Thanks for the tips guys, Ill look into it more in a few when I wake up some lol.

Also question and it may be a dumb one but, Is there a tank spec that plays more like a Prot Paladin now?

Dark Knight was ok-ish for me before but did they make holding argo and all much easier? I wouldn't mind a "Tanking for dummies" class lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Help me decide:

I have both DRG and SAM at level 80.
    Which one is "better".

I like both playstyles, so in that regard, I'd prefer the better class.

SAM seems to be a lot easier if you don't know the fights well, Dragoon has overall more style.
    Both seem to deal good damage, I only wonder which one does more. Dancer DPS for example seems to be really low compared to SAM/Dragoons in ST.

Does anyone have some numbers? I don't have ACT installed atm.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-07-07 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    FFLogs.
    Though from my MMO experience rolling FotM is pointless, it'll be nerfed eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Probably much more likely that he just made up "Death Threats" to deflect from the fact he is a massive idiot that made a shitty video and needed to come out of the situation as a Victim so People gave him pity instead of criticism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Help me decide:

I have both DRG and SAM at level 80.
    Which one is "better".

I like both playstyles, so in that regard, I'd prefer the better class.

SAM seems to be a lot easier if you don't know the fights well, Dragoon has overall more style.
    Both seem to deal good damage, I only wonder which one does more. Dancer DPS for example seems to be really low compared to SAM/Dragoons in ST.

DRG currently top for Melee DPS. SAM close second, overall BLM top dog.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your main gimmick is double cast, use Jolt + Veraero/Verthunder (hardcasting them for 5 seconds is no go). The latter two often proc Verfire/Verstone, use them instead of Jolt under the proc. For AoE you want to use Veraero 2/Verthunder 2 + Scatter. Try to balance your white and black mana, because otherwise you'll slow down greatly. After both hit 80, jump to target, do your melee combo and jump back. Don't forget your oGCDs. That should be enough at your level.
    Wouldn't impact be better then scatter its potency is 220 over scatters 120.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

FFLogs.
    Though from my MMO experience rolling FotM is pointless, it'll be nerfed eventually.
    FFXIV doesn't do class change hotfixes though

And the amount of tomestones you get per week is limited later on. Right now, it doesn't really matter. I'll have both classes equipped in 440/450 since rather soon, but later on, I was wondering about who does more deeps considering that I like both classes and DNC right now felt like it's super far behind, and the logs pretty much confirmed my suspicion.

BLM being top was already forseeable from the class change previews alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    It is far more streamlined now, we only have two different rotations, the AOE one and then our normal dmg rotation. We also mix in Bloodspiller and Quietus, and the two moves that give darkside, and we have delirium which lets us do 5 BloodSpiller/Quietus in a row. The class feels far better when fighting a bunch of mobs in a dungeon. Overall imo the class feels better and is more enjoyable to play.
    Yeah the AOE does look really fun. Hopefully it'll grow on me more as i keep leveling. I tried gunbreaker for a bit and while i enjoy the rotation i just can't deal with not being full edgelord.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys, Ill look into it more in a few when I wake up some lol.

Also question and it may be a dumb one but, Is there a tank spec that plays more like a Prot Paladin now?

Dark Knight was ok-ish for me before but did they make holding argo and all much easier? I wouldn't mind a "Tanking for dummies" class lol.
    They made holding aggro a lot easier, basically you can't lose it as long as you have your tank stance on and tank stance has no down side. I can't really comment on what plays like prot pally if anything because I haven't played prot pally in forever lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Wouldn't impact be better then scatter its potency is 220 over scatters 120.
    Scatter turns into Impact in the 60s, JT wouldn't have it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They made holding aggro a lot easier, basically you can't lose it as long as you have your tank stance on and tank stance has no down side. I can't really comment on what plays like prot pally if anything because I haven't played prot pally in forever lol.
    In short.

Pro Paladin was, Throw out my shield to grab the group then AOE to keep argo. Use Def cooldown's when Needed. I can't remember how Dark Knight played before but I may check it out.

I'm just kinda looking for something I enjoy that is also simple. Wouldn't mind a simple tank cause of que times.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Tell that to almost every tank I've run into on my BLM. I almost always have to throttle my DPS.

Give me back diversion, please. At least for the complete shitter tanks who cant function at all.

As for simple tanks, Warrior I'd say. The resource you have is dead simple now and there's not much to keep track off. Also has low amount of buttons compared to say Paladin or Gunbreaker. The only downside is the first part of the aoe combo is a frontal cone compared to other tanks.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2019-07-07 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Every single Thornmarch group I've gotten in has wiped at least once, but this was just sad.

*snip*
    haha yeh I got pit into that trial yesterday. We wiped cause we killed the king too fast and we exploded. It was so tilting because its like the stupidest trial boss in the game in terms of theme. xD

Honestly each class I look at seems a bit overwhelming.

Its here is a bunch of ability's now learn all of them and their order. Even RDM feels that way to me, kinda wish it started at level 1 so I could just get use to it as I go and not be handled a lot of stuff at once.

Considered SAM as well and after looking at this I just said nope cause all of it went over my head lol.
    https://i.imgur.com/DVnJ2BD.png

Just trying to find something that doesn't feel overwhelming at the start, I'm likely overreacting a bit I admit.

Its here is a bunch of ability's now learn all of them and their order. Even RDM feels that way to me, kinda wish it started at level 1 so I could just get use to it as I go and not be handled a lot of stuff at once.

Considered SAM as well and after looking at this I just said nope cause all of it went over my head lol.

Just trying to find something that doesn't feel overwhelming at the start, I'm likely overreacting a bit I admit.
    Samurai is actually not TOO bad once you set up your keybinds in a good way. You want to get 3 buffs by doing 3 different finishers. Each finisher combo starts at the same 1st ability (AoE is slightly different but same idea). The main problem is the japanese names so its hard to remember them. Just read the abilities and see what move it requires prior to it. Setting up keybinds for samurai is basically a little puzzle.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-07-07 at 05:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

If you like the style of Red Mage, I might suggest running Palace of the Dead from floor 1-10 and up for a while. Since it has its own leveling progression separate from the open world and starts you at level one. You'll level somewhat quickly, but gain abilities in order, and can get a more natural feel for how the job plays from a low level. It worked wonders for me with Dark Knight a while back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick what you like, kill a few quest mobs to see how it feels.
    You'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Worry about minmaxing later down the road.

Having my WHM to 80 I'm currently enjoying the SMN quite a bit even if I'm still pretty gimpy.

I wish the music in "The Twinning" wouldn't have that "Alexander part" in it. The instrumentals are so awesome.

They often look much worse than they actually are. Take the BLM for example, it's always had a rotation that looked incrediably complex on paper, but in practice you were always aiming to maintain Enochian and use as many Fire 4 casts as possible. When you put it that way, it doesn't sound too complicated at all.

Obviously there's more to it than that, but that's always been the core goal for the Job by and large.

The other jobs are similar too. Don't be put off by the huge list of skills, once you get your hands on them and start actually playing things tend to just fall into place, particullaly if you're leveling up and things are unlocked a skill at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    If you like the style of Red Mage, I might suggest running Palace of the Dead from floor 1-10 and up for a while. Since it has its own leveling progression separate from the open world and starts you at level one. You'll level somewhat quickly, but gain abilities in order, and can get a more natural feel for how the job plays from a low level. It worked wonders for me with Dark Knight a while back.
    Honestly forgot all about Palace of the Dead so ill give that a go.

Thanks for the tip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Pick what you like, kill a few quest mobs to see how it feels.
    You'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Worry about minmaxing later down the road.

Having my WHM to 80 I'm currently enjoying the SMN quite a bit even if I'm still pretty gimpy.
    ill keep that in mind thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    They often look much worse than they actually are. Take the BLM for example, it's always had a rotation that looked incrediably complex on paper, but in practice you were always aiming to maintain Enochian and use as many Fire 4 casts as possible. When you put it that way, it doesn't sound too complicated at all.

Obviously there's more to it than that, but that's always been the core goal for the Job by and large.

The other jobs are similar too. Don't be put off by the huge list of skills, once you get your hands on them and start actually playing things tend to just fall into place, particullaly if you're leveling up and things are unlocked a skill at a time.
    Ya that's honestly what has made it hard for me to come back, Just picking a class and BAM here is a ton of ability's lol.

Going to use Advent's idea and play PoTD just so I get that level 1-x feel and get use to a class.

Also god I wish they would somehow improve dealing with the menu's on a controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Personally SMN is quite fun/nice. Very mobile, good DPS, and a Carbuncle. That said you do kind of swap between 3 states so it may not fit everyone. No trance, Bahamut Trance, and Summon Bahamut/Phoenix (Trance). It is very much more forgiving but small stuff does decrease your DPS by a bit. There's not a whole lot to worry in terms of lining up CDs now due to Trance no longer granting damage bonus, mainly just Ruinja + Ruination. Other thing to look out for is Enkindle Ifrit for a fire vuln debuff before summoning Phoenix/Trance.

Also saving a herp derp group with Titan Egi's shield buff is great. The fact you can swap between pets instantly and shield yourself is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Personally SMN is quite fun/nice. Very mobile, good DPS, and a Carbuncle. That said you do kind of swap between 3 states so it may not fit everyone. No trance, Bahamut Trance, and Summon Bahamut/Phoenix (Trance). It is very much more forgiving but small stuff does decrease your DPS by a bit. There's not a whole lot to worry in terms of lining up CDs now due to Trance no longer granting damage bonus, mainly just Ruinja + Ruination. Other thing to look out for is Enkindle Ifrit for a fire vuln debuff before summoning Phoenix/Trance.

Also saving a herp derp group with Titan Egi's shield buff is great. The fact you can swap between pets instantly and shield yourself is great.
    Personally I'm not a fan of having to do all the basic pet attacks manually now. Makes the class feel like whack-a-mole. Insta summon is cool though.