is a step in the right direction. Raids should not be the only way to get good loot.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Oh my gawd! The raid is no longer mandatory to upgrade your gear to a meaningful level? Megatsunami of whine incoming!
    Seriously, this is a step in the right direction. Raids should not be the only way to get good loot.
    You were able to have ilvl = heroic raid even before.
    And you needed way less time ( 1 emissary per day ).

The amount of mana pearls you need to get a full set of 425 Benthic is too much to make the content releasing in 3 days obsolete. Especially if you created your Abyssal Focus.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    How about waiting to see how it's tuned and plays out?

You also neglect the absurd amount of luck/grinding needed to get anywhere close to the problems you outline.

Raid normally or die trying. Put it on hold and work out your issues if needed. Pursue challenge and push difficulty or relegate yourself to monotonous lonely grinds. The choice is yours, there's no pressure but that which you create and take to put on yourself.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-07-07 at 12:20 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    You were able to have ilvl = heroic raid even before.
    And you needed way less time ( 1 emissary per day ).
    There is still the possibility that emissary loot will go higher than 400 after next week's reset.
    MMO player

Other sources should not reward M level loot, period. I say that as someone who does not raid after I get my HC curve and who only plays 1.3-1.5k RIO ladder.

It's ridiculous that after the first month +10 is enough to get you max gear. It should be 10 for the first month and then 15. And then a 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, LFR gear is pointless and low. I have the perfect solution. Remove LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    To be fair, LFR gear is pointless and low. I have the perfect solution. Remove LFR.
    It should drop Valor points that crowd could exchange for basic gear (and only). If they want to see the fights and the lore, let them see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    It's ridiculous that after the first month +10 is enough to get you max gear. It should be 10 for the first month and then 15. And then a 20.
    Aren't they nerfing the max item level from M+ chests though? I thought I saw something like that.
    MMO player

Aren't they nerfing the max item level from M+ chests though? I thought I saw something like that.
    That's what we saw on the ptr. There's no proof that it will apply to the live realms. This "nerf" may just be the rewards for week 1 s3 (just like during the other bfa seasons when max ilvl was lower because mythic wasn't open yet).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    That's what we saw on the ptr. There's no proof that it will apply to the live realms. This "nerf" may just be the rewards for week 1 s3 (just like during the other bfa seasons when max ilvl was lower because mythic wasn't open yet).
    Yes of course. However, it's a safe bet to suppose this will happen on live, because of Ion.
    Oh well, I guess we have only a few days to wait to find out
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    yoo mr super Casual its only for the first HC Week were we (good player) farming titanfoged Gear for progress ilvl is capped on purpose on +7 keys

I agree the raids should be more than just seasonal value, but that can’t happen with m+ existing and with the seasonal approach to wow that makes all other content in the expac irrelevant when a new patch comes out