Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    For the same reason Magni's response to Azeroth wasn't 'Lets make another well!'.
    Kinda hard to do that when there's a heckin huge sword still stuck in the planet, eh?

Plus I'm not sure the keepers even had the pillars at that point. They might have been made during different ages even.
    From what I understand the pillars were said to have been given to the Keepers by the Titans after their creation to assist in their task. The Titans had already left Azeroth by the time the well was made, since the Titans never came back, they had to have given them the pillars by then.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Kinda hard to do that when there's a heckin huge sword still stuck in the planet, eh?
    Did you not read my first comment?

From what I understand the pillars were said to have been given to the Keepers by the Titans after their creation to assist in their task. The Titans had already left Azeroth by the time the well was made, since the Titans never came back, they had to have given them the pillars by then.
    We only know that they were given the pillars and what they were used for, but not exactly when. It's entirely possible that the Titans created them over time through their keepers as each new essence became relevant. A similar thing happened with the Aspects and how the 'Titans directly created them' but that was revealed to be a measure made by the keepers. Just pure speculation though, I wish we had more grounded info about the primordial stage of Azeroth.

I wish we had more grounded info about the primordial stage of Azeroth.
    Be careful what you ask for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Yeh sometimes it's better to just be in your imagination rather than see it be made into a timeless isle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you not read my first comment?

About using the hammer, that only has power over the earth, to remove chunks of an otherworldly metal sword?

I can't imagine the hammer, that was specifically made to shape the surface of Azeroth would have any sway over a weapon made of otherworldly material.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

5+ Year Old Account
    About using the hammer, that only has power over the earth, to remove chunks of an otherworldly metal sword?

I can't imagine the hammer, that was specifically made to shape the surface of Azeroth would have any sway over a weapon made of otherworldly material.
    I don't know why you think a hammer with total sway over 'Earth'--whose powers have never been limited in description--on a planet with magic rock and materials, including that of crystal Azerite--would be unable to even make a dent in a magically drained sword that only serves as a massive hunk of metal.

On that note, the pillars are also otherworldly in their scope of power. Why are you now implying they aren't otherwordly enough after just stating you believe they were created by the titans directly and given to the keepers? It'd be titan magic against a drained titan weapon--that isn't even special, as it's just a big sword. There is also nothing that states that there is nothing on Azeroth that can deal with the weapon, when our artifacts alone were enough to store its magical components.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you think a hammer with total sway over 'Earth'--whose powers have never been limited in description-
    Each pillar has limits to it's power, dominion over a specific thing, if their powers were not limited there would be no need for more than one to exist.

If that sword is made of a material not native to Azeroth, the hammer would likely have no sway over it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Each pillar has limits to it's power, dominion over a specific thing, if their powers were not limited there would be no need for more than one to exist.
    I'm implying no limit over the specified dominion, not that one pillar can do everything. At the most I speculate they're as limited as their user, but I wish there was more to go off of in the future. I'm especially curious about the Tears of Elune, which are as mysterious as the goddess herself.

I'm implying no limit over the specified dominion, not that one pillar can do everything. At the most I speculate they're as limited as their user, but I wish there was more to go off of in the future. I'm especially curious about the Tears of Elune, which are as mysterious as the goddess herself.
    Indeed, it's the only one that doesn't seem to have an obvious straightforward use. And was one of the 3 in night elven care. The Suramar community, specifically Elisande's order safeguarded that one, the Highborne of azsuna were the guardians of the tidestone, and the ORder of Elune, the tears. I suspect it has something to do with life and nature .. but Elune is more arcane and light/void related, not really nature.. this is why priests are very different from druids, and that's a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    indeed, mu thoughts exactly

10+ Year Old Account
    Any powerful artifact that someone can come across. I'm sure the Pillars of Creation can do similar things(I said similar not this in particular). That said, someone did bring up a good point. Is Gorribal harmless at this point right now or is it still an issue.

Edit: I wondered about the Book of Medivh and maybe use that but I don't know if that thing is still intact or not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Indeed, it's the only one that doesn't seem to have an obvious straightforward use. And was one of the 3 in night elven care. The Suramar community, specifically Elisande's order safeguarded that one, the Highborne of azsuna were the guardians of the tidestone, and the ORder of Elune, the tears. I suspect it has something to do with life and nature .. but Elune is more arcane and light/void related, not really nature.. this is why priests are very different from druids, and that's a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

indeed, mu thoughts exactly
    I initially suspected it had some relation to cleansing/purification, but Xavius tainting it so easily squashed that HC.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post
    Well we had super empowered fel warlocks being able to raise gigantic landmasses , I suppose with more power and 1 being or multiple could do so

We also had the Pillars of Creation ( or at least just 1 ) being able to part seas to reveal ...

Oh give me a damn break with the damn night elf threads already
    It's a huge part of the game and lore now. Move along if it bothers you that much.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Wait, there's a sunken part of Kalimdor? I need to read more books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Wait, there's a sunken part of Kalimdor? I need to read more books.
    Most of the Kalimdor super-continent was sunk in the Sundering, the surviving landmasses of the Eastern Kingdoms and modern Kalimdor are only a part of what once existed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead